Patch Notes - R67 (Live, 12/15/14)

Options

Comments

• TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]It seems that this month, Santa isn't the only hero wearing red!
    Except Daredevil, there are:

- Elektra (she's an anti-hero, I know)
    - Gorgon (Tomi Shishido is not a hero, I know)
    - Scarlet
    - Sunfire
    - Adam Warlock
    - Iron Spider (Spider-Man suit in Civil War)
    - Scarlet Spider
    - Mar-Vell
    - Gladiator (Kallark)
    - Shang-Chi
    - Hyperion
    - Red Hulk

I hope for Scarlet Spider.

"David wrote:
    Moore"]We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.")
    1vs1 PvE gameplay..... with "Ninja characters"?

- Daredevil
    - Elektra
    - Bullseye
    - Wolverine
    - Kitty Pryde
    - Batroc
    - Karnak
    - Iron Fist
    - Shang-Chi

"David wrote:
    Moore"]But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!
    1122667.jpg
    Wolverine: Enemy of the State.
    Gorgon (Tomi Shishido) is coming? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Pretty sure The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength states that the difficulty of an encounter that involves ninjas is constant regardless of the number of ninjas involved. That is, if you fight one ninja and it's a hard fight, it's still exactly equally difficult if you fought 100 ninjas at once because all those ninjas would suddenly be very weak but make up for that by having 100 of them.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Pretty sure The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength states that the difficulty of an encounter that involves ninjas is constant regardless of the number of ninjas involved. That is, if you fight one ninja and it's a hard fight, it's still exactly equally difficult if you fought 100 ninjas at once because all those ninjas would suddenly be very weak but make up for that by having 100 of them.
    Not constant, but inversely proportional - the GROUP of ninjas gets weaker as you add ninjas, not just the individual ninjas

As in, "the power of a group of ninjas is 1/n, where n is the number of ninjas"
  • Yup. One ninja can be dangerous. So can two. But 100? A cakewalk.
  • So as the fight goes on its going to get harder and harder because you are facing less Ninja.

So maybe it is a reference to a new kind of "Gauntlet" where you pick a team of three and face off against say 100 opponents in teams of three. lock out being able to change your lineup, TUs/boosts, healing between battles and see how far you get. It would be easy going at first, but as they slowly wear you down they would become more difficult to defeat by comparison... I think it would be fun. Rewards could be set for how many you can make it through before dying. And would give good incentive to go back and try again to beat your best score...

They did say there would be new goons...and there would be ALOT of them...hmmm
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!

Translation. X-Force is sort of giving everyone an advantage in PvE , so let's just make Wolverine an enemy thus you cannot use X-Force in PvE to blow up CD tiles or quickly take down an enemy.

Someone hasn't tried Blade+Falcon

Blade + Falcon + Doc Ock - since I got a decent number of covers for Blade and Doc this has been my new anti-goon A-team
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say that R66 is almost wholly unplayable for me - iPod Touch 5th Gen running iOS 7.1 - and that I filled out the bug report in the bugs forum. icon_e_sad.gif

I'm black-screening and lagging a lot even with device reboots and I have blacked out so many times I'm retreating/losing when I shouldn't be.

No prior problems with MPQ before this.

I'm hoping R67 will fix whatever is going wrong.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or maybe we will have to fight an army of robot Sentinels icon_eek.gif .
  • dearbluey wrote:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu

So...many enemies are weak, but one is deadly. Maybe enemies that get stronger when their allies go down? Or stronger when their health gets lower?

Or, your char(s) get stronger the fewer (1,2 or 3) you choose to play with?...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    live on steam, android not yet
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Live on Android, refusing to download properly but that's probably my **** office Wi-Fi.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!
    1122667.jpg
    Wolverine: Enemy of the State.
    Gorgon (Tomi Shishido) is coming? icon_e_confused.gif

looks pretty much like it icon_e_wink.gif
  • You guys broke something. When i click on the pvp event that has ended for me to check out ranks...it crashes.
  • _M4ru_
    _M4ru_ Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength."

Hmm... more like ninja stealth change - bye, bye 2.5h refresh time, hello 3h refresh icon_e_surprised.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have done the update. I am on an Android phone Samsung S4 (SCH-I545) and I can not see my opponents score. I can see the estimated points I can get if I hit them. Android Version 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0
    It really seems to take away from the game. Also if I want to set up which nodes to hit, it matters as well.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _M4ru_ wrote:
    Hmm... more like ninja stealth change - bye, bye 2.5h refresh time, hello 3h refresh icon_e_surprised.gif
    This appears to be a change with the Prodigal Sun PvE event, not the R67 update. I just verified this by running a refreshed node on both R66 and R67 on different devices, they both got a 3 hour refresh.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Anybody having issues on pc version since update? Game crashes everytime i try to look at results for first avenger and players pvp scores aren't being displayed. Verified cache but I wanted to see if this is just me before I try a reinstall and post to bugs and technical issues.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody having issues on pc version since update? Game crashes everytime i try to look at results for first avenger and players pvp scores aren't being displayed. Verified cache but I wanted to see if this is just me before I try a reinstall and post to bugs and technical issues.

I just checked. I'm getting the same thing on my Steam account.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just checked. I'm getting the same thing on my Steam account.
    Verified both on iOS 8.1.2 as well. I'll post in Bugs & Tech if nobody else has started one there yet.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm using an iPhone 6. I also cannot see an opponents score in the PVP matchmaking screen.

Lame