CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION

Options

Comments

• Just happened with me in the last 15 minutes of Army of One. D3 need to fix this ASAP.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Semi happy to see others experiencing this check internet connection. I was gonna try to do a clear before my PVE sub ended. I guess we'll just see what happens. Sleep time for me. Hope I'm high enough for the squirrel girl.
  • Quester42
    Quester42 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been playing a few weeks, and this is the first time I've seen "CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION". Funny too, because everything else works on my tablet - I even uninstalled it, restarted, and reinstalled it from GooglePlay. Also just before the end of events, about 10:30pm EST, and for the 2+ hours I've been trying it since then.

So what's up D3P? Your servers can only handle so many connections? Looks like you have some significant bugs to fix - as well as needing better user feedback when your app fails!
  • Can't connect to the game since over 5 hours. I'd appreciate if normal operation would be resumed asap. Thanks!
    p.s. Buy more servers, you scrooges... icon_e_smile.gif
    p.p.s. iOS 8.1.2, iPad 3.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are on your phone and you are getting the connection error while connected to Wifi, switch off your wifi, you should be able to connect. My connection was 'lost' too this morning when I tried to log in. When I switched to using Data, I was able to play. Now that I'm at work, the wifi connection here is working. Seems to happen at home for me mostly. It's not your phone, it's their servers. Apparently wifi and cellular are on different servers or something.

Give that a shot, and periodically check wifi because using data when wifi is available sucks big time.
  • Both my wife and I are getting this now. Started after we had some home internet problems and now cannot play on the home wifi. Really irritating. The game uses too much data.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm using Steam on a hardwired connection and am still not able to connect.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Neither my wifi or cellular data connections are working now.
    Force quitting the app every few minutes to clear a node worked for a bit but now I just flat out cannot connect.
    Trying to maintain my top 10 Pve & Top 10 sub placement while this is happening is frustrating and might cost me.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They have really got to set up an error code system so players have a better idea of what is going on. I'm on iOS and can get into the game fine. A Steam account in the same home, using the same internet connection, cannot log in. The internet connect on he PC is running properly so it really seems to be an issue with the game and not our internet connection.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm getting the error again as well. It seems to be about the same as when the problem happened to me last month.

I can connect to the cell tower but not through Wi-Fi. All other apps work fine on Wi-Fi on my Android phone.
  • rixmith
    Options
    Yeah, something really strange is going on. I cannot connect from my Windows 7 box, but an old Windows XP box on the same network can connect just fine (though it is quite painful to play on because the machine is so slow and old).
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    If you are on your phone and you are getting the connection error while connected to Wifi, switch off your wifi, you should be able to connect. My connection was 'lost' too this morning when I tried to log in. When I switched to using Data, I was able to play. Now that I'm at work, the wifi connection here is working. Seems to happen at home for me mostly. It's not your phone, it's their servers. Apparently wifi and cellular are on different servers or something.

Give that a shot, and periodically check wifi because using data when wifi is available sucks big time.

We're looking into these reports, but if switching from wi-fi to cellular data fixes the issue, then it's an issue with the wi-fi connection: there's nothing we could do on our end to tell the difference.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like it hangs up on client update. After a while it loaded.

Probably that server is giving bad responses.
  • I attempted a full reinstall, seemed to work find on WiFi up until I reconnected with my facebook data and it loaded the missing items. after that I could no longer play on WiFi.

On an Android Samsung Note 2.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options

We're looking into these reports, but if switching from wi-fi to cellular data fixes the issue, then it's an issue with the wi-fi connection: there's nothing we could do on our end to tell the difference.

What kind of answer is this? You make it sound like the problem is on the user's end when it's clearly not. My internet connection is fine and everything works except for your game. Are you saying you do not have load balancing servers? Everything gets routed into 1 box? Something is down on your end or requests are getting blocked.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ipad mini with retina, wi-fi. I was able to play a couple of matches at 10:30 EST. but I've not been able to get in since then (Check Internet Connection).

UPDATE: I'm back in as of 1:30PM EST.
  • rixmith
    Options
    My Windows 7 box finally connected (after about 14 hours of CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION). Hopefully it will stay working now...
  • I'm playing on a Steam account and have been having the same problem. I was in the game waiting on my heroes to recover so I could compete in the Army of One event. I had about 3 hours to go in the event that ended at Midnight CST and the game dropped to the "Check Internet Connection" and I haven't been able to play since. It has done this to me towards the end of other events as well. Getting kind of frustrating.
  • Finally worked. Then I was asked to update. Stupid me, I updated.
    Guess what?
    THE GAME DOESN'T CONNECT. AGAIN.
    Thank you, D3P & Demiurge. Thank you very much.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is rediculous. My brother, who is a Steam user, has lost 2 days worth of playtime in this game in the past 3 days because of game-side issues. I'm on iOS, using the same exact internet connection he is, and I can connect. He is logged into Steam, and no other game has issues connecting.

I made a suggestion for specific error codes when the game is down, and an error log so we have proof when players cannot connect due to game-side issues.
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22327
    Add anything else you think might help resolve these issues better.