edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Change order, people!
Bag Lady gets better
Thor dies
Bad Wolverine gets good
Good Wolverine gets bad
I have NO IDEA what they're going to do to Modern Bow and Arrow Man
Spiderman dies

So there you have it. Put no more iso into Thor, Wolvie, or Spidey for the next few weeks.

HEY, at least they COMMUNICATED with us! Sunshine and flowers again!

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Change order, people!
    Bag Lady gets better
    Thor dies
    Bad Wolverine gets good
    Good Wolverine gets bad
    I have NO IDEA what they're going to do to Modern Bow and Arrow Man
    Spiderman dies

So there you have it. Put no more iso into Thor, Wolvie, or Spidey for the next few weeks.

HEY, at least they COMMUNICATED with us! Sunshine and flowers again!

You forgot magneto! He is getting canned now.
  • You forgot that Magneto dies too.
    Basically, they're nerfing high-speed characters - Rag, Mag, Spider and 2* Wolv.
  • Looking forward to the 4-star buffs. Also, thanks for filling in Al. I wonder if Ice is still on vacation.
  • So instead of making the game better by boosting the bad characters they will make it suck more by nerfing all the good ones. I see no problem with that...

Oh well, at least the game was fun for a while but now it's time to move on. With all my top covers getting nerfed soon, there's no incentive to play anymore.

I guess I'll throw all my ISO into 4* wolvie and if that doesn't work out...
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Looking forward to the 4-star buffs. Also, thanks for filling in Al. I wonder if Ice is still on vacation.

So demiurge_Eric

Why no communication before the Nerf? You guys have been great in the past. Thanks for posting the update list.
  • My only 3 maxed characters = ragnarok - Thor - 2* wolvie

Characters in process of being maxed - spidey and magneto C

AkA - fk u plans!
  • My only 3 maxed characters = ragnarok - Thor - 2* wolvie

This is you and just about everyone else. And that's why it's a problem that they need to address.

They've created 30 characters for the game and they don't want everyone using the same 5
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Looking forward to the 4-star buffs. Also, thanks for filling in Al. I wonder if Ice is still on vacation.

So demiurge_Eric

Why no communication before the Nerf? You guys have been great in the past. Thanks for posting the update list.
    I think today's post was a reaction to the outrage that centered on "you guys gave us no warning or explanation".

As someone who ripped them last night for not doing exactly what this new post does, I'm on some level pleased that they listened. Not super happy with what may happen, and I'm definitely done spending ISO on those characters until we know what the changes will look like. However, they are actually talking again. And this is a good step.
  • Know Mags and spidey are on the list is disheartening. What they hell do they want matches to be? 5 minute interludes? Clearly they want users to burn up health packs more often by stretching it out.
  • To be honest, i'm glad the meta will shift because i like changes.

But i guess it hurts most people.. i can relate to that. My highest character is a 52 wolverine, i dont even want to think how hard some guys worked for their maxed out spiderman, magneto or ragnarok just to get nerfed. I'm playing for a month now, and i didnt saw a ragnarok cover yet, and barelly saw a purple magneto one (that i keep for some reason).

I hope for a Modern Hawkeye buff.
  • Kiamodo
    edited January 2014
    Options
    adamLmpq wrote:
    My only 3 maxed characters = ragnarok - Thor - 2* wolvie

This is you and just about everyone else. And that's why it's a problem that they need to address.

They've created 30 characters for the game and they don't want everyone using the same 5

So make others better! Not make them all worse. I know they need a ceiling. They need to always have a better card coming out or the pyramid scheme doesn't work. Rags wasn't nerfed he was neutered and is now a shadow of his previous self. Let's just make all the cards lame so there is no difference. Then guess what people stop buying cards because any black widow is fine and star levels are worthless. Cats and dogs sleeping together.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Kiamodo wrote:
    IceIX has been the main guy in the past and very active/responsive, but he went on vacation. Holiday season tends to be hectic for everyone, hopefully things get back on track now.

The problem with making everyone better is that Rags can already kill in 2 turns. You really want everyone to have this potential? Punisher is not that bad people. I personally think he is the standard for a good 3-star character.
  • I'm happy to see these changes. Nice to see the 4* characters get buffed.

I have a 3/0 Rag. So I never got any chance to use him so the nerf didn't affect me much. But I will be affected by the next set of nerfs. My main team is 141 Spidey 3/5/5, 141 Mags 5/3/5 (My favorite character), 85 Wolvie 5/3/5.
    I whole-heartedly expected these 3 to get nerfed (even as I was leveling them). But it's no big deal. I went through many nerfs and buffs when I was a dedicated World of Warcraft player. It changes the game environment and let's you try other characters which in turn breathes new life into the game for me. It gets stale fighting the same 6-7 characters over and over. Forcing you to team up with a character relieves that problem a little.

I'm sure there are many who disagree and don't like their beloved characters nerfed. But I for one like it. So I lose some time and effort in leveling that nerfed character. But I did enjoy playing them when I had the chance. I will happily level all my characters.

The opposite argument is pouring all your ISO into leveling 3 chars who are strong. With no changes in the game. Would you use any characters besides the 3 (not counting forced team ups). To me that is boring.

***Yes, they should have buffed the weaker characters instead of doing massive nerfs to the stronger ones. But from a developer standpoint, that takes much more work and probably a lot longer to produce results. But I don't develop games so what do I know.
  • *Watches from 1st in his bracket as people abandon tanking the Double Shot and scramble to get back in the hunt for 1st for Invisible Woman and prog rewards for Wolvie X-Force*
  • I kinda figured that this was going to happen. Looking at character discussion and seeing where most of the community gravitated to was a red flag to stay away from leveling those characters for me. That's really how changes tend to come about. Luckily, this game tends to have a small pool, relative to other games, of characters term to choose from and makes the go to choices more obvious.

I am most definitely looking forward to the coming changes, mainly for the fact this will encourage (hopefully) more diversity in team building, which was my problem with PvP, not the scoring system.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    So I know everyone who had hi level Rag is mad at the nerf. I would be too. What we need to see is that this game is a cash cow. Rag was a diff character to come by but Thor and wolverine? They're common so why change them. And Spidey? He doesn't even attack. The stun's good if you get blues but apart from that? Mine's 3 to stun at the min but that's only one turn. You could still get a lot of damage. Thor, wolverine, ironman Mk40 and Spidey are my top players and took me ages to get them to where they're at. They should have just reduced Rags damage, and green output. This may just be the excuse to free up my time and phone memory and uninstall. Time to maybe go back to proper gaming and devote my time to PS4 Assass Creed Black Flag. Savvy? What are you're thoughts everyone?
  • The only solution is to max every character to 3/3/3 and swap them around based on nerfs. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Ir0nF1sh wrote:
    So I know everyone who had hi level Rag is mad at the nerf. I would be too. What we need to see is that this game is a cash cow. Rag was a diff character to come by but Thor and wolverine? They're common so why change them. And Spidey? He doesn't even attack. The stun's good if you get blues but apart from that? Mine's 3 to stun at the min but that's only one turn. You could still get a lot of damage. Thor, wolverine, ironman Mk40 and Spidey are my top players and took me ages to get them to where they're at. They should have just reduced Rags damage, and green output. This may just be the excuse to free up my time and phone memory and uninstall. Time to maybe go back to proper gaming and devote my time to PS4 Assass Creed Black Flag. Savvy? What are you're thoughts everyone?

I agree with you. He was over nerfed. I'm not against using other characters awesome! But they didn't give me an incentive they gave me no alternative. Your options to nerf including less green and a higher Ap demand were good alternatives. They decided to not take him down a peg but the whole board. Well guess what now my Mag is more than likely going to get a higher AP requirement for his blue weakening him also. There will always be better cards. Just lame that I don't have the resources to go back and level up all of my 3*s. I'm with ya though I'll be going from a serious to casual player. Diablo 3 needs some more lovin.
  • adamLmpq wrote:

Well at the rate they are going they certainly won't have everyone using the same 5.
    Because people won't be using them at all.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    It kind of makes it pointless to try out for Spidey covers in Double Shot now. I think what you may be left with is a Marvel themed Bejeweled. Well. It was fun while it lasted.