Realism

Options
I can't be the only one who would like characters in the game to be of similar power levels to what they are in the comics, obviously I realise it's a game and every character needs to be able to beat the others but, for example having ragnarok being so much more powerful than thor was ****, the star system is just for money making and I think they should make each character more powerful based on the comics, so obviously thor would be number 1 and black widow would be last, also juggs would be pretty high, let me know your thoughts and how you would rank the characters

Comments

• Realism heh, that is difficult. Taking Comic levels then:

4 Stars:

Thor
    Hulk
    Classical Magneto
    Juggernaut

3 Stars:
    Loki (perhaps 4)
    Dr. Doom (since this is pure combat he is not 4 stars, if we go overall then he is)
    Ragnarok
    Moonstone (I suppose arguement can be made for 2*)
    Invisible Woman (also can make arguement for 2*)
    Ares (between 2 and 3 also)

2 Stars:
    Ironman (more 2 than 3 imo)
    Storm (also more 2 than 3 imo)
    Wolverine
    Venom
    Spiderman
    Hood (complicated)
    Daken

1 Stars:
    Hawkeye
    Bullseye
    Black Widow
    Yelena
    Punisher
    Captain America (can make good case for 2 stars)
  • If they did the stars by how good/powerful they were in the comics we'd have a much harder time vetting the more popular characters.
    Ok lets have a look then...

Hulk
    Magneto
    Thor
    Doom

Loki
    Storm
    Juggernaut
    Ragnarok
    Ares
    Iron man
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Invisible Woman
    Punisher
    Spider-Man
    Moonstone
    Hood

Daken
    Yelena
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Bullseye
    Venom
  • Ya'll realize in comic.canon Invisible Woman is rated one of the most powerful beings, yes?
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Atren wrote:
    Realism heh, that is difficult. Taking Comic levels then:

4 Stars:

Thor
    Hulk
    Classical Magneto
    Juggernaut

3 Stars:
    Loki (perhaps 4)
    Dr. Doom (since this is pure combat he is not 4 stars, if we go overall then he is)
    Ragnarok
    Moonstone (I suppose arguement can be made for 2*)
    Invisible Woman (also can make arguement for 2*)
    Ares (between 2 and 3 also)

2 Stars:
    Ironman (more 2 than 3 imo)
    Storm (also more 2 than 3 imo)
    Wolverine
    Venom
    Spiderman
    Hood (complicated)
    Daken

1 Stars:
    Hawkeye
    Bullseye
    Black Widow
    Yelena
    Punisher
    Captain America (can make good case for 2 stars)

I agree with this Ranking! Few exceptions but depends on how the writer is feeling that day! Yeah invisible woman maybe higher but honestly most of them fluctuate in power the top being pretty solid.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Ya'll realize in comic.canon Invisible Woman is rated one of the most powerful beings, yes?
    But bulging muscles.
  • I can't be the only one who would like characters in the game to be of similar power levels to what they are in the comics, obviously I realise it's a game and every character needs to be able to beat the others but, for example having ragnarok being so much more powerful than thor was ****, the star system is just for money making and I think they should make each character more powerful based on the comics, so obviously thor would be number 1 and black widow would be last, also juggs would be pretty high, let me know your thoughts and how you would rank the characters
    I look forward to them adding the Sentry, so I can just tear all your team members in half and throw them into the sun. Seriously though, how much prep time are we talking for any of these fights? Can IM go home and grab some hulkbuster armor? Is Hawkeye as prepared as when he broke into avengers tower to kill osborn? Has doom had time to read the appropriate grimoires and/or substitute a doombot?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are we determining power? Is it just damage output or is durability a consideration?

He does invisible woman's ability to start a force field inside your skull and expand it rate to anyone else's city destroying powers?

Storms lightning powers are equal to Thor's but she can also control wind and ice. But he has a hammer and durability of. God.

Loki is a 1 star in combat. He's all about the schemes. He doesn't even throw magic around.

Ragnarok is nothing special. He had his head caved in by Cap in Civil war, got EMP'd by someone else and then melted by thor. His biggest achievement was killing an individual with giant man powers. And looking like Thor.

Doom is alo a schemer, and his big threat is always his machine of the month. Latveria is a fortress but outside of that he seems to die a lot and happen to be a doombot to cover for it.

Juggernaut Is a strange one. Very durable, difficult to stop, but unlike Hulk, I don't think anyone has tried that hard to kill him, and he is definitely kill able. Non lethal force struggles to stop him. Additionally he lacks the ability to project energy, so where hulk can create effects by clapping his hands or thumping the ground, juggernaut needs you in pounding range.
  • If they add a Sentry card they can have all of my money
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    How are we determining power? Is it just damage output or is durability a consideration?

He does invisible woman's ability to start a force field inside your skull and expand it rate to anyone else's city destroying powers?

Storms lightning powers are equal to Thor's but she can also control wind and ice. But he has a hammer and durability of. God.

Loki is a 1 star in combat. He's all about the schemes. He doesn't even throw magic around.

Ragnarok is nothing special. He had his head caved in by Cap in Civil war, got EMP'd by someone else and then melted by thor. His biggest achievement was killing an individual with giant man powers. And looking like Thor.

Doom is alo a schemer, and his big threat is always his machine of the month. Latveria is a fortress but outside of that he seems to die a lot and happen to be a doombot to cover for it.

Juggernaut Is a strange one. Very durable, difficult to stop, but unlike Hulk, I don't think anyone has tried that hard to kill him, and he is definitely kill able. Non lethal force struggles to stop him. Additionally he lacks the ability to project energy, so where hulk can create effects by clapping his hands or thumping the ground, juggernaut needs you in pounding range.

Doom has top tier magic and technology. His tech is on par with iron man's and his magic is on par with dr. strange's. And he has infinite durability since if he loses its always a doombot. One on one I like him over just about anybody.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Doom has top tier magic and technology. His tech is on par with iron man's and his magic is on par with dr. strange's. And he has infinite durability since if he loses its always a doombot. One on one I like him over just about anybody.

He does but he never brings them to the battlefield. His armour has a couple of repulsor type rays and that's about it. Back in his lab he has time machines and stuff that Stark can only dream of, but he never brings it on the field of battle.

Same goes for his magic, does all kinds of unholy stuff in the dungeon, doesn't even cloud people's perception on the field of battle.

Though he did manage to survive in hell until he hitched a ride out on mjolnir. So I do give him props for that.

He's tougher than Loki, but both of them prefer to flee the field when their strategy fails, and their strategy never includes them dominating the battlefield, unlike say Magneto.

The problem here may be that Doom can kick butt when cornered, but given the choice will always send a doombot in his stead. So do we rate his power on what it takes to defeat him where it is normally a bot, or what it takes to kill him?
  • Dr. Doom would be 5 star due to the fact that he's the most powerful in the Marvel universe and his greatest enemy is himself.
  • Emotive wrote:
    Dr. Doom would be 5 star due to the fact that he's the most powerful in the Marvel universe and his greatest enemy is himself.

I don't know much about some characters powers, but I am certain that he isn't even in the top 10 most powerful in the Marvel universe.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Emotive wrote:
    Dr. Doom would be 5 star due to the fact that he's the most powerful in the Marvel universe and his greatest enemy is himself.

I don't know much about some characters powers, but I am certain that he isn't even in the top 10 most powerful in the Marvel universe.

His feats say otherwise. Hes taken out the beyonder and celestials.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Emotive wrote:

Ok, I just googled the most powerful characters in the marvel universe, and dr doom was no where in the lists. Each list had its own opinion with some being similar to others, even with characters I never knew existed, but I could't find dr doom anywhere in any of the lists. He may be strong, but definitely no where near to the top.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Emotive wrote:

Ok, I just googled the most powerful characters in the marvel universe, and dr doom was no where in the lists. Each list had its own opinion with some being similar to others, even with characters I never knew existed, but I could't find dr doom anywhere in any of the lists. He may be strong, but definitely no where near to the top.

He's the batman of the marvel universe. He's not the strongest but he can beat anybody.
  • this conversation is happening for some reason.

So I'll quote Crimson Tide in a seemingly slightly related way:

Hunter: Rivetti, what's up?

Rivetti: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

Hunter: What about?

Rivetti: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Hunter: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Rivetti: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was ****. And Bennefield's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. I pushed him. He pushed me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

Hunter: Rivetti, you're a supervisor. You can get a commission like that. (snaps)

Rivetti: I know, Sir. You're 100 percent right. It will never happen again.

Hunter: It better not happen again. If I see this kind of nonsense again, I'm going to write you up. You understand?

Rivetti: [No answer]

Hunter: Do you understand?

Rivetti: Yes, Sir.

Hunter: You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?

Rivetti: You're right, Sir.

Hunter: Now get out of here.

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: Yes, Sir.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Emotive wrote:

Majority of people discredit Dr. Doom, his abilities and knowledge allow him to do anything, as I've stated before the only thing that can defeat Doom, is himself.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kirby was all that is cosmic. Love his space stuff.
  • Ok so I'm not super big on comics but I watch some movies. When I see wolverine as a 2* I just think back to wolverine and jean at the end of the movie with his flesh all ripping off and what not and just can't imagine him not being at least a 3.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Strongest in Marvel universe :

Beyonder
    Jean Grey ( Phoniex )
    Galactus
    Franklin Richards
    Hulk
    Gladiator
    Apocalypse
    Silver Surfer
    Thor
    One above all
    Molecule man

Dr doom has no chance against any of them so he is not strong at all and im sure its alot of people who would out do him. He has no chane even against people like magneto amd moonstone.