*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• ark123 wrote:
    I don't follow. You think someone actually goes back and tweak the chance of cover drops?

I think they're implying that there will be less competition for his covers because he is now unpopular.

Oh in pvp? I suppose. Though people who top10'd Sentry pvps all already had maxed Sentries when he was broken.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Phantron wrote:
    The preview article shows yellow creates 4 tiles at level 5 and green, at a level higher than what we currently know, will drain a random color of YOUR AP to 0, dealing damage per AP drained.

I think thats the leaked in-development version, not the final icon_e_smile.gif
    purple was also unlimited.
    (there are no such strings found currently)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    The preview article shows yellow creates 4 tiles at level 5 and green, at a level higher than what we currently know, will drain a random color of YOUR AP to 0, dealing damage per AP drained.

My guess is that the final released version in game had them change it to just flat damage. It doesn't make sense to add that drawback as you level it up.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Really?

Of all of the possible additions, I don't know what to say to this.

As many others, I was thinking the same when I saw the new character. Personally I don't like the "funny" characters but I like to collect all the characters on the game... so I'll try to get her -_-'
  • turul
    scottee wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

My guess is that the final released version in game had them change it to just flat damage. It doesn't make sense to add that drawback as you level it up.

But variable damage could have been higher damaging in situations. But probably current power is better.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Man if Purple could do damage based on CD tiles she could be the ultimate Sentry counter...........wait.........wait.........oh yea Sentry is usless now.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    scottee wrote:
    I don't see what the big deal is. We already have Bagman and Devil Dino. It shows the devs have a sense of humor, which is an important part of the Marvel universe. It might be because we're playing a competitive game, but I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned with only power, and who beats who.

Speaking for myself my concern is comic book geekdom on who beats who and not specific to mpq
  • turul wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

But variable damage could have been higher damaging in situations. But probably current power is better.

Unless you're running something like Daken + Falcon + Squirrel Girl, that ability have to kill the opposing team instantly to be worth the risk of randomly losing half of all your AP (you get 3 CDs), and of course if it did that, that'd be rather broken in itself too.
  • turul
    Phantron wrote:
    turul wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Unless you're running something like Daken + Falcon + Squirrel Girl, that ability have to kill the opposing team instantly to be worth the risk of randomly losing half of all your AP (you get 3 CDs), and of course if it did that, that'd be rather broken in itself too.

But unloading may finish the match...
  • Phantron wrote:
    turul wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I dunno, supposing it was like 300 dmg per AP at max level, for non-4* team it would be worth it
  • Square wrote:
    If you need to skip this PVE, by all means, but I have a sneaking suspicion that pretty much all the people complaining in this thread and saying they won't waste the HP on her... will be playing this PVE hard. I got top ten in the PVE for Human Torch, but I'm currently at 56 in this (publicly loathed) Heroic with equal play. Maybe lots of people actually just love heroics. Or maybe players are compulsive regardless how much they say they hate some character.

or maybe you love Squirrel Girl so much that you had to form that wacky theory that since you have a different rank in your particular bracket of 1000 people as compared to an entirely different pve event full of entirely different people, in the circumstances of a new character vs one that has been around for a long time, out of a player base of near 1 million, 98% of which never even touch this forum, we must just be lying to you because we couldn't possibly have differing opinions and just not like Squirrel Girl or wasting valuable HP to buy slots for characters that have no practical use whatsoever?

No one's stopping you from liking her. Doesn't mean we all have to.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker

or maybe you love Squirrel Girl so much that you had to form that wacky theory that since you have a different rank in your particular bracket of 1000 people as compared to an entirely different pve event full of entirely different people, in the circumstances of a new character vs one that has been around for a long time, out of a player base of near 1 million, 98% of which never even touch this forum, we must just be lying to you because we couldn't possibly have differing opinions and just not like Squirrel Girl or wasting valuable HP to buy slots for characters that have no practical use whatsoever?

No one's stopping you from liking her. Doesn't mean we all have to.
    No, I don't love her. I've only ever read five comics with her in them. I do think she's good for the game though. I just find the rage here amusing.

Sorry, you guys should be free to vent. I'll leave you to it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    The in match expression is priceless.
  • turul
    Female version of crotchkick, Cameltoe from above?
    http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/ ... 5585b6.jpg
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    She has a new book and they are promoting it so I get that, but the artwork is so aweful it is worth not owning her just so you don't have to look at it. Unfortunately they made the art match the book also which looks like it was drawn by (or for I'm not sure) a 4 year old. icon_eek.gif

The most annoying part is that they are going to have event after event featuring her now so if you don't get her you'll get left out.

Maybe they could make events/PvE missions that require a special team member give you 2 or 3 choices instead. I'd rather quit and play candy crush than look at that face.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Her purple and green abilities seem designed for Bag-man synergy. Lock enemy tiles with Web-slinger then get powered-up Nuts without the downsides. Place her green CD tiles and then improve them with Snarky Remark. (I really hope her green gains AP on the destroyed tiles -- if it does then it's an excellent ability.)
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    I really like this bit of info.

Squirrel Girl's first appearance was almost assured to be her last, given the silliness of the character's concept, especially in the grittier and more grown up comic market trend of the early 1990s. She existed primarily as a matter of trivia, or an example of an extremely bad character, for the next decade. Her only known appearance during this time was as the pattern on a pair of underwear worn by the comedic character Deadpool in issue 7 of his series.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Ew. They picked the wrong Squirrel.
    Picking the worst version that hasn't even run for 6 issues.... Demi confirmed for knowing jack all about comics...
    3203019-squirrel_girl_full_artwork.png
    Same character, different art style.
    joke.gif

lemme fix that for you.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Ew. They picked the wrong Squirrel.
    Picking the worst version that hasn't even run for 6 issues.... Demi confirmed for knowing jack all about comics...
    *Cool_Squirrel_Girl_from_a_better_game.jpg*
    Same character,different art-style as well as different costume.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting stuff! Because of the Puzzle Quest appearance, CBR has an interview with the artist. She drew the comic, but she was the one who proposed it to D3, and she did the art in game as well!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=58512
    Now, when it came to drawing Squirrel Girl in "Marvel Puzzle Quest," did you automatically get the gig because you're drawing the comic?

No. What happened is that I used to work at Harmonix, the people who made the "Rock Band" games, and so did Casey Malone, who's one of the designers on "Marvel Puzzle Quest." When I ran into him one day, I said, "Hey… you're doing 'Marvel Puzzle Quest,' what about adding Squirrel Girl in January?" So he suggested it, everyone liked the idea, and then they asked me if I wanted to do the art.

Did you really ask them about adding her "in January"?

I did. [Laughs] Though I actually didn't suggest it so I could do the art, I was just hoping they'd put the character in the game.

Strangely, I've never seen anything about Puzzle Quest on a comics website, but Squirrel Girl comes in, and it gets coverage... Again, good move by D3 putting her in. It attracts a new crowd.
  • Her purple and green abilities seem designed for Bag-man synergy. Lock enemy tiles with Web-slinger then get powered-up Nuts without the downsides. Place her green CD tiles and then improve them with Snarky Remark. (I really hope her green gains AP on the destroyed tiles -- if it does then it's an excellent ability.)

"Synergy with Bag-man" isn't the way to build excitement for a new character.