New Rocket & Groot PVE too hard!!

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I give up on the terminal hood node. There;s only so much you can do when he gets a move that can even one shot hulk. every other turn.

Starting before you probably even get enough ap to get a single move off, because of the ap steal. (at 4 ap a turn+ap steal)
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dunno I have been having good luck with CStorm, mMag, mHawkeye and +3 blue/purple, two purple matches, launch polarity shift, farm blue, speed shot activated, wind storm to stun/down hood, two moves speed shot, finish remaining. Maybe throw in a hawkeye/magneto red and more wind storms. #grind
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My second last node is 140 hood, last node is 177. So might not work if higher levels.
  • Spoit
    Options
    chaos01 wrote:
    My second last node is 140 hood, last node is 177. So might not work if higher levels.
    Yeah mine is 263. Above the point where a single power can take him out. If I tried 2 star.png a they'd be killed by match fame alone
  • Spoit wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:
    Yeah mine is 263. Above the point where a single power can take him out. If I tried 2 star.png a they'd be killed by match fame alone
    263 is brutal but I did cleared 270 Magneto + Hood node in ToT with my 94 roster like... 3 times. There by killing Magneto and then nearly dying to match damage, here I still see a team with stunner dealing with him. oBW + Storm + MNM, boost Blue/Purple, hope for board with at least 2 purple matches (Hood ignores them), once you get it it's easy.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Nivrax wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:
    263 is brutal but I did cleared 270 Magneto + Hood node in ToT with my 94 roster like... 3 times. There by killing Magneto and then nearly dying to match damage, here I still see a team with stunner dealing with him. oBW + Storm + MNM, boost Blue/Purple, hope for board with at least 2 purple matches (Hood ignores them), once you get it it's easy.
    You don't run out of matches? When tried using Hawkeye c storm and mags for the easy nodded during last event the bread was usually pretty dry of both blue and pepper after the first cast
  • I don't run Hawkeye. As much as he seems perfect for this duo, his Speed Shots is clearing Purple that you need to continue, I found him killing me by stopping my engine on the overleveled nodes. Having oBW steal some Purple back is more useful, as well as getting strong match damage on Black. With proper cascades with Polarity Shift (Ls and Crosses are better than straight lines) and 4 turns of stuns more often than not you should end up with enough AP for Polarity or either of Storm skills, also you can run cheap TUs like Juggs green for shakeup or stun as emergency.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I'm still skeptical. You need to average 3 people matches every 4 turns, right? I could see maybe pulling it off twice, but the or four times?

Because if you're stunning hood, the muscles will get so many strikes out that a single match will one shot you(though at 100 tile damage, you're at like 10 matches before being killed by match damage anyway)
  • Spoit wrote:
    I'm still skeptical. You need to average 3 people matches every 4 turns, right? I could see maybe pulling it off twice, but the or four times?
    Because if you're stunning hood, the muscles will get so many strikes out that a single match will one shot you(though at 100 tile damage, you're at like 10 matches before being killed by match damage anyway)
    Strike tiles doesn't matter unless you see that they get a match by CD tile disappearing (or Tommy gun ofc, but that's wipe with 0 enemystrike.png), and you can clear some of them by making match-4 in line with yellow cds. TaT had 2 nodes that consisted of 300+ goons that actually one shot with every CD and I had no problem going 'infinite' clearing them, boosting p/b ofc since otherwise it's dicey starting things off. I've died maybe once and cleared each of those at least 10 times. Hood have much worse start (purely luck based tbh) but once you start it it's rare that you won't be able to restun, recascade or make it rain.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I've lost multiple times this sub using lcap to skyfalls with those strikes. And he had better children controland can usually take like two hits
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My feeling is once you figure out a team to beat the harder nodes you are good to go. I have used Hulk Patch Falcon for the hood and goon nodes. I boost green and blue and need a health pack on one of the 2. I just match green to BR and look to match out hood and the goons. Overall these nodes have been hard but not heroic hard. If you needed someone who required 12apfor a big ability hood levels will be awful. Also the new twin pistols is nasty when buffed. Hood deals real damage now especially with muscle strike tiles out. My recommendation is kill hood then deal with the muscle
  • racanrpa
    Options
    While i do believe that the hood+goons nodes are extremly hard, i also think people think they deserved to win even if they're are newbies... I remember when i start playing (yeah, I sound like an old man "back in my days..." icon_e_biggrin.gif ), when i tryed my first pve, i could only do the goons nodes, because they don t match tiles. I fought lvls 70-100 with my 40ish 1*. But i think that s ok. Every game must have a progression curve. I did those nodes to grind iso and upgrade my characters. I didn t hope to rank well, beacuse i had a low roster. What i mean is, with 1* to 2* transition it's virtually gone, if you have a 50ish lvl 2* roster, you can t expect to clear all nodes easily, or even at all
  • Spoit
    Options
    racanrpa wrote:
    While i do believe that the hood+goons nodes are extremly hard, i also think people think they deserved to win even if they're are newbies... I remember when i start playing (yeah, I sound like an old man "back in my days..." icon_e_biggrin.gif ), when i tryed my first pve, i could only do the goons nodes, because they don t match tiles. I fought lvls 70-100 with my 40ish 1*. But i think that s ok. Every game must have a progression curve. I did those nodes to grind iso and upgrade my characters. I didn t hope to rank well, beacuse i had a low roster. What i mean is, with 1* to 2* transition it's virtually gone, if you have a 50ish lvl 2* roster, you can t expect to clear all nodes easily, or even at all
    Have you been played in the last, like, half a year? The scaling is getting crazy. 2* people with the required chatty have such an advantage it's not even funny. Diet one they aren't a anchor adding your feet making you fight ensures twice your level essentially 2v3
  • the problem is not hard < A luck game doesn't request lot of skill. It is not hard but just you are not luck enough

the problem is extreme boring....replay same mission 100 times is boring
  • I find it cheap, but not hard. I had to boost A LOT to do well in TaT. In this PVE, it hasn't been quite as bad. Hood or Juggernaut aren't as bad of a combo as Ares, Rags, and Venom, IMO.

This second sub is more interesting and mostly more enjoyable, minus the occasional Shapeshift/Masterstroke combo.
  • Spoit
    Options
    altlover85 wrote:
    I find it cheap, but not hard. I had to boost A LOT to do well in TaT. In this PVE, it hasn't been quite as bad. Hood or Juggernaut aren't as bad of a combo as Ares, Rags, and Venom, IMO.

This second sub is more interesting and mostly more enjoyable, minus the occasional Shapeshift/Masterstroke combo.
    Even that is better, since TP was one shotting non LT-health level characters by the end ANYWAY
  • The second sub is like a nice relaxed, if lengthy, stroll in the park by comparison. I'm sure it'll be deathly dull by the 14th time I've repeated it (or more, depending on the grind at the end) though.

MPQ devs... please, please look at the refresh timings. Spending 25m (thats how long the sub takes approx) playing MPQ every 2.5 hours is a huge chunk of anyone's life and interferes with home and work schedules massively.

Yeah, you could say "you don't have to grind every 2.5 hours" but as the 2nd individual cover is limited to top 10... well, you do if you want the (3rd best) prize. Even keeping up a 2.5 grind with 4 hours sleep last night I'm only 14th. It's really not healthy.
  • MPQ devs... please, please look at the refresh timings. Spending 25m (thats how long the sub takes approx) playing MPQ every 2.5 hours is a huge chunk of anyone's life and interferes with home and work schedules massively.

And the number of people grinding has gone through the roof. This is the first event I am doing so since the rubber band changed to 10K. I have always been quite happy to finish each sub about 12K down on the global sub leader but that just not going to cut it with all the high end PvP alliances throwing their hats into the ring this event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    And the number of people grinding has gone through the roof. This is the first event I am doing so since the rubber band changed to 10K. I have always been quite happy to finish each sub about 12K down on the global sub leader but that just not going to cut it with all the high end PvP alliances throwing their hats into the ring this event.
    Yeah, everybody wants 3 Thor covers, this is the mother of all grinds.
  • racanrpa
    racanrpa Posts: 32
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    racanrpa wrote:
    Have you been played in the last, like, half a year? The scaling is getting crazy. 2* people with the required chatty have such an advantage it's not even funny. Diet one they aren't a anchor adding your feet making you fight ensures twice your level essentially 2v3
    Yeah, i,ve be en playing almost a year now, every day. And what you say just reafirm what i as saying. The game is becoming more newcomers friendly. That gives the asumption that everybody must win every node easily, with minimum damage. Speaking only fot myself, i like The challenge that some pve gives. But i still think that puting a carácter with a nuke power with goons feeding him is a little over the top