Deadpools daily quest Taco token draws

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point, I've gotten the small Hero Point reward seven times. icon_lol.gif

I must be a hacker!

Didn't you hear? That's one of the perk of being a forum mod... Your luck becomes better!

So you better continue being a mod.... icon_razz.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    At this point, I've gotten the small Hero Point reward seven times. icon_lol.gif

I must be a hacker!

Didn't you hear? That's one of the perk of being a forum mod... Your luck becomes better!

So you better continue being a mod.... icon_razz.gif

Must just be the Taco Tokens, because all my other tokens are awful like everyone else's. icon_lol.gif
  • In the past 5 days I opened 30 tokens. 2 small imcoin.png cache, 3 red Cyclops (Thank you Deadpool), 2 green Human Torch (sold), 1 Blue Doc Ock (sold), and 22 2*s, 3 of which I think were Magneto covers so those are good right now for imcoin.png . Now I am back to hoarding. I MIGHT open them next time Luke Cage enters, but probably not.

C.Mags and BP repeating first leads me to believe they are repeating the whole list in order, which would be kinda meh. Shake it up a bit.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some reason they skipped IF on first time through, so I'll have at least 70 tacos before opening. Hopefully he comes up before they go through three times, or I'm going to have a couple hundred to open at once.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure whether I have the worst luck, the best luck, or just karmic luck on my taco tokens....

I think I posted earlier in this thread that I got the 1000 HP reward early -- like, within the first week of the DDQ. And since then...... I think I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 3* covers total. Being disappointed at pulling yet another Moonstone cover is becoming part of my daily routine now, like brushing my teeth.

On the other hand, I did get the 1k reward, so maybe this is just karma....
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    I'm not sure whether I have the worst luck, the best luck, or just karmic luck on my taco tokens....

I think I posted earlier in this thread that I got the 1000 HP reward early -- like, within the first week of the DDQ. And since then...... I think I've gotten maybe 2 or 3 3* covers total. Being disappointed at pulling yet another Moonstone cover is becoming part of my daily routine now, like brushing my teeth.

On the other hand, I did get the 1k reward, so maybe this is just karma....
    If you had 1000HP and 3 covers, you shouldn't complain. From the first 31 tokens all I got was 1 she-hulk (yuck) and 250HP. I have 30 tokens banked waiting for someone who is interesting enough. Probably going to wait until IF is included, and spend 20-25 tokens trying to pull purple or green.
  • Hey guys new to the forum. Been playing since Sept 2014. I have one question about your theory on draw rates. How do know that the draw rates on the Tacos don't degrade if you don't use them right away? I have had much more success pulling covers when opening them up right away. Might be confirmation bias. The pull rates are for current tokens only right?

Thanks,

James
  • James jack wrote:
    Hey guys new to the forum. Been playing since Sept 2014. I have one question about your theory on draw rates. How do know that the draw rates on the Tacos don't degrade if you don't use them right away? I have had much more success pulling covers when opening them up right away. Might be confirmation bias. The pull rates are for current tokens only right?

Thanks,

James
    Not sure, but anecdotally I've only opened 11 stockpiled tokens, and I've hit 3-250HP rewards. Confirmation bias!
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I have had terrible, TERRIBLE luck with taco tokens...on day 1 of DDQ I pulled a Black Panther cover from them, and have not pulled anything but 2* cards since. Deadpool is trolling me icon_e_wink.gif
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    today i get a Daredevil blue cover from a stockpile token
    how i get it? its suppose to be round six drawrate
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pnggreenflag.png

4th gold token I believe since this started. 1 of those was 1000 imcoin.png though.

Also pulled one 250 imcoin.png

Not much better or worse than my normal draw rates.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    James jack wrote:
    Hey guys new to the forum. Been playing since Sept 2014. I have one question about your theory on draw rates. How do know that the draw rates on the Tacos don't degrade if you don't use them right away? I have had much more success pulling covers when opening them up right away. Might be confirmation bias. The pull rates are for current tokens only right?

Thanks,

James

Token pulls are based on a random number generator that picks a number from (probably) 1-1000 and equates it to a corresponding cover

A RNG doesn't change based on how long you wait to use it. It's like a die. If you roll it now or in a week, you'll still get the same result if you roll it exactly the same way.

However, you CAN wait until there are different covers on the list.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    James jack wrote:

Thanks,

James

Token pulls are based on a random number generator that picks a number from (probably) 1-1000 and equates it to a corresponding cover

A RNG doesn't change based on how long you wait to use it. It's like a die. If you roll it now or in a week, you'll still get the same result if you roll it exactly the same way.

However, you CAN wait until there are different covers on the list.

I understand the concept of RNG. I have had better luck then most on this thread. Two Mags in 4 tacos so far this week. Instead of 1-1000 maybe, they change it to 1-1500.

I was just wondering because so many people are reporting lower rates in this thread. Now that might be because only the really lucky and unlucky are telling people on the forums. Hence the term confirmation bias in my post.

Thanks,

James
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    What are we now - 48 tokens in?

I've had 47 x 2* & a Blue Psylocke (500iso)

Pretty underwhelming, but another guy in my alliance is reporting a 50% success rate - over 20 x 3* covers.

Make of this what you will
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    dingao666 wrote:
    No. Many people have already reported such situation.
    It seems that stockpiled tacos draw from the next round, not previous.
    So if we are now at round 7, the stockpiled tokens will draw from round 8... It's crazy, but it works like that icon_razz.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    for quite some time I've only gotten 2**, my last 3* was hood, I think

I guess I used up my luck in the first week when I got 250HP twice...
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    smoq84 wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    No. Many people have already reported such situation.
    It seems that stockpiled tacos draw from the next round, not previous.
    So if we are now at round 7, the stockpiled tokens will draw from round 8... It's crazy, but it works like that icon_razz.gif

haha , really?
    this game is full of surprises

thanks for help
  • Opened 9 tacos today. Pulled 250HP twice, the rest was 2* trash.

Since the beginning of DDQ, I've now pulled 250HP four times, and a grand total of three 3* covers. The chances of getting a 3* may be 12.2%, but it isn't that for me. But I'm beating the 4.3% chance of get HP at least.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ares.pngyellowflag.png