New Changes Announced

Options

Comments

• forgrim wrote:
    edit: my permanent residence is in nyc but station in SF for business, but i'd have gone up to Boston and taken up d3's offer for feedback. honestly, they need a team of ten players who play a ton to give feedback before changes are made (think public beta servers than riot games has up for league of legends, and blizzard has up for world of warcraft so that they see the affect and feedback from the players)

Have you seen their offer here? If you do get a meeting with them please post the transcript and notes.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1951

I signed up, but I doubt they would tell us anything new, without a non-disclosure agreement.
  • Personally, I am looking forward to some changes. Like many players, I've been stuck in 2* hell, using the same characters in every event for what seems like forever. I don't have the covers to move up to 3*, and I haven't had anything to spend my ISO on. These new changes will give me a new opportunity to experiment with team compositions, which I look forward to (assuming some characters get buffed sufficiently).
  • SO, is spidey's 2 blue AP going byebye???
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SO, is spidey's 2 blue AP going byebye???

Not a sure thing. But the most likely course of action.
  • Probably a nerf in his yellow as well (less HP recovery).
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    Personally, I am looking forward to some changes. Like many players, I've been stuck in 2* hell, using the same characters in every event for what seems like forever. I don't have the covers to move up to 3*, and I haven't had anything to spend my ISO on. These new changes will give me a new opportunity to experiment with team compositions, which I look forward to (assuming some characters get buffed sufficiently).

2* is no hell at all. I use wolverine and black widow and have easily finished in top 5 of all recent events. Shields also greatly helped with that.
  • 2* is the new 3*, until thor and wolv get nerfed.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    And Thunderclap is back!
  • No not really... Still at 6ap cost
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    I just used mine ok for 2 AP
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    they can't just arbitarly change it without looking at other's abilities. black widow 1* has a 5 turn stun at level 40 for 9 ap, so they just can't change the blue to 6 ap and be like...DONE.

cuz then it'd make no sense whatsoever. but then again, ragnarok's red makes no sense whatsoever currently (it'll probably make more sense after they nerf thor) so i'll probably be proven wrong.

edit: my permanent residence is in nyc but station in SF for business, but i'd have gone up to Boston and taken up d3's offer for feedback. honestly, they need a team of ten players who play a ton to give feedback before changes are made (think public beta servers than riot games has up for league of legends, and blizzard has up for world of warcraft so that they see the affect and feedback from the players)
    They can't arbitrarily change things without looking at other abilities? are we talking about the same balance team?
  • Dear Dev Team,

Please hold off on nerfing stuff before adding a re-spec option.

Thanks,
    Your Entire Playerbase
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    ****. I swear I'm not crazy. It was 2 AP for one fight. Glory days.....
  • Still 6 ap for me. Timestamped 12:10 pm, 1/10/2014

RjgE54n.png?1
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Yeah mine is back to 6. I should have taken a photo. But it was only one fight.
  • It just occurred to me that if they nerf Thor, as they evidently plan, that may have a detrimental affect for new players. Obviously this won't majorly affect most of the people here, but for players trying to get through the prologue for the first time, not getting the heavy hitting Thor could be a problem for them. I hope the devs have taken that into account as well. It seems like it would be bad if they suddenly made the prologue a lot harder for people.
  • NFHQ43 wrote:
    It just occurred to me that if they nerf Thor, as they evidently plan, that may have a detrimental affect for new players. Obviously this won't majorly affect most of the people here, but for players trying to get through the prologue for the first time, not getting the heavy hitting Thor could be a problem for them. I hope the devs have taken that into account as well. It seems like it would be bad if they suddenly made the prologue a lot harder for people.
    Hawkeye is getting buffed; Ares sounds like a decent Thor replacement.

Also, prologue is quite doable with 1-stars, save maybe a few later missions.
  • Spider-Man Classic, Magneto Classic and Wolverine Astonishing all fall afoul of the "Reduction of AP brought the ability below the current minimum of 5 AP." remark by a dev, so there go All Tied Up, Magnetic Projectile and Feral Claws.

Thor I didn't know was broken.

As far as Magneto Classic goes, Magnetic Field is at 5 AP at max and it is NOT overpowered there. Fix Magnetic Translocation to be properly based on matches instead of blues if you must, tweak Projectile's effectiveness and cost, but if you make L5 Magnetic Field cost more than 5 Blue APs I will SET THINGS ON FIRE.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Spider-Man Classic, Magneto Classic and Wolverine Astonishing all fall afoul of the "Reduction of AP brought the ability below the current minimum of 5 AP." remark by a dev, so there go All Tied Up, Magnetic Projectile and Feral Claws.

Thor I didn't know was broken.

As far as Magneto Classic goes, Magnetic Field is at 5 AP at max and it is NOT overpowered there. Fix Magnetic Translocation to be properly based on matches instead of blues if you must, tweak Projectile's effectiveness and cost, but if you make L5 Magnetic Field cost more than 5 Blue APs I will SET THINGS ON FIRE.

I'll buy the gas and matches. I will be doing the same.
  • NFHQ43 wrote:
    It just occurred to me that if they nerf Thor, as they evidently plan, that may have a detrimental affect for new players. Obviously this won't majorly affect most of the people here, but for players trying to get through the prologue for the first time, not getting the heavy hitting Thor could be a problem for them. I hope the devs have taken that into account as well. It seems like it would be bad if they suddenly made the prologue a lot harder for people.
    Hawkeye is getting buffed; Ares sounds like a decent Thor replacement.

Also, prologue is quite doable with 1-stars, save maybe a few later missions.

That's Modern Hawkeye getting buffed(we assume), not 1* Classic Hawkeye