Behind the Scenes of a Ragequit : Arktos

Options

Comments

• Oh arktos can u quit like today?? That would be awesome.

So what if I'm grinding this pve? I'm not moaning about it. I don't play pve anymore. I'm under contract with django to play 1 a year or they put things in my bum.

Actually I have my reasons for playing this pve and believe it or not its got nothing to do with the covers muhahahaha

P.s.

I will miss your french face and lack of humour.
  • Congrats. You will only feel better about this decision with every passing day.
  • So what if I'm grinding this pve? I'm not moaning about it. I don't play pve anymore. I'm under contract with django to play 1 a year or they put things in my bum.

Actually I have my reasons for playing this pve and believe it or not its got nothing to do with the covers muhahahaha

lol what a hypocrit you can be icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Between goons feeding optimal tiles to Doom/Mystique/Hood/etc, the game refusing to even put tiles I need on the board while at the same time they simply drop in for for the AI, the rapid fire new character release rate, victory or loss decided by the 4th turn "Normal" encounters, I too think I am done with this game.
    This is not PUZZLE QUEST, every Puzzle quest I've played has had a story with an ending, items, weapons, armor you can build upgrade sell. This is just a generic match 3 with a Marvel license. No more, no less.
    I've only been playing for ~110 days and bought a couple HP bundles and I'm already burned out.
  • "I can't top this pve so I'm not getting a maxed 4* Thor as fast as other people, and if I'm not getting everything I want at all times, I'm leaving"

You don't need every character in the game maxed. You don't need to top 5 every event. You don't need to be in a top 10 alliance.

This is a game. If you're not having fun playing then stop, but don't type up a manifesto about how unfair it is that you don't get to be the king all the time. Just uninstall the app and go do something else.
  • Deathclaw
    Options
    Part of the problem is that everyone is complaining that they love the game too much. They want all the characters. They want to compete at the top levels all the time. Too many people like the game, and it drives the competition to crazy levels. If i'm a publisher, i'm not seeing any of this as a problem with the game.
  • You guys still operate under the assumption that D3 intends for top guys to have all characters maxed, and to constantly have the very best team available to them at the snap of their fingers.

So what if the game swell up to have 1000 characters and people have to choose and pick which ones they want to have maxed. Maybe we'll eventually get to a point where compositions that actually counter guys like xforce are possible. Maybe we get to a point where you look at a node and go "Hmm, I'm gonna use this guy....and maybe this one, to counter that skill", instead of just using the same team over and over.
  • I dunno, I have been pretty busy last few days and been hitting refreshes ~when I have time~ and pretty sure I have no chance to get a lady thor unless I keep fighting for it till the very end. I also am torn between the two paths, take advantage of the sale and double down, or cut the addiction and walk away.

Wanting to do well at the game makes it a terribly stressful time consuming game. Not caring about doing well makes it a a silly match three game and you start to realize how seriously you have been taking it and makes you feel terrible about losing sleep over something so trivial.
  • ark123 wrote:
    "I can't top this pve so I'm not getting a maxed 4* Thor as fast as other people, and if I'm not getting everything I want at all times, I'm leaving"

You don't need every character in the game maxed. You don't need to top 5 every event. You don't need to be in a top 10 alliance.

This is a game. If you're not having fun playing then stop, but don't type up a manifesto about how unfair it is that you don't get to be the king all the time. Just uninstall the app and go do something else.

This was not the point, and you just made your own interpretation. If I wanted to be a King (without a crown), I would be in X-Men and placing 1st in each PvP. Which is not the case.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    This is a game. If you're not having fun playing then stop, but don't type up a manifesto about how unfair it is that you don't get to be the king all the time.

He's not complaining he doesn't get to be king. He's stating that this event is merely the latest in a long chain of events that is leading everyone directly into burn-out and is, quite probably knowingly, preying on the health and well-being of addicts at the top of the game. It's the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, so completely in-line with arktos's vocal position on these forums, he is following others in making a statement out of his 'rage quit'...
  • Where's the actual rage quit? I remember seeing a rage quit video on youtube where all the 166 characters were deleted. Now that's what I call a real rage quit.
  • Where's the actual rage quit? I remember seeing a rage quit video on youtube where all the 166 characters were deleted. Now that's what I call a real rage quit.

It would be stupid to throw that much money, and I stated I would sell my account. I'm not a kid who will break a toy in anger.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Where's the actual rage quit? I remember seeing a rage quit video on youtube where all the 166 characters were deleted. Now that's what I call a real rage quit.

It would be stupid to throw that much money, and I stated I would sell my account. I'm not a kid who will break a toy in anger.

But you've already thrown away all that money. There's no way in hell you'll come close to recuperating the money you've spent on MPQ. You'll be lucky if someone offers you $100 for a mobile game account.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Where's the actual rage quit? I remember seeing a rage quit video on youtube where all the 166 characters were deleted. Now that's what I call a real rage quit.

But you've already thrown away all that money. There's no way in hell you'll come close to recuperating the money you've spent on MPQ. You'll be lucky if someone offers you $100 for a mobile game account.

So that's why I should delete the whole thing ?

What kind of guy are you to make such a statement ?
  • LOL at this thread.

All I read is a vet who has literally everything, crying about how he/she can't have absolutely everything. We are supposed to care? Move over for the next robot to take over. It happens.

Sounds like you are more angry at yourself for finally realizing how much time and resources you have thrown into a digital game.
  • This is a post about how Arktos feels. Who are we to tell him that his feelings are wrong?
    Half the replies here are "I think differently, lol, you're wrong."
    This saddens me.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    This is a post about how Arktos feels. Who are we to tell him that his feelings are wrong?
    Half the replies here are "I think differently, lol, you're wrong."
    This saddens me.

When you post in a message board you're asking for feedback. What were you expecting, a dozen posts saying "K bye"?

People are free to post whatever they think. And if you were expecting people to go "omg so unfair to see him not placing well with his dozens of maxed characters and triplicate top 5 characters", I don't know what to tell you. The vast majority of players are working on their first 166.
  • ark123 wrote:

When you post in a message board you're asking for feedback. What were you expecting, a dozen posts saying "K bye"?

People are free to post whatever they think. And if you were expecting people to go "omg so unfair to see him not placing well with his dozens of maxed characters and triplicate top 5 characters", I don't know what to tell you. The vast majority of players are working on their first 166.

I never asked for empathy or compassion.

But your last post says it all.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If ur planning to find a new game, i recommend DOTA 2. Dynamic gameplay,pure skill, no money required,playable online/offline, a true E-Sport game icon_e_wink.gif
    Remember this, game is for fun and never ever put money on an F2P games man.
    Merry Christmas.cheers.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope you take a day or two and reconsider. Play casually for a while and try to rekindle the love. If not I am sure you will be missed here and in game. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.