Realism

Options

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    He's the batman of the marvel universe. He's not the strongest but he can beat anybody.

Nope, definitely cannot. Way too many people have beat him already.
  • Unity wrote:
    Strongest in Marvel universe :

Beyonder
    Jean Grey ( Phoniex )
    Galactus
    Franklin Richards
    Hulk
    Gladiator
    Apocalypse
    Silver Surfer
    Thor

Dr doom has no chance against any of them so he is not strong at all and im sure its alot of people who would out do him. He gas no chane even against people like magneto amd moonstone.

This furthers the argument I made in the previous post also.
  • Ok so I'm not super big on comics but I watch some movies. When I see wolverine as a 2* I just think back to wolverine and jean at the end of the movie with his flesh all ripping off and what not and just can't imagine him not being at least a 3.

That was the movies. In the comics phoniex would have vanished him in a heart beat. Even Scarlet Witch can beat him by saying " no more wolverine " .
  • Unity wrote:
    Ok so I'm not super big on comics but I watch some movies. When I see wolverine as a 2* I just think back to wolverine and jean at the end of the movie with his flesh all ripping off and what not and just can't imagine him not being at least a 3.

That was the movies. In the comics phoniex would have vanished him in a heart beat. Even Scarlet Witch can beat him by saying " no more wolverine " .

Then scarlet witch is a big mean face icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ok so I'm not super big on comics but I watch some movies. When I see wolverine as a 2* I just think back to wolverine and jean at the end of the movie with his flesh all ripping off and what not and just can't imagine him not being at least a 3.

Wolv is a 1* in comics. Street level, thats it.
  • Power levels in comics are transient things.

Everyone is exactly as powerful as they need to be to serve the needs of the current author. It's a bit sad but it's true.
  • Dr. Doom would probably be 2*s, maybe 2.5*s, but that's a longshot.
  • Doctor Doom can defeat ANYONE with preperation.
  • Emotive wrote:
    Doctor Doom can defeat ANYONE with preperation.

Can he also defeat other characters who can defeat anyone with prep time?
  • Unity wrote:
    Strongest in Marvel universe :

Beyonder
    Jean Grey ( Phoniex )
    Galactus
    Franklin Richards
    Hulk
    Gladiator
    Apocalypse
    Silver Surfer
    Thor
    One above all
    Molecule man

Dr doom has no chance against any of them so he is not strong at all and im sure its alot of people who would out do him. He has no chane even against people like magneto amd moonstone.

Lmao apocalypse get out of here.

Molecule man got nerfed too as did beyonder.

Thor isnt as strong as the others.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Emotive wrote:
    Doctor Doom can defeat ANYONE with preperation.

Can he also defeat other characters who can defeat anyone with prep time?

Ultimate battle: Batman Vs. Doom, both with preparation.

And actually Doom is the only one that defeats Doom. His hubris is the main reason why most if not all of his plans fail. If he was more humble, anywhere outside of Latervia would be ashes. I'm also surprised that Sentry and Squirrel Girl isn't on the most powerful list.
  • Who is better than who is always a fun but opinionated discussion but Doom is the exception to the rule.

Doom is quite known for being the best of the best in the Marvel universe, no matter who writes for him. The only person who can defeat Doom is himself.

It seems most of you, this is your first time hearing about Doom.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Scarlet Witch and Wiccan would have to rank up there in the most powerful. Reality benders are dangerous creatures.

I would put Doom pretty high on my list. He's a master at science AND sorcery, and a tactical genius as well. Then there's the one time he got control of Scarlet Witch's "Cosmic Life Force" powers...

Wolverine is low-tier, but basically invincible. I'd kill for a James Howlett (X-treme X-men) variant, though
  • List of Dr. Doom feats:

Survived encounter with 3 mad celestials (who later killed galactus).
    Stole beyonder's powers, defeated galactus during secret wars.
    Was responsible for scarlet witch's meltdown; everything she did during House of M and Avengers Disassembled (warping reality) belonged to him.
    Evenly fought match against silver surfer.
    Killed molecule man.
    Defeated adam magus.
    Survives direct blast from infinity gauntlet.

Yea...2* indeed
  • Katai wrote:
    Scarlet Witch and Wiccan would have to rank up there in the most powerful. Reality benders are dangerous creatures.

I would put Doom pretty high on my list. He's a master at science AND sorcery, and a tactical genius as well.

Wolverine is low-tier, but basically invincible. I'd kill for a James Howlett (X-treme X-men) variant, though

Wolv's healing powers have been taken away so many times now by a ton of different things. Plus, you can drown him (that's how he killed Daken)

Also, scarlet witch's insane power levels were attributed to dr. doom. She's no longer at that level. Wiccan is stupidly strong though, but he can't control it.
  • Emotive wrote:
    Who is better than who is always a fun but opinionated discussion but Doom is the exception to the rule.

Doom is quite known for being the best of the best in the Marvel universe, no matter who writes for him. The only person who can defeat Doom is himself.

Arguing with doom noobs is frustrating sometimes
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2014
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Katai wrote:

I would put Doom pretty high on my list. He's a master at science AND sorcery, and a tactical genius as well.

Wolv's healing powers have been taken away so many times now by a ton of different things. Plus, you can drown him (that's how he killed Daken)

Also, scarlet witch's insane power levels were attributed to dr. doom. She's no longer at that level. Wiccan is stupidly strong though, but he can't control it.

Avengers vs X-men still puts her power level on Phoenix Force levels, but comics are kind of dumb when it comes to that sort of thing. Power levels are highly relative, and a lot of it is conceptual. Like how Jubilee's powers a mini fusion reactions, and she could throw someone into seizures by popping a spark into someone's brain. Or how Dazzler is the best looking walking battery on Earth-616. Or how Iceman has a Ice Voltron mech.
  • Katai wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Katai wrote:

Avengers vs X-men still puts her power level on Phoenix Force levels, but comics are kind of dumb when it comes to that sort of thing. Power levels are highly relative, and a lot of it is conceptual. Like how Jubilee's powers a mini fusion reactions, and she could throw someone into seizures by popping a spark into someone's brain.

She wasn't on phoenix power level in AvX, she could just hurt the phoenix. Big difference.

Plus she has no durability. Got killed by a stab in uncanny avengers lol
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Emotive wrote:
    Who is better than who is always a fun but opinionated discussion but Doom is the exception to the rule.

I was reading some of dooms stories, and back to the other post about how the writer determines how strong a character is, he is right. When doom is defeated, it was actually a "doom bot," but when he actually wins, it is actually dr doom. In this case, pretty much any character in the marvel universe could be the strongest if the writer wanted them too.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Emotive wrote:

I was reading some of dooms stories, and back to the other post about how the writer determines how strong a character is, he is right. When doom is defeated, it was actually a "doom bot," but when he actually wins, it is actually dr doom. In this case, pretty much any character in the marvel universe could be the strongest if the writer wanted them too.

But they don't, because it wouldn't make any sense.

But with doom, anything is possible.