New Changes Announced

Options

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Ir0nF1sh wrote:
    It kind of makes it pointless to try out for Spidey covers in Double Shot now. I think what you may be left with is a Marvel themed Bejeweled. Well. It was fun while it lasted.

This is what I was thinking as well. If I wanted to play a three matches game Bejeweled was at least fun because of the time limit.
  • With all these incoming nerfs I expect a respec option to be available, if not I'm uninstalling.
  • What's annoying about these planned changes is that there is no indication of what they have planned. Do they plan to nerf Spidey's stun or his heal? Do they want to nerf Mags purple or improve his red? Some indications of what the actual plans are would be lovely.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    What's annoying about these planned changes is that there is no indication of what they have planned. Do they plan to nerf Spidey's stun or his heal? Do they want to nerf Mags purple or improve his red? Some indications of what the actual plans are would be lovely.

Imagine the worst. Spidey's ap cost goes from 2-6. Mags cost goes from 5 to 8? Anyway just take their best asset and throw it out the door. More than likely the course of action they are taking.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    What's annoying about these planned changes is that there is no indication of what they have planned. Do they plan to nerf Spidey's stun or his heal? Do they want to nerf Mags purple or improve his red? Some indications of what the actual plans are would be lovely.

I think DP hit it on the head icon_mrgreen.gif
    Change order, people!
    Bag Lady gets better
    Thor dies
    Bad Wolverine gets good
    Good Wolverine gets bad
    I have NO IDEA what they're going to do to Modern Bow and Arrow Man
    Spiderman dies
  • DaveyPitch wrote:

i just woke up and getting through the flood of threads, but its clearly easy to tell what buffs/nerfs they are going to do.

in classic mag's case, his ap cost on his red is super low, so they'll buff it over their mandatory 5/6 ap cost and change it a little to do more damage, most likely. as for his purple, they'll probably fix the tooltip to have it red OR blue swaps, not just red and blue, or keep the tooltip and swap the lowest of blues/reds.

as for spidey, they'll probably mess around with his blue, since once again the ap cost is so low.

thor they'll fix his red to be more in line with ragnarok's, because that's now the new baseline so it'll probably do less damage than rag's, and generate equal amount of tiles.

wolverine, increase ap cost of his green most likely.

can't tell you honestly about the buffs to both 4 stars cuz buffs are always the hardest ones to figure out.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:

i just woke up and getting through the flood of threads, but its clearly easy to tell what buffs/nerfs they are going to do.

in classic mag's case, his ap cost on his red is super low, so they'll buff it over their mandatory 5/6 ap cost and change it a little to do more damage, most likely. as for his purple, they'll probably fix the tooltip to have it red OR blue swaps, not just red and blue, or keep the tooltip and swap the lowest of blues/reds.

as for spidey, they'll probably mess around with his blue, since once again the ap cost is so low.

thor they'll fix his red to be more in line with ragnarok's, because that's now the new baseline so it'll probably do less damage than rag's, and generate equal amount of tiles.

can't tell you honestly about the buffs to both 4 stars cuz buffs are always the hardest ones to figure out.

Their aim is to increase the length of battles making the likely hood that characters are injured increased. Players will then have no choice than to use their heals and when there is a rush to finish in the top at the end of a tournament they will be forced to buy heals. Rags mags and spidey all do a great job not only defeating an opponent but doing so quickly and without taking a lot of damage if any. Spidey and mags blues will be altered I guarantee it.
  • Everyone saying that they want us to use more health packs by having longer battles is probably right. So I'm expecting a change to Spidey's blue and yellow, hell maybe his purple too.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:

Their aim is to increase the length of battles making the likely hood that characters are injured increased. Players will then have no choice than to use their heals and when there is a rush to finish in the top at the end of a tournament they will be forced to buy heals. Rags mags and spidey all do a great job not only defeating an opponent but doing so quickly and without taking a lot of damage if any. Spidey and mags blues will be altered I guarantee it.

they can't just arbitarly change it without looking at other's abilities. black widow 1* has a 5 turn stun at level 40 for 9 ap, so they just can't change the blue to 6 ap and be like...DONE.

cuz then it'd make no sense whatsoever. but then again, ragnarok's red makes no sense whatsoever currently (it'll probably make more sense after they nerf thor) so i'll probably be proven wrong.

edit: my permanent residence is in nyc but station in SF for business, but i'd have gone up to Boston and taken up d3's offer for feedback. honestly, they need a team of ten players who play a ton to give feedback before changes are made (think public beta servers than riot games has up for league of legends, and blizzard has up for world of warcraft so that they see the affect and feedback from the players)
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    BW has a stun but half spidey's health. Plus everyone has her. They want to keep high demand for good characters not increase the desire for ones everyone has. But yeah I understand. But it does seem like they will just change things till no one is happy.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    BW has a stun but half spidey's health. Plus everyone has her. They want to keep high demand for good characters not increase the desire for ones everyone has. But yeah I understand. But it does seem like they will just change things till no one is happy.

agreed, very hard to do a comparison of bw stun and spidey stun, but also remember than bw is a 1 star compared to spideys 3*, which is why she has such lower health.

the best best comparison we had of abilities that were near identical were thor/ragnarok.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    " a rising tide lifts all boats" looks like they are taking the opposite strategy and lowering everyone's usefulness. Making room for more characters? Ruining the game? Maybe. It's just evident that this change is just a sign of more things to come. Hard to plan out a team strategy when that could change any moment.
  • forgrim wrote:
    edit: my permanent residence is in nyc but station in SF for business, but i'd have gone up to Boston and taken up d3's offer for feedback. honestly, they need a team of ten players who play a ton to give feedback before changes are made (think public beta servers than riot games has up for league of legends, and blizzard has up for world of warcraft so that they see the affect and feedback from the players)

Have you seen their offer here? If you do get a meeting with them please post the transcript and notes.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1951
  • These changes are nothing more than cash grabs thinly disguised as balancing changes.

They want to nerf anything that wins fights fast aka generates ISOs fast. This new premium on ISOs now makes people actually want to purchase them. Which they will have to do if they want to level other characters now that Ragnarok (and by association GSW) is now useless. And soon to be Thor and Wolv.

Once they buff the 4* characters there will be a rush to level them. And then they will get re-nerfed. And continue this awful cycle.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    These changes are nothing more than cash grabs thinly disguised as balancing changes.

They want to nerf anything that wins fights fast aka generates ISOs fast. This new premium on ISOs now makes people actually want to purchase them. Which they will have to do if they want to level other characters now that Ragnarok (and by association GSW) is now useless. And soon to be Thor and Wolv.

Once they buff the 4* characters there will be a rush to level them. And then they will get re-nerfed. And continue this awful cycle.

I whole heartedly agree. The lack of dev response is deafening.
  • This ties in to their other new trend: self-damaging characters. Of their first 28 characters, only Juggernaut self-damaged.

Now their 3 newest characters (Hulk, Ares, and Patch) all have powers that damage their own team.

This is not done to have fun, balanced, strategic battles. This is done to keep you starved for health packs during time-limited tournaments. Not fun.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Yep. I don't care if it's the devs or their bosses investors. It's bad design and creating a very scynical community of players.
  • cepage wrote:
    This ties in to their other new trend: self-damaging characters. Of their first 28 characters, only Juggernaut self-damaged.

Now their 3 newest characters (Hulk, Ares, and Patch) all have powers that damage their own team.

This is not done to have fun, balanced, strategic battles. This is done to keep you starved for health packs during time-limited tournaments. Not fun.

Great point. i thought it was a peculiar coincidence but now it makes sense.
  • I love how Bag-man got left out of the list.

NERF HIM PLZ
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I love how Bag-man got left out of the list.

NERF HIM PLZ

Agreed!! That is one scary character, I shy away from all battles involving that guy icon_e_surprised.gif