Trouble connecting to game?

Comments

• ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I've tried Force-Closing, no dice. Anyone tried clearing Cache and/or reinstalling on Android?
  • Just to say, at the risk of repeating things, that I also have had the issue all morning. Managed two rounds of anything all morning.

And I so desperately want that Beast cover...
  • I can not connect the game.
  • I set up a strategy to get the luke in pvp, put a 3 hour shield to get into the last minute and play with dolls loaded, however the game was out of the system and could not get in, I know that was a problem was general and not mine, because we have a group at the guild whatzap and have components from various countries, so I feel hurt, I was in position 115 and could easily be among the 100, my registration is cacá ragnaroke-cacadsouza@gmail.com, count on your comprehension, thank you!
  • Due to that lost all rewards from PvP (was in middle of climb) and pretty much butchered PvE in slice 3 (it happened with full nodes that I was planning to grind down). Just amazing.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Finally up after 6 hours down.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I have never had this issue before, but have had it several times over the last week. It is frustrating when you are counting on it to do a last minute push, in PvE and in PvP. I have had luck with walking away for 10 mins, then trying again after. It does appear to intermittent for me, and the issue is always on the server side, as I'm not resetting or force closing to get it to work.
  • I am running the Steam version on PC and my internet is working fine but the game says check my ethernet connection. This happened right after winning a fight that is going to cost me 2 health packs. So if it screwed me out of the 840 points in this PVE, I am not going to be happy. Competition is fierce in the top 10.

Worse than that, I cannot get back into the game to even recoup from that.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I had this issue late yesterday, and it has just come up again. Interestingly when I can't connect on my main computer (Windows 7), I usually can connect from my laptop (Windows XP). They are both hard wired to the network, so there should be no difference.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION

Interesting my internet connection is just fine to post this. Perhaps D3 needs to check THEIR internet connection.

20 mins til sub transition. I would like to be earning some points right now
  • Same problem as most of the people here: can't connect through Wi-Fi. Tried with cell connection and no dice. Went with Hola VPN afterwards and guess what?! "Check Internet Connection".

Lame guys! If there's a problem, just let us know and we'll wait. Otherwise, everyone with a problem will keep trying - downside of having such and addictive game...
  • Kilwrath
    Kilwrath Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    No connection via WiFi, works fine on LTE. This has happened before, hopefully they get it sorted out quick.

I wouldn't say no to a consolation cover like they did the last time this happened, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • On steam, cable internet, all wired. Connection to the game keeps going in and out, comm link disrupted for a few minutes at a time, then it pops back. Nothing wrong with my internet otherwise.

Glad I wasn't in the last slice of Fist Bump. It was doing this stuff before I went to sleep, right around when it would have been ending. I would have been beyond pissed.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Same here. Steam user. I hope, sometime soon, they change the "Check Internet Connection" message which makes it seem like it's the players' fault.

I left the game back in July and returned 4 weeks ago and this is the first time the game fails to connect for so long. Ah, do you remember those good old days when the servers were failing at the end of every major event and a few days later (sometimes) we received a compensation? I wouldn't say no to 100-200 HP; although I am done with Fist Bump and I don't have another event to play in. Shhhh.
  • Juandmp
    Juandmp Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Cant connect since last night, miss all pve end Times :S
  • It's a wifi issue ... when I turned my wifi off and used 3G, it connected immediately no problem.

I missed the end of my PVE subs, that's a lot of points gone icon_e_sad.gif god I hope I still make top 10 overall
  • Juandmp
    Juandmp Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Miss all the pve timers thats a loot of points with the new CD points system.
  • PC user and I don't use WiFi.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    FYI, this is a regular occurance that happens about once a month, and every time they say they have no idea what the problem is. Then the server usually comes back up within half a day depending on when you happened to notice it was down.

The only workaround currently is if you're on mobile you can try switching to mobile data which probably routes you differently to their server. If you're on steam or can't use mobile data then too bad.

Previous thread on this problem is at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20078
  • I tried the game again and when Steam launched, it started updating MPQ. Hmm, maybe we'll see who is the telepath they announced. According to the Steam page
    "R72 Is Live!"

Edit: "When you enter a mission, any empty Team-Up/Boost slots are filled with random available Team-Ups from your inventory. " I noticed it in the the first match I played after the update. It is a cool addition. Sometimes I forget to load TU and other times I don't want to waste time to search for the right TU because I am climbing, so it's nice to have this backup feature.