Meet Rocket & Groot - Feb 3 - Feb 8

Options

Comments

• Progression seems ridiculously low for this event, probably because most people don't have Star-Lord.

Also got a Mystique purpleflag.png from an event token so am pretty happy with this event.
  • I have no Star Lord and have almost tripled the progression number. Not difficult at all. Now that last Doom Mystique node is a different story lol icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Total agreement with the above poster on OBW making Mystique/Doom easier battles. Unlike all the other subs, losing a character was still a higher possibility than it was in any of the other subs, but not so much that leaving myself with 1 healthpack after my Mostorm PVP climb wouldn't allow me to finish a run through.

I recall when the True-healing patch went through where someone commented that they could still 'literally play as long as they wanted', and I struggled with how that could be possible. Now with roster that's completed the transition, and has a pretty decent variety of nearly leveled characters, it kinda rings true. Its nice to be able to grind a sub down to 1pt in almost every node and still be able to easily run through the new sub when it opens and not even be out of healthpacks. Managing scaling seems to help in this regard also, but having choices in who to bring into nodes instead of having to rely on the same old 2* roster fight after fight after fight... I don't envy those who are still stuck in that portion of the game.

I've very little time for forums lately, taking a much more active role in the alliance structure. However, going back to the Hood discussion (and there are too many points made by too many people in too many posts to quote any one post/person), perhaps my personal situation tweaked my perspective a bit in the direction of my advice, and I'm certain it won't work for everyone.

First, my transition 'finished' when I was able to complete Patch during Enemy of the State over Xmas, and with a fully covered Lcap, both of them went from 153 right to 166. They are among the best transitioning and PVE characters imo. When I'm fighting The Hood, I was generally taking Patch/Ldaken(114)/Loki (95). Loki is completely covered in the composition, and barring a decent sized cascade after twin pistols, Patch could take a hit from it even at the highest point in its scaling. If I ever lost someone it was usually because I couldn't get patch out front and Ldaken would take it on the nose instead. Also, forcing the AI into making match 4's it couldn't use helped immensely with Loki's green, and I very seldom saw a Twin pistols before I could down him. Patch coming out of the fight with low health also helps keep scaling in check, with a quick lap in a prologue node for a full refresh before the next one.

Second, as regards team-ups, I did have a fairly endless supply of them, because I have an alliance that will send them. Most of the current members of the local alliance have m.bw at 0/5 or 2/5, juggernaught at 5/5, and minimally those could be sent. Bringing m.bw's blue along with +3 tuap that The Hood couldn't steal almost every battle certainly made it seem a lot easier. 2 white matches later, Hood's on ice for 5 turns, goons start dropping CD tiles instead of saving, and even if he doesn't go down (rare case) before the stun expires, he has to start over on the count of yellow since his goons used it all on him. (how pissed was he when he came to his senses, amirite?) Lacking those 2, members would ask what I wanted, and getting good damage teamups as an alternative worked almost as well. The fight I managed to bring an alliance TU of HT's 166 fireball into went... so well that I'm sure it raised my scaling for a bit.

Everyone else that tried it had pretty good luck with it also, regardless of their roster strength. To me, this was the strategy that mitigated the need for luck. Finding something that made even the scaled up hood fights feel pretty trivial is the only reason I even brought it up as a method I felt went better than boosting colored AP.
  • Here is something that drives me nuts because I can't figure it out. I have hit each of my refreshes as soon as they've reached FULL POINTS, and I have hit each node on each clear. So I should have the maximum points available in my bracket.

So if I'm sitting at 2nd place, why does the bracket leader have 45 more points than I do? And I have 30 points ahead of 3rd place. I'm not exactly worried about my placement here. But I have been noticing this more and more lately (before 8-hour refreshes) - where point totals differ by he slightest of points. Are other players unable to beat a node so double-tap another node to compensate or something? I'm all kinds of confused over this.

The third sub has 6300 points per clear, so if you are slightly below a multiple of 6300, then you went a few minutes too soon during a clear. The other possibility is that the number 1 guy played the first node an extra time for S&Gs.
  • daibar wrote:
    Progression seems ridiculously low for this event, probably because most people don't have Star-Lord.

Also got a Mystique purpleflag.png from an event token so am pretty happy with this event.

8hr refresh events have low progression thresholds, I hope D3 doesn't "fix" them.
  • This event is a breeze to anyone with a decently covered, high level grocket. I'haven't used a single health pack so far (my grocket is 4/4/5 at 160)
  • So a complete clear in sub 3 is worth 6300 points. Based on the decay, the second clear would be worth 5250 (5/6th). Is the decay rate linear - do we regain 131 points every hour?
  • papa07 wrote:
    So a complete clear in sub 3 is worth 6300 points. Based on the decay, the second clear would be worth 5250 (5/6th). Is the decay rate linear - do we regain 131 points every hour?

The decay is continously linear so it'd be 131 every hour and ~2 every minute though due to rounding you're probably not going to find exactly 2 more points every minute. It may go up a bit more if rubberbanding somehow kicked in while it's refreshing too.
  • ark123 wrote:
    This event is a breeze to anyone with a decently covered, high level grocket. I'haven't used a single health pack so far (my grocket is 4/4/5 at 160)

Unfortunately 0/4/5 (yeah, I sold progression reward) does not qualify as decently covered, their Yellow is as rare as Hoods Blue icon_e_sad.gif
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Nivrax wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    This event is a breeze to anyone with a decently covered, high level grocket. I'haven't used a single health pack so far (my grocket is 4/4/5 at 160)

Unfortunately 0/4/5 (yeah, I sold progression reward) does not qualify as decently covered, their Yellow is as rare as Hoods Blue icon_e_sad.gif

0/4/4 here. it makes me sad just to look at him. icon_cry.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hopefully new pve tonight
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Insipid and Squirrel1120
    Sorry only one of you could score a Xforce cover but it was fun watching you guys slug it out for #2.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whoh. It's going to be a speed round bloodbath in the upcoming gauntlet. First ten get a 10 pack in each sub.
  • A tip of the hat to Muie811 and Rio_D. I have never pushed for top2 in PvE before (thanks 8 hour refresh) and that was an exciting and exhausting fight. You two pushed me in a way that I never want to do again - playing straight through from 4:30 to 8am and getting 63 of the 72 potential clears. But I am glad to have experienced the rush once. Wish they gave XForce to 3 places
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    A tip of the hat to Muie811 and Rio_D. I have never pushed for top2 in PvE before (thanks 8 hour refresh) and that was an exciting and exhausting fight. You two pushed me in a way that I never want to do again - playing straight through from 4:30 to 8am and getting 63 of the 72 potential clears. But I am glad to have experienced the rush once. Wish they gave XForce to 3 places

You had quite the lead on me this morning and Rio_D was hot on my tail all morning...but I JUST managed to edge you out at the last minute.

Well done on your top 2 and grats on your new XForce icon_e_smile.gif

Rio_D, sorry that you couldn't get a XF too.
  • How did you keep that lead Maui? Seems like you matched my every play. But my points wore out. icon_e_sad.gif and you kept getting them. Did you have a full refresh during the final push? I legit want to know what I did wrong to miss out on the 2k points yall beat me with. icon_e_smile.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    @Insipid and Squirrel1120
    Sorry only one of you could score a Xforce cover but it was fun watching you guys slug it out for #2.

Excellent victory sir. I knew when I missed 6 hours at the beginning of the second sub that 1st was out of reach with you up there. I thought second was out of reach when I woke and you guys had a 4k+ lead. I started hitting nodes anyway, there were plenty of nodes left that wouldn't give up their treats. It wasn't till an hour later I checked the leaderboard and noticed I'd closed almost 3k of that gap, so with another 1.5 hrs to go I just put the foot on the gas. The boards were NOT cooperative, but I started boosting some to help, since I have so few opportunities at any Xforce. I still wouldn't have beat him if he wasn't at a dinner party, so my hats off to him for being such a strong competition also.

Even if I hadn't such a gap on that second sub, it'd still be hard to keep up with that perfectly leveled-for-pve roster you have. gg.

Hopefully I'l be back to work soon, and I'll return to my normally scheduled slice 4. 9am/9pm times were pretty great while they lasted.
  • Rio_D wrote:
    How did you keep that lead Maui? Seems like you matched my every play. But my points wore out. icon_e_sad.gif and you kept getting them. Did you have a full refresh during the final push? I legit want to know what I did wrong to miss out on the 2k points yall beat me with. icon_e_smile.gif

I passed you when you were an hour or an hour and a half late on clear 4 (12 hours left), I gained an hour there and was able to start my final clear at full point at the 3:30 mark, when you guys weren't hitting full until the 2 hour mark (give or take). When I ran out of time, I had no points left on 8 of the 12 nodes and minimal on the others, but I was able to let the hard nodes refresh for an hour while I hit the trivial ones, so they were worth more points than yours since you had to hit them right away after you started the clock.

In theory, points for the final 4 hours were maxed at 3.5 * 6300 = 22,050. In reality, it was a little higher, as clears are not instantaneous and points would regenerate a tiny amount (less than 500 total points).

In the last 4 hours

Papa 21,840 or 3.47x single clear
    Rio_D 19,423 or 3.08x single clear
    Muie811 19,107 or 3.04x single clear

You two were both much faster on clears, usually 20-30 minutes were I was 30-45 during the regular clears, but being able to start 90 minutes earlier for the final clear was the difference for me. All three of those numbers for the final pass were ridiculous and no one deserved to be shut out. Sorry it was you - hopefully karma turns it around for you in the near future.
  • I guess that makes sense for you. But maui was playing exactly when I was, when I got points, he got points and then I would go in again and he would still be 2 to 4k ahead. He never stopped gaining points. He gained points while i was away and while I was away. So I would like to know what he did. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wish the people that already have xforce maxed would slow down and let me get top 2. At 4th place currently with 3 hours to go. "Chey..." and "ZeroWkrad" I'm talking to you!