MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Elektra Revealed!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

An excellent new interview with Marvel Puzzle Quest Producer, Joe Fletcher is live on Marvel.com. The chat reveals the latest & last new MPQ character arriving in 2014 - Elecktra!
First-look screenshots and ability previews for this awesome anti-hero in red are included.

You can find it here: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2381 ... st_elektra

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: ELEKTRA
Quote:
"Marvel.com: How’s she going to bring the pain? Direct damage abilities? AP stealing? Please tell me she breaks out the ninja skills!

Joe Fletcher: Most definitely! Elektra is an assassin, striking hard and fast from the shadows, then melting back into them to avoid return strikes. In-game, she highly reflects those sensibilities. She’s a Purple/Black/Red character, and Four Star rarity at that, pushing her to the high tier of characters with X-Force Wolverine and Thor: Goddess of Thunder."

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Because we need more 4* characters we'll never really be able to obtain.

I like Elektra, it's a cool character, and a necessity with the DD revamp. At the same time, it continues the trend of adding more characters before letting much of the player base adjust to the already overwhelming number of them out there.
  • 4*? So how will I kill her with Bullseye?
  • san
    gamar wrote:
    4*? So how will I kill her with Bullseye?

You won't but the 400+ level AI will icon_e_wink.gif
  • I love the abilites, and am glad to see her in the game, but yeah...another 4*???

If she's given out like 4Thor was during the second Grocket PVE, we'll be looking at another rough grind...not sure how many people will be up for repeating that experience.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Seriously? ANOTHER new char? Can you say burnout?
  • san
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Seriously? ANOTHER new char? Can you say burnout?

Burnout!... which incidentally is also an awesome game I haven't played in a while. I think I may give that a spin now that I'm burning out on MPQ...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get the complaining. 2 characters a month is pretty normal, and it looks like we're back to that after the GOTG and 4Thor release. Elektra won't even be reward till the 22nd, which is still a week and a half away.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    And the march towards 4*s continues. I guess that's one way of silencing the complaints that there are too many 3*s being introduced
  • I had earlier missed that she was a 4*.

I guess she'll get a roster slot, but she's is going to be a low, low, low priority otherwise.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Actual damage avoidance, Hidden strike tiles, and Settlement (strike version?)
    With 10960 health (maxed), she seems like an ok 4*, but more support than attack, despite the article's insistence to the contrary. Plus the fact her hidden strike acts like a trap makes it seem more likely that it can be overwritten.

Her black looks like it owns AI, use it right before they launch their killer combos and then put her in front. Wonder if it gives the AI cascades though.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like the new PvE mode stars Elektra, but I think we knew that already.

I think it's funny that her black makes her temporarily invincible, which is the mechanic IW should have, given the whole force field thing. Looks like a really fun character though, even if you ignore that her red is auto-countered by Daken/Blade, much like Daredevil's.
  • I know the stars only indicate rarity and not necessarily canon power level or impact in the Marvel universe, but Elektra as a 4* just seems awkward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she hasn't even had her own comic since 2009 lol
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* should be reserved for 4* worthy characters. Nick Fury, Xforce, Thor, Devil Dino (when covered and leveled). Elektra and IW (in her current state) should not be 4*. I don't think there will be the PVE turnout for Elektra that there was for Thor. Thor benefited from the Anniversary LR's, so everyone knew what she was capable of, and wanted her because she was worth the effort, to get 3 covers and max them out.
  • Unless the black creates a ridiculous number of trap tiles (like, 25) it's just not that create great the AI tends to be a cascade machine. For 1 more black you have Surgical Strike which can get rid of most problems at the source. Okay so comparing to X Force might not be totally fair (but she's a 4*), but for 2 more black you get Rage of the Panther which will solve most of the problems anyone not having incredible PvE scaling issues might face at the source level. I think it'd make more sense if it just negated the next 2 AP consuming moves instead.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone think there's a possibility D3 is planning a little christmas surprise by swapping out the free sentry with a free Elektra?

I really hope so cause there's no tinykitty way I'm grinding Prodigal Sun in the days leading up to christmas, on vacation no less, just to get a cover or two of a 4* I won't be able to use for another 3+ months. I really just want to say "see you guys in the new year!" but I'm sure I'll be back.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder if black is Avoid - so teammate getting the damage, or complete damage evasion.

Pre-release leaked ability name was Sai Fury, wonder if it was a different ability?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling back on the rate of new characters released isn't going to help us if you keep making them 4s.
  • turul wrote:
    Wonder if black is Avoid - so teammate getting the damage, or complete damage evasion.

Pre-release leaked ability name was Sai Fury, wonder if it was a different ability?

For 10 black it better be complete avoidance as opposed to just letting another guy take the Headbutt.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    There really seems no/very little point of the two abilities using trap tiles, unless some very good happens on enemy match...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

With people leaking the prerelease power names, I wouldn't be surprised if they start using bogus temporary names or even adding powers for characters they have no intention of releasing.