New Rocket & Groot PVE too hard!!

Options
124»

Comments

• This event was definitely a little bit ridiculous in terms of difficulty
  • Are you guys joking.

I did this sub twice from first to last node with essentials and ended losing half BP health total. Not one health pack used.
  • I haven't had any trouble at all with Patch/OBW/Daken and subbing Daken with Rocket/Groot for the essentials. No health packs, though OBW was down to about 25% when I finished the last node.
  • i dont think its TOO hard but def its difficult.
    hated the hood fights since hes nerfed or buffed, still dunno what exactly it is. but now his yellow is a insta killer.
    and thats one of the only things i hate in this pve.
    all fights included goons and chars are feeding fights. and those are the worst.
    like before with the hood
    now the same with mystique. this is some kind of cheating and makes it some times imposible to beat those nodes. even with ap boosts its VERY difficult.

and im stillt wondering if the 4* thor/thoress/she-thor reward means that we will need her as essential in the next pve.
    it would be the same like they did as they released NF in a pve.
    and that would be horrible.
    especially for the f2p players who will just have 1 cover of her.

the idea of a new pve is amazing and i like this part. hope there will come more new storylines in the future.

"I AM GROOT"
  • Oldboy wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later. I would rather they gave out the regular 3* covers for top 100 instead of 4hor for top 50 only. They're not being generous with the current ranking rewards because rank 51 to 100 will only be getting 2* marvel where previously they would have gotten 1 3* cover. I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Also 4hor will be needed as Essential for next pve which is giving out Gamora, another new character that will become Essential in the following PVE. Since the rewards only give 4hor to t50, it means more people getting screwed over in the next 2 PVEs

Add to that a cheap move like Hood being fed yellow for his new Twin Pistols just makes it frustrating and not fun. That's like facing juggernaut being fed red and green by goons

And... so far the new story consists of Rocket and Groot landing on Earth and ... Oh wait. That's all really

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later.
    I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Then why do you even care? Does it offend you that Okin had a good point? Or are you just naturally argumentative?
    I have an idea, find a ridiculously unimportant post and go complain about it.....
    Oh right.... You did.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later. I would rather they gave out the regular 3* covers for top 100 instead of 4hor for top 50 only. They're not being generous with the current ranking rewards because rank 51 to 100 will only be getting 2* marvel where previously they would have gotten 1 3* cover. I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Also 4hor will be needed as Essential for next pve which is giving out Gamora, another new character that will become Essential in the following PVE. Since the rewards only give 4hor to t50, it means more people getting screwed over in the next 2 PVEs

Add to that a cheap move like Hood being fed yellow for his new Twin Pistols just makes it frustrating and not fun. That's like facing juggernaut being fed red and green by goons

And... so far the new story consists of Rocket and Groot landing on Earth and ... Oh wait. That's all really

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later.
    I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Then why do you even care? Does it offend you that Okin had a good point? Or are you just naturally argumentative?
    I have an idea, find a ridiculously unimportant post and go complain about it.....
    Oh right.... You did.

Harsh. Okin stated his pov and i respect it. I gave mine as an opposite view and my reasons for it. If you don't agree with it, that's fine.

Your last statement is ironic since you yourself did what you claimed i did.
  • The nodes themselves aren't THAT hard (I can get by with a few boosts). The hard part is placing anywhere above #200 while maintaining a normal work/sleep schedule. I made top 50 in Thick as Thieves with relatively little effort. But I guess with the rewards being 4-Thor covers... no one has any chance unless they're willing to grind 24/7. I tried, too; started off the second sub at rank #51, then went to sleep and woke up rank #375. This is hopeless for anyone who has to do more than play with their phone all day.
  • I find Rocket and Grrot pretty easy, and I just have 2*'s. Just use OBW and Wolverine. If you can't boost pink and blue enough to dismiss all the countdowns, the switch to Wolverine to take damage and yellow him back to health. Groot can take absorb damage too. Just keep OBW alive and there is no issue. Rotate Hawkeye in and let groot rest for the goon-only fights. This morning alone I've played for 4 hours straight clearing all nodes and have 3 health packs left, all nodes have 6 hrs on timer.
  • sekani wrote:
    The nodes themselves aren't THAT hard (I can get by with a few boosts). The hard part is placing anywhere above #200 while maintaining a normal work/sleep schedule. I made top 50 in Thick as Thieves with relatively little effort. But I guess with the rewards being 4-Thor covers... no one has any chance unless they're willing to grind 24/7. I tried, too; started off the second sub at rank #51, then went to sleep and woke up rank #375. This is hopeless for anyone who has to do more than play with their phone all day.

Yep, I play maybe 3-4 times a day and I've been about 600th in all my sub-events. Maybe 200ish in the main. I don't even want the Lady Thor (I'd probably just sell her to avoid having to buy a new roster slot), I just want a new cover out of the event. It sucks that we can't even get that without hardcore grinding. :/
  • This is a perfect example of "be careful what you wish for." Everyone was **** about constantly facing the Dark Avengers so instead they focus on Hood (yea he was in some PVEs before but, for the most part isn't a constant presence like Venom/Juggs/Ares), Mystique and Doom. Isn't that what people wanted, variety and to face other villains?

That being said, there were some things that were still stupid like goons that don't have black abilities feeding black.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    This is a perfect example of "be careful what you wish for." Everyone was **** about constantly facing the Dark Avengers so instead they focus on Hood (yea he was in some PVEs before but, for the most part isn't a constant presence like Venom/Juggs/Ares), Mystique and Doom. Isn't that what people wanted, variety and to face other villains?

That being said, there were some things that were still stupid like goons that don't have black abilities feeding black.

Every node in the 3rd sub had Doom and/or Mystique being fed AP. In the rounds where I managed to take out the goon quickly, those two became considerably weaker.

I didn't play the first two subs, and really don't plan on playing the next one either, unless they decide to actually post Gamora's abilities and how they scale with covers, AND it reads like a character worth getting. I'm highly doubtful any of that will happen.