Patch Notes - R67 (Live, 12/15/14)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Season’s Greetings and happy holidays to everyone!

R67 Patch Notes:

It seems that this month, Santa isn't the only hero wearing red!

We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    - Shields may now have cooldowns depending on the Event. The cooldown is displayed below the amount of time the Shield lasts. (For further info see:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20202)

- Players can now preview Event rewards before an Event starts by tapping the “Event in..” Chapter button or the Rewards button on the time selection dialog.

- Default starting opponents in Versus play now always report the correct amount of "current points" they have.
Characters
    - Hulk's
Anger will no longer fire from allied abilities.

Comments

• "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - Players can now preview Event rewards before an Event starts by tapping the “Event in..” Chapter button or the Rewards button on the time selection dialog. - Default starting opponents in Versus play now always report the correct amount of "current points" they have.
    Characters
      - Hulk's

Sounds great, The Hulk bit puzzles me a bit. When would he get angry with his allies?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.")

Ooh, so is it gonna be some kind of one-man army game mode? Like you only have one character per battle? Or one-on-one maybe?
    "Ray!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - Players can now preview Event rewards before an Event starts by tapping the “Event in..” Chapter button or the Rewards button on the time selection dialog. - Default starting opponents in Versus play now always report the correct amount of "current points" they have.
    Characters
      - Hulk's

Sounds great, The Hulk bit puzzles me a bit. When would he get angry with his allies?

Supernova?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.")

Probably its some kind of survival mode
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength" = "The LOINS"

So it's a Daredevil mode, and the objective is to crotch kick as many enemies as possible?
  • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... OfNinjutsu

So...many enemies are weak, but one is deadly. Maybe enemies that get stronger when their allies go down? Or stronger when their health gets lower?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How much to license the title "Night Of The Million Zillion Ninja" from Ben Englund?
  • dearbluey wrote:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu

So...many enemies are weak, but one is deadly. Maybe enemies that get stronger when their allies go down? Or stronger when their health gets lower?

Maybe that is what they did to DareDevil. He is a ninja after all.
  • dearbluey wrote:

I'm going to go with a previous poster and say its going to be one on one battles. That would cause a big shake up in how good a character is in that particular format. Support Role characters would become lower tier in that style while more well rounded characters or ones with more direct damage abilities would shine.

I think Cap would do well in that format...

Thinking the Heroes in red comment is refering to Elektra...

And another new PVE! Possibly a continuation of the Daken storyline (him in disguise) Or maybe connecting in the galactic heroes and an earlier reference in another PVE and be Skrulls... (3* Super Skrull Villan???)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

I'm going to go with a previous poster and say its going to be one on one battles. That would cause a big shake up in how good a character is in that particular format. Support Role characters would become lower tier in that style while more well rounded characters or ones with more direct damage abilities would shine.

I think Cap would do well in that format...

Thinking the Heroes in red comment is refering to Elektra...

And another new PVE! Possibly a continuation of the Daken storyline (him in disguise) Or maybe connecting in the galactic heroes and an earlier reference in another PVE and be Skrulls... (3* Super Skrull Villan???)

I hope it's not 1 on 1, XF or LadyThor would instantly win that format.
  • I hope it's not 1 on 1, XF or LadyThor would instantly win that format.

Daken could also be horribly annoying. But yeah, XF/LadyThor would be monsters.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

Gotta be Hydra goons: chop off one head and two more will grow in its place.

EDIT: Or The Hand.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

Obviously it's Jet Li, The One. Obviously. It's a feeble attempt to expand the user base to include both those people who thought the film was good.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    warpedlord wrote:
    I hope it's not 1 on 1, XF or LadyThor would instantly win that format.

Daken could also be horribly annoying. But yeah, XF/LadyThor would be monsters.
    Patch could also be hilarious, if you race to the reds.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Law of Inverse ninja strength sounds like something to do with brute force, so maybe a one vs one game mode. also i'm gonna guess the things they still have to add is gonna have to do with shields? maybe they want it to be more accessible to all and seeing the1whoknocks go to 3k was just....hardcore as hell.
  • I hope it's not 1 on 1, XF or LadyThor would instantly win that format.

You can either counter with your own, if you have them. Which I don't...

Or you can bring someone that uses the same colors so you can prioritize them to keep the other from getting off powers while building your own.

They will be rough, that's for sure, but not unbeatable.

I could see Juggs and Ares being really strong due to low cost/high damage abilites that can be spammed with no one for the opponent to hide behind.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to know what they mean about Wolverine not being an ally? Is it just part of the PvE story, or are they making some changes to him?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to know what they mean about Wolverine not being an ally? Is it just part of the PvE story, or are they making some changes to him?

"The story continues ...." preceeds that comment, so I'm pretty sure it means that Wolverine is the bad guy in the next story or whatever.
  • Maybe it has something to do with Patch keeping up with his exercise regimen.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!

And by new PvE gameplay mode you mean what, exactly? A non rewards non gauntlet mode of play? A 1 character team style of play? An enemy team with more than 3 players? The Goons get stronger as you eliminate their friends?