Behind the Scenes of a Ragequit : Arktos

Options

Comments

• Well I've had 2 nights of 8 hours sleep and still top 2 or 3 in an early and competitive bracket. Top 5 static as we are all playing the same way.

You just need to "play harder" while awake arktos icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Unless youre in a death bracket with locked or sham who doesnt sleep, you dont need to stay up to grind. I find it unlikely that any one bracket has 5 ppl who dont sleep, so the requirements are "just" grinding 2.5 hours during the day, which is pretty par for the course.

I joined the PvE with 14 hours left on the sub, to avoid the Hard Core grinders.

The Top 5 I am in is the same since yesterday, which proves the guys there are not sleeping either. Many guys tell the same thing.

That doesnt mean that they arent sleeping. A ton of people are grinding 3x before sleeping and youd see the exact same behavior of top 5 not changing.
  • Also,django are top 10???

Sweet icon_e_wink.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    You need top 10 for all ladythor covers given last seasons reward. Top 50 counting this seasons reward: you would just buy the rest of the covers so i dont get the complaining: top 50 seems pretty doable even without grinding every refresh.

I'm not complaining about this PvE in particuliar, but with the situation which started with the anniversary. And this is what I explained in my OP.

I dont see how the situation is even that bad for you. Given your roster, im assuming that you can basically buy whatever you want. If that is true, then you just need one of each covers color, which should be trivial to earn if youre in a top 100 alliance given the pvp and pve release tournaments.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this game really allow you to sell accounts openly over it's forums? Any competitive online game I've played would ban people for this. It's good to know if allowed since I'll do the same when my time comes.

On topic:

Sorry to see you go. I don't fully agree with your reasoning but ultimately it comes down to how you feel so there's no reason to try and convince you.

I will say that I'm among the long time players who actually like all the new characters. It keeps things fresh and exciting for me. It also creates a problem with focused cover rewards and roster slots that I believe need to be addressed. The game isn't perfect and never has been but I'm still in favour of frequent new characters.

As for being 'forced' to play endlessly to compete. That's a pressure you place solely on yourself. You aren't required to go all out on every event. Thor will find her way into the 1300 prog rewards in due time. You'll be able to get her covers relatively easy then and without having to play insane hours. Some of us can obtain those points in less than 4 hours of play. You'll be without the new character for maybe 2 months longer than other people who aren't going to pay for her covers. In the long run this isn't a big deal. The game doesn't require that you have it's shiny new things asap. That's a pressure you've put on yourself. Scale things back, get some sleep again, you'll have your new characters *** and **** eventually.
  • Also,django are top 10???

Sweet icon_e_wink.gif

And you are the biggest grinder on that PvE. Even sweeter.
  • babinro wrote:
    Does this game really allow you to sell accounts openly over it's forums? Any competitive online game I've played would ban people for this. It's good to know if allowed since I'll do the same when my time comes.

On topic:

Sorry to see you go. I don't fully agree with your reasoning but ultimately it comes down to how you feel so there's no reason to try and convince you.

I will say that I'm among the long time players who actually like all the new characters. It keeps things fresh and exciting for me. It also creates a problem with focused cover rewards and roster slots that I believe need to be addressed. The game isn't perfect and never has been but I'm still in favour of frequent new characters.

As for being 'forced' to play endlessly to compete. That's a pressure you place solely on yourself. You aren't required to go all out on every event. Thor will find her way into the 1300 prog rewards in due time. You'll be able to get her covers relatively easy then and without having to play insane hours. Some of us can obtain those points in less than 4 hours of play. You'll be without the new character for maybe 2 months longer than other people who aren't going to pay for her covers. In the long run this isn't a big deal. The game doesn't require that you have it's shiny new things asap. That's a pressure you've put on yourself. Scale things back, get some sleep again, you'll have your new characters *** and **** eventually.

Ask the guys including the one who upvoted you, how they are grinding this PvE.

This is so ironical that TheUnwiseOne thumbs you up for your comment (which is absolutely true by the way).
  • PVE is, and has always been, horseshit.

They released the gauntlet the first time and I was like "Oh my god, they finally realized the error of their ways. Now we can actually play when we have time and won't be punished for not being attached to our phone"

Nope.

D3 is a soul sucking company. I used to be full fledged addicted.

Now I play, at most, 1 or 2 hours a day.
    I play PVPs, so I typically have 1 day between PVPs that I don't play the game at all, which feels soooo good.
  • onimus wrote:
    PVE is, and has always been, tinykitty.

They released the gauntlet the first time and I was like "Oh my god, they finally realized the error of their ways. Now we can actually play when we have time and won't be punished for not being attached to our phone"

Scaling was so bad for me on the Gauntlet that I could not go through the 3 sub...

The most loyal customers are continuously slapped in the face. This is a first in my life.
  • onimus wrote:

Nope.

D3 is a soul sucking company. I used to be full fledged addicted.

Now I play, at most, 1 or 2 hours a day.
    I play PVPs, so I typically have 1 day between PVPs that I don't play the game at all, which feels soooo good.
    Whatever happened to the countless threads saying "for the love of god just release old story chapters as additions to the prologue"

Did we finally give up and decide that they just don't like good ideas
  • Unless you're extremely lucky there's always a guy and often more than one guy who barely sleeps on any event where it is impossible to create separation on the enemy nodes, which is pretty much anything that isn't Unstable Isotope, Simulator Basic, or a Heroic Jugg/Venom. The nodes on Rocket & Groot is simply way too easy for anything but grinding to be the deciding factor.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Okay guys, the time has come for me to ragequit also. It will be just another veteran to leave the game.

This Lady Thor PvE made me realize that you can't compete if you want a life. Now you MUST NOT sleep. How far are they going to go ???

Since the Anniversary, the pace has been terrible and as time passes, the more this game is requiring, making it the experience close to slavery.

Two weeks ago, I started reading Marvel Comics and I enjoy that much more than playing a game that takes me for a fool and cash machine.

I voiced my opinion out throughout the forum, so people know why I quit.

I am sick of the hypocrisy. The latest Q&A discussion was a joke. "Why are there so many characters released ? == Because the devs enjoy them". I feel insulted when I read this, considering the time and money is needed to max characters. Now we know David truly is integrated to D3P.

So, I'm going to hand my account over. For those who know, that's the biggest roster in game, and it's a once of a lifetime opportunity for a Hard Core Player.

Here is the list :

All characters maxed (from 1* to 4*) and some maxed duplicates :

2 additional Hoods (for a total of 3)

1 additional maxed of :

Psylocke
    Human Torch
    Sentry
    Cmag
    Deadpool
    Falcon
    OBW

Fully covered (all covers) additional of :

Venom
    Juggernaut
    Storm 1*
    Storm 2*
    Ares
    Daken 3*
    Fury

And some more characters that are close to be fully covered :

Colossus
    Captain Marvel
    Invisible Woman
    Devil Dino

A total of 80 slots.

Until this roster finds a good home, I will keep on playing so that the new characters are maxed as usual.

You can pm for details, and considering the amount of money I have spent, I will ask for a compensation.

Thank you for your interest.

One last word : Shame on you D3 to abuse your customers this way just because they are addicted. I've never seen anything like it, and hope I will never see it.

EDIT : For those who would want the roster, and would like more duplicates maxed, the sales could help, so please contact me before the end of the sales.

Don't know why you'd change your play style for this event.

Buybye!!

In all seriousness top 50 isn't hard at all, if you really want top 10 or top 5 in competitive pve you've always had to play optimally. Just in this case there are 10 times the number of people doing it.

Why don't you treat this like every other character you've done before? Get 1 of each cover, buy the rest and buy iso to max?

And sleep at night
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    onimus wrote:

Scaling was so bad for me on the Gauntlet that I could not go through the 3 sub...

The most loyal customers are continuously slapped in the face. This is a first in my life.

Did you try to think about what you were doing wrong? Half of the third wing was 395 for a ton of people. I cleared them all without any boosts and only died a handful of times. That event is designed as a non-grindy challenge - the perfect end game event that doesn't mess with your sleep style. The rewards suck for people who can actually do it but maybe that'll change in the future
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    onimus wrote:

Did you try to think about what you were doing wrong? Half of the third wing was 395 for a ton of people. I cleared them all without any boosts and only died a handful of times. That event is designed as a non-grindy challenge - the perfect end game event that doesn't mess with your sleep style. The rewards suck for people who can actually do it but maybe that'll change in the future

If he started out with 30 or so higher level there are some nodes that are very borderline beatable near 395 in the first half. I think he got wiped out on the Blade now and if that one is at 395 you've pretty much already lost the game if The Thirst triggers when the game starts. I remember one of the essential was Daken X 2 + Patch and they were barely in Sentry-bomb range which is how I beat the node and they definitely weren't 395. Had they started out at 395 they'd be out of Sentry-bomb range and I probably would never have bothered with the node, and attaching a valuable prize to it doesn't make fighting 3 regenerating guys that pops out 3 strike tile on every green match any less stupid.

In general there's a problem of fairness of what the game considers to be 'hard' for characters with varying roster strength and sometimes even for the characters of the same roster strength. Though for this event none of that matters because the nodes aren't hard enough for anyone playing competitively so it's just a grindfest. I think events should be setup more like Simulator Basic where the difference between normal and hard is very significant and hard should not be even possible to beat it every clear. You can get top 10 in the Simulator Basic hard bracket for just doing the 3 essentials and it's not because everyone agreed to purposely avoid it. It'd just that it was so hard that even beating 3 essentials was an impressive feat and you get rewarded for it. Increasing the refresh time would help the grind too, and while I'm sure part of the worry is that if you increase it too much you'd have a lot of effective ties for first place, I'm quite confident that at the level of Simulator Basic hard, nobody's going to be clearing all of it every 4 hours on a regular basis without spending extra money.
  • LoreNYC wrote:

I refused to boost.

Boost is a bad thing. If the characters are not good enough to beat a node, then, there's a problem.

Boosts screw the game entirely.
  • LoreNYC wrote:

Don't know why you'd change your play style for this event.

Buybye!!

In all seriousness top 50 isn't hard at all, if you really want top 10 or top 5 in competitive pve you've always had to play optimally. Just in this case there are 10 times the number of people doing it.

Why don't you treat this like every other character you've done before? Get 1 of each cover, buy the rest and buy iso to max?

And sleep at night

I did not change my playstyle. I'm always Top 5/Top 10 in a PvE, depending on the cover structure.

I gave up buying everything right after release. I haven't bought Iso since June. And stopped buying covers after the PvE several months ago. Season 6 I think.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Okay guys, the time has come for me to ragequit also.
    <snip>
    Until this roster finds a good home, I will keep on playing so that the new characters are maxed as usual.

You can pm for details, and considering the amount of money I have spent, I will ask for a compensation.

Instead of a rage quit, it sounds more like a slow burn quit since you're continuing to play. icon_e_wink.gif (Just messing with you)

Gotten any offers?
    I'll give u $0.87?

I'll beat this one by double imcoin.png. Just don't spend it all in one place.
  • I've been contacted. But it's quite early, everyone is grinding the PvE right now.

The Psylocke PvP forthcoming is just a confirmation of what I said : more stress. Blade covers to be won and Blue Lady Thor...
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree with you, having a PvE like this one now and then is all right but the pace this game has had I'm honestly considering quitting a bit myself. The gauntlet was such a breath of fresh air, I honestly enjoyed the challenge and puzzle aspect of solving the harder fights and had an honest "**** yeah" moment after beating the last node left for it. Most fun this game has been. However I honestly have not had to grind that much, when i want to sleep i just do the nodes I know i can do easily like the essentials. Same thing with work and such and I'm still able to get top 10 at least (top 5 looking too hard now).

What gets me more is also the design of the nodes and the whole goons feed ap mechanic is so stupid and just annoying, unfun in general.

Game has huge potential to be a great game and not just good, if they give up on some of the cynical free to play ****. I would gladly pay for things like cosmetic changes, new animations for my favourite characters and such that others attacking me would also see if it brings down the prices of shields, roster slots and tokens.

But if you're not enjoying it any more you're doing yourself a favour, however I'd say keep the account, come back after a few months break, see whats new and see how you like it.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    agreed with OP. I actually took a vacation day off work Friday so I could keep up with the stupid 2.5hr refresh, I know, what a dumb thing to do. The way I looked at it was if I don't get 4hor then I might as well quit the game.

The game will quickly turn into 4hor vs. everybody else, making it truly P2W.

After grinding this PVE for 3.5days every refresh, not doing a single thing else, I not only feel like a complete loser but realize that this game is broken and I am burned out. I may very well soon join the OP.
This discussion has been closed.