Realism

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    Did you guys really just include gambit and squirrel girl? icon_lol.gif

If you are going to include gambit you might as well include mystique and black widow since all three of them are usually spies and very deceptive.

Well the running joke with squirrel girl is that she defeats all the big names of the universe off panel.

Gambit was at his most powerful as horseman death, but I still preferred archangel in the role. Wolvie sucked at it
  • Gambit isn't Omega because of his spy features. Some writer once wrote him the power or it was mentioned somewhere that Gambit can charge anything with his kinetic power, including blowing up the Earth. But it's not settled, some say he's just an Alpha.

And yeah you're right, not all the psychics, but most of the Summers/Grey line of psychics like Jean, Hope, Vulcan.

Didn't someone once say Cyclops was Omega level? Who knows. I know Quentin Quire is Omega level.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    All the psychic mutants should be super powerful. They're regularly regarded as Omega level. Also Gambit lol.

Jean grey/Phoenix was and xavier was. I don't think psylocke, the cuckoos Rachel grey or Emma frost are.

Bobby drake is though. And you can see why with the age of apocalypse version who can actually use his powers.

Emma is stronger than xavier. Psylocke also recently got classified as Omega so she's stronger too.
  • jozier wrote:
    Gambit isn't Omega because of his spy features. Some writer once wrote him the power or it was mentioned somewhere that Gambit can charge anything with his kinetic power, including blowing up the Earth. But it's not settled, some say he's just an Alpha.

And yeah you're right, not all the psychics, but most of the Summers/Grey line of psychics like Jean, Hope, Vulcan.

Didn't someone once say Cyclops was Omega level? Who knows. I know Quentin Quire is Omega level.

Cyclops is not omega, but he's pretty underrated.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Gambit isn't Omega because of his spy features. Some writer once wrote him the power or it was mentioned somewhere that Gambit can charge anything with his kinetic power, including blowing up the Earth. But it's not settled, some say he's just an Alpha.

One of the biggest part of being omega is being "untouchable" or having litte weakness and Cyclops main weakness is his visors, if someone knocks his visors off accidental the whole building will be destroyed if he cant control it ( closing eyes ) in time. He can really hurt bystanders.
  • Unity wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:

One of the biggest part of being omega is being "untouchable" or having litte weakness and Cyclops main weakness is his visors, if someone knocks his visors off accidental the whole building will be destroyed if he cant control it ( closing eyes ) in time. He can really hurt bystanders.

No, the definition of omega is limitless power. Cyclops has limits hence he is not classified omega.
  • I didnt say that was the definition of an omega level mutant. I said it's part of being an omega level mutant. Like Storm she is claustrophobic or like rogue how she cant touch people. They all have a downfall that makes them less powerful.
  • Unity wrote:
    I didnt say that was the definition of an omega level mutant. I said it's part of being an omega level mutant. Like Storm she is claustrophobic or like rogue how she cant touch people. They all have a downfall that makes them less powerful.

Storm is an omega...
  • Most of the psychics have these "psychological" weaknesses you're talking about. Legion, Quentin Quire, Vulcan. All of them have psychological defects but that doesn't stop them from being Omega level.

Heck, Franklin Richards is a child, that doesn't stop him.

Was Scarlet Witch technically Omega for awhile there?
  • jozier wrote:
    Most of the psychics have these "psychological" weaknesses you're talking about. Legion, Quentin Quire, Vulcan. All of them have psychological defects but that doesn't stop them from being Omega level.

Yea, but i don't think she is anymore. Only Bendis used her as an omega plot device.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Most of the psychics have these "psychological" weaknesses you're talking about. Legion, Quentin Quire, Vulcan. All of them have psychological defects but that doesn't stop them from being Omega level.

Yea, but i don't think she is anymore. Only Bendis used her as an omega plot device.

Yeah weren't her powers originally "probability" altering as opposed to reality warping? Sorta like Longshot?
  • jozier wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Yeah weren't her powers originally "probability" altering as opposed to reality warping? Sorta like Longshot?

All she did in combat before bendis was make fire hydrants explode lmao
  • Well since you say storm " is " an omega level mutant, would you make her a 4* character in marvel puzzle quest?

(Really only 8, than comes gods and cosmics)
    Omega Level Mutants:
    Mad Jim Jaspers
    Jean Grey\Phoenix
    Iceman
    Vulcan
    Franklin Richards
    X-Man
    Elixir
    Kid Omega
    Darwin
    Mister M
    Mr.Immortal
    Jaime Braddock

Potential:
    Dazzler
    Storm
    Magneto
    Marvel Girl
    Scarlet Witch
    Mysterious Fanboy
    Exodus
    Synch
    Gaia
    Decibel (before depowered)
    Goblin Queen
    Cable
    Shadow King
  • You forgot about Hope Summers.
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    Is Franklin Richards a mutant? His parents powers were cosmic based, not X gene...

Isn't marvel girl jean grey?

I thin Polaris has magneto potential.
    We're also missing xavier and Cassandra nova
    Mr sinister
    Ilyana Rasputin
    I don't know where rogue rates. Not high natively but with acquisition?
    Quentin quire?
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    Unity wrote:

Cyclops mastered his power during Whedon's run on Astonishing X Men. Since hosting the Phoenix force his powers have gone up a level but have become unstable again...
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Is Franklin Richards a mutant? His parents powers were cosmic based, not X gene...

Isn't marvel girl jean grey?

I thin Polaris has magneto potential.
    We're also missing xavier and Cassandra nova
    Mr sinister
    Ilyana Rasputin
    I don't know where rogue rates. Not high natively but with acquisition?
    Quentin quire?

Franklin is a mutant, yes. You don't have to have mutant parents to be a mutant. His parents make him room with the mutant Leech to suppress his powers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pedantic thread is pedantic.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Pedantic thread is pedantic.
    Tautological post is tautological.
  • I realize this varies from writer to writer, but can someone rank the effectiveness of healing factors between: Daken, Wolverine, X-23, Hulk, Skaar, and Deadpool?