Patch Notes - R67 (Live, 12/15/14)

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why hello there X-Force lockout in PvE for 5-6 days.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    Thinking the Heroes in red comment is refering to Elektra...

Starlord isn't typically in a red costume, so it's not him. I was thinking Scarlet Witch. Scarlet is red. So is Iron Spider and Dark Phoenix.

I'd guess Scarlet Witch. Additional possibilities are Red Hulk, Vision, Spider-Woman, Doctor Strange, Mephisto, Ghost Rider,

OH OH OH OH

Red Skull. We are well overdue for a villian. Red Skull would be bad ****!

:redhulk: :Vision: :spiderwoman: :scarletwitch: :doctorstrange: :drstrange: :mephisto: :ghostrider: :redskull: :spider-woman: :antman: :wasp: :quicksilver: :carnage: ...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am excited over the new pve mode.

There has been much (hush) talk about it, and it seems like the dev are putting a lot of emphasis on this.

Truth be told, if it's something really new, this will be the first development since TU. We know how TU has disappoint many people because it wasn't as game changing as it's meant to be. Some people love it, but many more hated it (I'm actually ok with it).

Gauntlet doesn't really count, cos it's just a change in reward structure.

My gut feel, it's going to be a endless challenge mode. You bring in 3 to 5 characters, and you just keep hitting playing. You kill 3 goons, another 3 goons replace them. Your HP and AP continues to the next game.

Maybe every 10 turns, you face a boss, say Xforce. You beat him, and you continue with the goons.

Of course with every 10 battles, the enemies scaling increased. Eventually you will have hit a wall. And the best run will be recorded on your profile. So it becomes a bragging rights, be it the total number of waves you fought, or the total time you take.

Fake healing will then have a purpose because you definitely need to heal amidst the 10,000 goons you are fighting.

Of course, patch and daken Wil be incredibly OP in this mode. Maybe they will lock them out as they are the boss?

We will see. I just hope it's a real game mode that excites people.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    We will see. I just hope it's a real game mode that excites people.

Agreed completely!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to know what they mean about Wolverine not being an ally? Is it just part of the PvE story, or are they making some changes to him?

"The story continues ...." preceeds that comment, so I'm pretty sure it means that Wolverine is the bad guy in the next story or whatever.

Spoilers are potential Wolverine spoilers.
    Wolverine as one of the Four Horseman of Apocalypse!?

EDIT:
    After doing a little bit of research, there is apparently a arc of GoG that has Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton being controlled by Doctor Doom.

• EDIT:
    After doing a little bit of research, there is apparently a arc of GoG that has Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton being controlled by Doctor Doom.

I will spoiler my response:
    That was the old GoG, it seems Marvel wants to forget about it, I doubt that D3 would use that
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dragma wrote:

EDIT:

I will spoiler my response:
    That was the old GoG, it seems Marvel wants to forget about it, I doubt that D3 would use that

Going to spoiler mine too.
    This would give them an interesting way to re-introduce Doctor Doom with a new power though!

EDIT:
    Maybe we'll see a Daken/Wolverine story? The end of that arc was sad. :[
  • VonMatterhorn
    VonMatterhorn Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The idea of an enemy Patch in PvE sounds like they're really trying to push us to use new Loki.
  • OH SHT
    OH SHT

What if the new mode is actually a tough pve with a compelling storyline that introduces a character as progression? Like what if the way they're introducing Elektra is that there's a complete The Hand storyline that just hangs out after you're done? So when a new player joins he can actually go through several storylines? Maybe it could have a recommended level for entry, that way it wouldn't just hand first day players a 3*. And Maybe they could charge some amount of HP to buy the entire "Story arc", that way they have an incentive to actually update it more than once a year.
  • I thought the Inverse Law of Ninjas would be that you get to fight 270 level 1 X Forces.
  • Yes, I agree. I think its definitely for us to use the Patch-Loki combo. Really wish there was another (old)C-mags ability for board shaking @ 3ap. Dino helps... sometimes...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just pasting some older hints:
    Q: Could you share with us some info on the new Story mode or the new game mode? There's no need to tell us the expected date, but sharing some info will get us excited. Maybe like telling us the new antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?

A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and game mode rolling out in December:
    1. You’ve seen one of the antagonists in the game already.
    2. There’s a new minion group, with Red and Black abilities.
    3. There are a lot of them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Q: Could you share with us some info on the
    new Story mode or the new game mode?
    There's no need to tell us the expected
    date, but sharing some info will get us
    excited. Maybe like telling us the new
    antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?
    A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and
    game mode rolling out in December:
    1. You’ve seen one of the antagonists in
    the game already.
    2. There’s a new minion group, with Red
    and Black abilities.
    I stand by my old guess for this one.
    The Hand, baby! Wasnt Wolverine brainwashed by them? Would also fit with Daredevil's return/redesign and the introduction of Elektra
  • If the new PVE mode is more similar to The Gauntlet, I will need a new screen for my phone for sure icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Q: Could you share with us some info on the
    new Story mode or the new game mode?
    There's no need to tell us the expected
    date, but sharing some info will get us
    excited. Maybe like telling us the new
    antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?
    A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and
    game mode rolling out in December:
    1. You’ve seen one of the antagonists in
    the game already.
    2. There’s a new minion group, with Red
    and Black abilities.
    I stand by my old guess for this one.
    The Hand, baby! Wasnt Wolverine brainwashed by them? Would also fit with Daredevil's return/redesign and the introduction of Elektra

Totally fits if they want to do
    Wolverine: Enemy of the State
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ninja in red? For sure Elektra is coming!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!

Translation. X-Force is sort of giving everyone an advantage in PvE , so let's just make Wolverine an enemy thus you cannot use X-Force in PvE to blow up CD tiles or quickly take down an enemy.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

We're very excited to announce that a brand new PVE gameplay mode will be arriving soon. (Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!

Translation. X-Force is sort of giving everyone an advantage in PvE , so let's just make Wolverine an enemy thus you cannot use X-Force in PvE to blow up CD tiles or quickly take down an enemy.
    Docock buff!
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Someone hasn't tried Blade+Falcon
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd just like to say bravo for working on new PvE modes. People will judge it and some will hate it, but thank you Demiurge for making new PvE modes a priority.