Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Options

Comments

• If you completed one full set with the 'victory' appearing, go into a Prologue and play a node. After completion you will get the reward for the node (I just did this and received my ISO and token).
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I'm jealous of people with useful blade characters. 3/1/0 boy is no where near ready to cut his teeth for me in any event.

I'm just going to grind the diminutive felines out of this event to finish patch. I'm even considering buying my first yellow cover after the event for a 5 yellow build. Just not sure which yet. Maybe 5/3/5 to place with tinydaken and loki in simulator for climbing and certain pve nodes. That build seems like it'd be a pain anytime DD or loki isn't around tho. The frequency of using tbti before match end has been pretty low tho.
    don't knock it till you try it. bring someone to cover him and 3 black is more than enough to full AP drain the AI

^ This. If you can find someone to tank for him, 3 black's fine. My Blade is 3/3/3, and I've been using his black far more than his purple (which is just a nice bonus, really). Getting the constant AP drain is the main benefit, in this situation.

Though it may well depend on what level your enemies are... not sure what level he gets to with 4 covers. Caltrops could be an issue?
  • If the goons have the highest match, you end up stealing a random color from what all the colors the goon can use, so if you have enough Nightstalkers on the board there's virtually no way any goon can have any AP to do anything since they tend to have same colors. I had fights with 5 Nightstalkers up and it was pretty glorious.
  • For the regular nodes I use Captain America + some guy who can use green + Loki or The Hood or whoever. If they have Kishus you want Hulk for your green user because Caltrops plays rather nicely with Anger. If they've Kishus and Shinobis you can use Loki because they only give +1 red, but otherwise you'd want either The Hood for the +2 reds or someone else entirely. For the survival nodes I use Captain + Hulk + Loki if I know Wolverine is going to show up relatively early because you can let him make match 4s and power your APs, but if Wolverine comes in late he'd be high level (for being in a later wave) and generally has Adamantium Slash ready the moment he jumps in if you don't have AP steal. It's hard to go wrong with The Hood though I think Blade can work too with Nightstalker. Daken/Blade/Falcon works well in general, but if you don't remember when/if Wolverine shows up there can be some nasty surprises. There really should be a way to preview who is coming because Daken/Blade/Falcon is usually quite capable of kililng Wolverine in one round provided you knew/remembered when he shows up, as all you'd do is either save a match 5 before you KO the last guy, or do a Nightstalker or Chemical Reaction or a TU and then burst down Wolverine the moment he jumps in, but a lot of time I simply don't know/forgot.

The Kishus are by far the most annoying enemy of the bunch. They're not overpowering like a Muscle but they sure put out a lot of damage in a hurry. Stunning the Teisatsus before killing them will prevent them from using Turn to Smoke, which is quite important for the survival nodes where the attack tiles can really pile up.
  • Turn to smoke not triggering if they're stunned is a huge tip, so thanks for that.

Any idea if you kill them via wind storm when they're in front if it triggers or not, on a related note?
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The enemy who would normally be stunned by wind storm will not turn to smoke
  • slycookies wrote:
    If you completed one full set with the 'victory' appearing, go into a Prologue and play a node. After completion you will get the reward for the node (I just did this and received my ISO and token).

This worked for me; thanks for the advice.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Anyone else getting the node "black hole" bugged? When I completed it, it automatically restarted. Only way out of it was to die or retreat.
    Same here. This was immensely frustrating because I WAS [past tense] in competition for one of the Elektra covers, but this screwed it all up. Really hoping D3P will expand the offer of each reward... Not sure if I should just give up now or what...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been using Thor-Panther-Deadpool for the most part. Rainbow with 3 AoE attacks makes things quick.

I've been waiting an eternity and a day for more Panther Black, but the 5/5/3 build I'm sitting on is actually kinda awesome for these drawn out matches. He spams defense tiles and basically shuts out damage by the end of the first wave. Wolverine's an after thought when I can ALOTT into an AoE as soon as he joins.

Weakened by the Elektra essential I'll switch over to Cap and an AP stealer, with Storm I'll go with Cap and Deadpool or OBW.

I really like these nodes. Sure they take a little longer, but having drawn out matches changes the feel of a bunch of characters, and that's kind of nice.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sub 4: 24 hours
    Nodes: 10
    Survival: No
    Essential: Elektra/Elektra/Daredevil
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also was coming to report the infinite loop black hole node "bug", but I just thought of this - is it meant to be exactly that, until you die? It is a black hole, after all. I went through it three times before dying and the refresh clock looks like a nose that's been played three times, and I appear to have gotten all the rewards...

Btw, I'm enjoying all the wu-tang references
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    For the regular nodes I use Captain America + some guy who can use green + Loki or The Hood or whoever. If they have Kishus you want Hulk for your green user because Caltrops plays rather nicely with Anger. If they've Kishus and Shinobis you can use Loki because they only give +1 red, but otherwise you'd want either The Hood for the +2 reds or someone else entirely. For the survival nodes I use Captain + Hulk + Loki if I know Wolverine is going to show up relatively early because you can let him make match 4s and power your APs, but if Wolverine comes in late he'd be high level (for being in a later wave) and generally has Adamantium Slash ready the moment he jumps in if you don't have AP steal. It's hard to go wrong with The Hood though I think Blade can work too with Nightstalker. Daken/Blade/Falcon works well in general, but if you don't remember when/if Wolverine shows up there can be some nasty surprises. There really should be a way to preview who is coming because Daken/Blade/Falcon is usually quite capable of kililng Wolverine in one round provided you knew/remembered when he shows up, as all you'd do is either save a match 5 before you KO the last guy, or do a Nightstalker or Chemical Reaction or a TU and then burst down Wolverine the moment he jumps in, but a lot of time I simply don't know/forgot.

The Kishus are by far the most annoying enemy of the bunch. They're not overpowering like a Muscle but they sure put out a lot of damage in a hurry. Stunning the Teisatsus before killing them will prevent them from using Turn to Smoke, which is quite important for the survival nodes where the attack tiles can really pile up.

Yeah, I was actually coming here to post the tip on stunning Teisatsus goons before killing them. Its made it so that Falcon can concentrate on the odd cooldown tile instead of trying to clean up a mess of small attack tiles. Even if all the shields on the tiles make the attack tile damage of little consequence in later rounds, it still slows down the game even more. I went from 15 min clears on survival nodes with 153 Lcap/153 falcon/66 IM40 (1y), to about 8 min. Its a considerable improvement. Also, because Redwing is concentrating on picking cooldowns, it makes keeping them clean with red frisbees trivial 90% of the time. That leaves blue to be placed in nice neat formations at the bottom. At the end of my survival node matches with that team, the board ends up looking kinda cool.

bluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png

The only thing that happens once in a while is that a blue will drop into just the wrong place and knock out a whole row... but at that point it usually hardly matters. In nodes where I don't take falcon, Lcap/IM40/essential, it ends up even more organized. In the above all the blue tiles will have a protect. In the below, the blue and yellows will both have them.

yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png

I think wolvie could pop out and adamantium slash that at my scaling and do 1dmg, and clearly that configuration doesn't work out so great if he ever gets to move the board. However, one red shield, one blue shield and 6 yellow ap have never let him live long enough to do so. Also, if for some reason it doesn't work out, one has that nice line of blue to take, creating a crit stalling the turn still, and at least twice its been enough to fill in the blue I needed to stun him when i was short (like the aforementioned times when a blue can drop in and ruin a line.) If the formation was perfect at the time, you'd have 2 crits you could take for 14 I think, but even as long as the matches have been, its never *quite* been perfectly finished like the layout... but darn close.

The team works so well, it makes me uneasy to try a different combination, like with an under leveled blade... But since I only have IM40 along for his 1 cover in yellow, blade would end up with the same function eventually, plus have at least the small damage component on casting black, unlike IM40 who just sits in the back row and does nothing but recharge when I have less than 22 red. I might give it a try, but I think caltrops might be a problem like you said. My blade has half the health of IM40 right now, and that'd make a huge difference on a board with a rough start. Also, right now with 3r/y AP boost, one yellow match helps that first shield come out pretty quick if the board is nice enough to have a yellow match to start. I'm worried I'll be missing that.

Loki's not so great right now, as his one green cover isn't spectacular. I know it gets great, but I think he'd be less effective than blade for me atm.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    I also was coming to report the infinite loop black hole node "bug", but I just thought of this - is it meant to be exactly that, until you die? It is a black hole, after all. I went through it three times before dying and the refresh clock looks like a nose that's been played three times, and I appear to have gotten all the rewards...

Btw, I'm enjoying all the wu-tang references

If you have a slice where you are still working on this node, its best to save it for dead last, beat it once, and retreat. Playing through again, even if feasible (which with several confirgurations it certainly is), isn't a good idea if you are trying for placement. As you mentioned, you are taking refreshes and points of your stack, which means less points in the long run... unless of course you WANT to run a double for a sleep cycle or something. Annoyingly, it doesn't seem to give you the boosts you chose for the first run, so doing that means not starting out with the extra comfort a few AP boosts can bring.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and say we're working on a fix for The Black Hole mission. So far it looks like players who completed it will get their reward sometime after the fix goes through. I will keep you updated.

I understand there's a black hole challenge thread, so maybe give that a shot while you can?
  • fmftint
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and say we're working on a fix for The Black Hole mission. So far it looks like players who completed it will get their reward sometime after the fix goes through. I will keep you updated.

I understand there's a black hole challenge thread, so maybe give that a shot while you can?
    More like, We are aware of the bug but the sub will be over shortly so we are just going to let it ride
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

More like, We are aware of the bug but the sub will be over shortly so we are just going to let it ride

For this event it barely matters. It still had the bug when I was doing final clears at the end of the sub... Lets just make sure it gets fixed anyway, cause I'd really like to not see it rear its ugly head in the reruns that will follow.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    The fix just went live. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awww, and I thought you were just springing some next level stuff on us with that infinite loop icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    Options
    The fix just went live. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!
    Ok, now what about all those health packs we consumed while FORCED to retreat or wipe?
  • 6k FOR ELEKTRA ESSENTIAL? And I thought Avengers tower was nuts....