Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Options

Comments

• wanghiking
    wanghiking Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    me too the blackhole sucks my token away though it shows as completed……
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Anyone else getting the node "black hole" bugged? When I completed it, it automatically restarted. Only way out of it was to die or retreat.

Urgh. Looks like you're not the only one...
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bug in the last non essential node of sub 3 X Mansion: won the battles and then it restarted. Resulted in me losing my team and resulting 3 health packs. Not sure if i the points were credited to me.

My alliance mate got that as well. Anyone else?

Edit: Looks like i'm not the only one
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Bug in the last non essential node of sub 3 X Mansion: won the battles and then it restarted. Resulted in me losing my team and resulting 3 health packs. Not sure if i the points were credited to me.

My alliance mate got that as well. Anyone else?

Edit: Looks like i'm not the only one
    same happened here. completed the node, VICTORY popped up, board rolled over, AP reset to 0, new enemies

I guess the "Black Hole" is unescapable
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Long story short: "your reward is in another node" .
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, me too. Currently at my 3rd playthrough (completed it twice in one run) now I'm stuck at the point shall I retreat or get KO'd as my team is fairly low on health & don't particularly want to lose my rewards (guess it's inevitable).
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Anyone else getting the node "black hole" bugged? When I completed it, it automatically restarted. Only way out of it was to die or retreat.

Urgh. Looks like you're not the only one...

Very odd... I made this comment when it restarted on completion, and made it to the third wave before I died, but then it gave points and unloaded all the node rewards. I'm not actually sure I got the right number of everything since I wasn't paying attention to what I actually had before I started, but I definitely got some points out of it... moved from 30+ to 7th in sub after.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same issue here. I beat it. By this time, I'd had so many protect tiles from Falcon and LCap's blue, that Adamantium Slash only did 12xx damage instead of 40xx damage. I won, I saw the screen flash, I touched it, and then transported to wave 1. I thought I had hit replay or something to cause it play the node again, but that doesn't make sense, because I didn't go thru the character select screen or the team up screen. I retreated. Then healed LCap and IM40, so waste of 2 healthpacks, and no event token.

No idea if I got the points, I don't really pay attention. Because of this, I am settling for Top 10 in this event. I was 1 yesterday, then didn't play for a while, didn't do 2x or 3x, so I was still Top 10. After playing at the end of the sub, I was 5th. Would still be able to get Top 2, if I wanted to, but I don't. I was already at the brink of playing casually in PVE, meaning not going for Top 1-2 spot, and only Top 5-10, but now this is starting to wear on me.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    donietsche wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:

It happened to me as well.

The node restarted after the last wave, and when I finally died I didn't get any reward. The same goes for points...

The problem is that right now my node shows as completed, although I didn't get my token.
    Yup. Got this bug as well. Not going to bother to go through a third round as I'm too sleepy.

@IceIX and @Will, please take note of this bug. And give us our points! and Health packs! and Elektra covers!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure whether my points had been tripled or just remain as singular, completed it 3x before being KO'd. Received progression rewards, then a delay (after I spent the iso's I just claimed on a character) then the EoS token appeared.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Same on the bugged node here. Played straight through twice, and it restarted again.

"... oh heck no..."

Retreat for toon dmg, 5+ hr timer on node. No rewards. Played Mostorm essential node, after which all the rewards for the bugged node came in. Thankfully retreat damage wasn't significant enough to effect the 2 essential node clears
  • donietsche
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I tried a second pass, completed all the waves then I retreated once it restarted.

No rewards as expected, but it seems, as some of you said, that points (at least some of them) are credited.

The node before the second pass was worth around 2000 points, now it's around 1600.
  • donietsche
    Options

Retreat for toon dmg, 5+ hr timer on node. No rewards. Played Mostorm essential node, after which all the rewards for the bugged node came in. Thankfully retreat damage wasn't significant enough to effect the 2 essential node clears

i'll try that, thanks for the advice.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Not sure whether my points had been tripled or just remain as singular, completed it 3x before being KO'd. Received progression rewards, then a delay (after I spent the iso's I just claimed on a character) then the EoS token appeared.

I believe I recieved the correct rewards, as it took a considerabletime to click through them.

Relatedly, it took 1:15 to do a full pass with having to do the black hole twice. A bug like this really emphasized the feeling of burnout already creating in. These survival nodes take forever.

I'll be saving that one for last now so I can retreat with less consequence on the next clear
  • donietsche
    Options
    Yup It worked. Got all the rewards from "black Hole" after completing storm essential node. Thanks!
  • Anybody having strange issues with their point totals?

My event total was 47815, I did a node worth 1979 and my event total on the leaderboard was 48264 afterwards...It should have been nearly 50k
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So this would be giving d3 a ton of credit but is the black hole node really an excellent troll node and an actual survival mode? It's called black hole and you are stuck in it until you lose, lol.

Again, d3 doesn't seem clever enough to do this and not likely since it goes beyond the three hour node refresh each time you reset.
  • donietsche
    Options
    At this point, I'm inclined to believe it's not a bug, it's a feature (cit.). Trolling as intended, the name said it all....
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:

I am having the same problem. Thought it might be an in-game trick, but when it happened for the 3rd time (beat two back to back somehow), I figured it was a bug and retreated. It looks like I got the points for the fights, but I didn't get the reward (gold token) even though it shows it as having been awarded (check mark).
  • HAHAHAH ELEKTRA SURVIVAL NODE WORTH 4k+ POINTS MERRY KRUTACKTINYKITTY TO EVERYONE HAHAHAH