CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION

Options

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have the same issue; ipad mini retina. I first experienced this issue this morning about 10:00AM, and haven't been able to log in since.
    On the bright side, it led me to try out a new game by the Puzzle Quest team (the original Puzzle Quest) called Gems of War. It brings back the skulls and so far it's been a fair bit of fun. I amused to see the skip tax is present in that game as well; 10 gold instead of 10 iso to find a new opponent. It has an overland map vaguely reminiscent of Puzzle Quest 1.

UPDATE: 2:30 CST and I'm now able to get back into the game. Crossing fingers,played two matches and things seem okay now.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2014
    Options
    rixmith wrote:
    I've had the problem frequently the last day or so. I'm a Steam user. I wasn't able to start the current subs when they began last night (10 PM MST), and have been locked out for about the last hour (since 8:30 AM MST). Am hoping to get one last clear of the current sub nodes, but so far no luck.
    Same for me. I verified the integrity of the game cache and still got nothing.
    Looking at the Steam Discussions, several Steam users are plagued by this connection issue. I'll try to send a ticket and see if I get a response.

Edit: Around 2:30 EST I was able to go through one run of the last nodes in Iso-8 Brotherhood, before the connection dropped again. I actually wanted to place top 150 for a star.pngstar.pngstar.png Captain Marvel, but have to settle for a star.pngstar.png Wolverine.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I have the same issue; ipad mini retina. I first experienced this issue this morning about 10:00AM, and haven't been able to log in since.
    On the bright side, it led me to try out a new game by the Puzzle Quest team (the original Puzzle Quest) called Gems of War. It brings back the skulls and so far it's been a fair bit of fun. I amused to see the skip tax is present in that game as well; 10 gold instead of 10 iso to find a new opponent. It has an overland map vaguely reminiscent of Puzzle Quest 1.

I've been playing this off and on for about two weeks now. It's pretty cool. I wish it was more transparent on how mechanics worked with the different characters, but it's pretty fun.

That being said, I still haven't had any issues with my connection to MPQ on Steam (and neither has my girlfriend on her iPhone). icon_e_sad.gif So I'm afraid I don't have any answers.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Argh, still getting this problem. I was able to connect just long enough to confirm that I still need about 400 pts to get the last PVE progression award. Then I got Comm Link Disrupted after playing 1 match. My event ends in 1 hr.
  • Same issue, on both my devices (iOS). Logged off FB, deleted the game, reinstalled, restarted devices, same thing. Help?
  • So based on the replies, it happens over wi-fi, not over wi-fi, and to PC Steam users that are hardwired. So it must be the game, whether its too many simultaneous connections or something. I do see the game periodically checks the servers, like when entering or exiting an event, because that is when it loses connection. I'm surprised there hasn't been multiple tickets opened for this as it seems to be a common occurrence. Well, i'm not opening a ticket, I instead rated the app lower.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As of about 12:30 MST I'm able to get into the game again.
  • pretti wrote:
    So based on the replies, it happens over wi-fi, not over wi-fi, and to PC Steam users that are hardwired. So it must be the game, whether its too many simultaneous connections or something. I do see the game periodically checks the servers, like when entering or exiting an event, because that is when it loses connection. I'm surprised there hasn't been multiple tickets opened for this as it seems to be a common occurrence. Well, i'm not opening a ticket, I instead rated the app lower.

I thought something was wrong with my phone so I did everything to try and fix it. Then I thought it was the game so I un-installed it and lost all my game data. I've submitted a ticket for it though. I'll post the reply I get when I get a response and see what they will do about it.
  • I reported the same problem last night at around 10pm cat and I am still having the same problem with check internet connection!! Fix your frigging game this is ****!! I've lost valuable time in pve and pvp bcoz of your issues you have. Fix it and make things right.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What makes this message even more annoying is that multiple times it's not my internet connection. When creating the game, were they so confident that they said, "Our servers and game will be perfect, so if it can't connect then it's the user's fault. Tell them to check their internet"?

Is it so hard to check for an IP address? And then have some message like "Unable to connect to Servers". Instead of assuming it's the user's fault! icon_mad.gif

The servers are clearly a real problem (still happening), that is still affecting a percentage of the player base!

Angry rant over....
  • It's doing it again, same time as the last two days only this time I'm unshielded ... Lovely. Obviously my internet connection is fine since I'm posting this now. Grr.
  • I open the game, get we cannot connect to FB, then straight to a Comm Link Disrupted screen.
  • When I'm lucky enough to go past the "Check your internet connection" message, I receive a "Can't login to Facebook" message, then all events are gone and my alliance windows (chat and all) are empty.
  • slycookies wrote:
    I open the game, get we cannot connect to FB, then straight to a Comm Link Disrupted screen.

Im having the exact same problem
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is happening on my S5 as well. Today and yesterday around the same time, I suddenly get disconnected. Disabling wireless and reloading the game do nothing. It came back up after a few minutes yesterday. Just now it said I lost connection to Facebook, and when I tried to reconnect it, the "comm link" message came back.
  • dreamwanderings
    Options
    Sometimes cannot connect, when I can no mission is available.
  • It opened up and gave me my alliance rewards from
    last night, then took them all away icon_e_sad.gif

What do I do
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there going to be an official response?... or just the hope and pray it magically fixes itself response?
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Same issue for android although the screen loads but the pvps aren't there only prologue
  • I was having the problem where it said "Error logging on to Facebook" and then it sent me to the Comm Link Page. I was then able to connect but my alliance chat wasn't there nor were my the PVP events. Only the main story line. I had the option of starting a new alliance... I closed the application (double tap home screen on iPhone and swipe up) and then re-opened 2 minutes later. Everything was back to normal. My alliance was there and my PVP events as well. Hope this works for you guys too.