New Rocket & Groot PVE too hard!!

Options

Comments

• MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later. I would rather they gave out the regular 3* covers for top 100 instead of 4hor for top 50 only. They're not being generous with the current ranking rewards because rank 51 to 100 will only be getting 2* marvel where previously they would have gotten 1 3* cover. I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Also 4hor will be needed as Essential for next pve which is giving out Gamora, another new character that will become Essential in the following PVE. Since the rewards only give 4hor to t50, it means more people getting screwed over in the next 2 PVEs

Add to that a cheap move like Hood being fed yellow for his new Twin Pistols just makes it frustrating and not fun. That's like facing juggernaut being fed red and green by goons

And... so far the new story consists of Rocket and Groot landing on Earth and ... Oh wait. That's all really

51-150 is 3* Captain Marvel. Just a heads up on that
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I stand corrected on Marvel reward.

Still going to be suckydoodle when 4hor becomes essential for next pve for another new character and t51-150 have no 4hor. Hence fueling the mad grind on nodes ppl wld normally skip after a few times
  • Oldboy wrote:

Still going to be suckydoodle when 4hor becomes essential for next pve for another new character and t51-150 have no 4hor. Hence fueling the mad grind on nodes ppl wld normally skip after a few times

I don't think a 4hor PvP will happen before all 3 covers have been given out as Alliance rewards.

We got yellow for S7, we will get Red for this PvE, and Blue at the end of S8.

So that's a bit less than 2 weeks.

But it would be very early as very few people will have her maxed by then.

Oh ! I forgot ! There are sales to help maxing her.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I agree, the three final non-essential ones in the first sub are strikingly difficult. The optimal strategy is to skip them and grind the 6 remaining nodes, including essentials. For competitive masochists (like me sometimes), this is par for the course.

For the casual player, if you can't finish the nodes at least once, then you can't participate in the PVE storyline (for those that actually care to read and enjoy the storyline) and it reduces the PVE to a grind, even more than it already is. It is what it is, but I don't think the difficulty serves event positively. The argument can be made that the premiere rewards justify the difficulty, and it may for a competitive minority who end up with the rewards, but perhaps not for the rest, the majority, those who don't care about or know they won't get the rewards, and just want to enjoy the story and some casual play. I wouldn't blame them for bowing out and enjoying life. But, I don't see that as any sort of positive for the game overall.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.
    hahaha. "giving out"? "have some 4 star covers" yea because top 25 out of 1000 spots, in a an average bracket of the grinders, no lifers and maxed out players all fighting for highly sought after covers is SO easy. icon_lol.gif

You sound like a battered pet, so happy to not get kicked, a 2-mile game of fetch feels like a rare treat...
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

I don't think a 4hor PvP will happen before all 3 covers have been given out as Alliance rewards.

We got yellow for S7, we will get Red for this PvE, and Blue at the end of S8.

So that's a bit less than 2 weeks.

But it would be very early as very few people will have her maxed by then.

Oh ! I forgot ! There are sales to help maxing her.

Probably not PVP but i can see it happening for the next PVE. I remember there was a PVE with Fury as an essential. This was less than 6 months ago. In fact i can see Marvel AND 4hor as essentials for next PVE.
  • Oldboy wrote:

I thought we where arguing that this PVE is too hard, like the OP has said. I threw in the fact that, unlike other PVEs, this one has more generous rank rewards. Maybe this is a "gift" for Thanksgiving and to make up for some of the scaling of the event. Imho, the difficulty is not any different from the rest of the PVEs I've played.

If you want to talk about the rewards and how they rotate, that is another issue. But since you brought it up, I too think it sucks. I have characters sitting at 7 covers for way too long (LThor, Cmags, Punisher, Patch). Many of them are out of rotation for over a month. Many others have not had an event in forever (Sentry for example). Rotation sucks in every way and I really hope they do something about it.

Returning to the topic, I think this PVE is a pleasant change from w/e we have been doing lately. Don't be too harsh or they will go back to their "Same old same old" routine we where used to. I'd like them to bring more new stuff soon (And not only characters please).
    Okin107 wrote:

hahaha. "giving out"? "have some 4 star covers" yea because top 25 out of 1000 spots, in a an average bracket of the grinders, no lifers and maxed out players all fighting for highly sought after covers is SO easy. icon_lol.gif

You sound like a battered pet, so happy to not get kicked, a 2-mile game of fetch feels like a rare treat...

I guess some people will be negative for the sake of being negative!

I don't know if you have been playing this game for long, but considering what has been going on the past year, this is actually an improvement. Maybe you don't consider it as such because you compare the game with your imaginary expectations and not the "What it actually was before this".

Again, the topic was about how difficult the event is. I don't see anywhere in your post facts about how this specific PVE is hard. What you do is state some general issues that you have read around the forums and you so badly sum up in your post for the sake of being negative for no apparent reason.

If I understood right, this is not another topic to discuss how PVE sucks, but to talk about Rocket & Groot PVE and compare it with the rest of the PVEs we have played. Having said that, I find this PVE fairly better than the rest.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I'll try to be balanced:

Like:
    New content
    Appreciate being challenged. Hard is sometimes refreshing
    Thor cover rewards
    More cover availability in general

I think all of the above add a little excitement and not the same stale thing

Dislike:
    Have to agree with the person who said it's lazy event design. Same villain plus goon feeders every single node
    I might add a dislike later because I have a feeling it's about to get way too hard
  • Yeah the same enemies over 10/whatever nodes seems very lazy, sorry. I appreciate the new writing (though I think, considering the amount of new characters released all the time, that the level of "new" content wrt to levels/writing is really low) but I have basically done one complete clear and gone "nope, never doing those last nodes again, I prefer to enjoy my spare time", 50% through the boredom I'll have from facing those same enemies over and over again and 50% as those last few nodes in terms of difficulty, yikes.

But yeah, tick for the writing.
  • Found it challenging but reasonable up to the final node...

Getting hammered by 6.5k twin pistols in consecutive turns is not fun. Pretty much the only route I can see here is X-Force for damage / tile removal, OBW for AP drain / countdown increase and LCap for stun/damage/overwrite. As long as I can survive long enough to start chaining stuns that is.

*edit* beat it but came down to 1 man standing with 149 health left against the final goon. Not fancying much more of that tbh.
  • in the first part of the event i won the tree guy with one of each of his skills. That brought him to level 45, boosted he is level 135 now. Helps me a lot. WIthout him i couldnt beat a single node
  • I don't mean to be a ****. But how is this too hard? I'm making through 2 runs with only using 2 or 3 health packs. I just run Lazy Cap and Falcon those thugs never get a tile off. Any match over 100 lvl I just boost blue and red, and rarely get hit.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rio_D wrote:
    I don't mean to be a ****. But how is this too hard? I'm making through 2 runs with only using 2 or 3 health packs. I just run Lazy Cap and Falcon those thugs never get a tile off. Any match over 100 lvl I just boost blue and red, and rarely get hit.
    Thugs aren't a problem.
    Hood node with two yellow feeders is.
  • I guess I've not encountered that at all, sure twin pistols hurt but it mostly hits Patch for me. Or I stun Hood quickly, due to the boosted Blue. Another option is go in with a widows sting TU hit the TU tiles stun Hood for 5 turns kill him, then deal with the thugs. Easy.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone who's finished the final node (Rocket in a hard place - I think that's the name) post the post-fight dialog (maybe as spoiler text)? I've been able to handle the other nodes, but I've thrown more boosts and health packs at that one that I care to count and I'm done with it.
  • I'm not trying to downplay anyone's difficulties but I've run through all the nodes (including the last one) which out the OMG difficulty several times since it started. I must be in the sweet spot roster wise because they have been challenging but not overwhelming.

And yes when I saw the rewards I was shocked and pleased. Damn you D3! Now you'll probably see some of my money!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got kicked in twice by bloody Juggernaut and his two Muscles.
    Bad boards, sure. Full of purple and black and TU, no greens or reds and the only blue and yellow tiles were scattered around so I couldn't match them and before long Juggernaut was doing 1000 damage with every match of 3, which of course would cascade every turn.

Muscles are the most overpowered goon in the entire game. Even worse when they give you a node with two of the buggers.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Can someone who's finished the final node (Rocket in a hard place - I think that's the name) post the post-fight dialog (maybe as spoiler text)? I've been able to handle the other nodes, but I've thrown more boosts and health packs at that one that I care to count and I'm done with it.

Dialog...I'm pretty sure I copied that down correctly.
    Rocket: Yeah, you better run!
    Iron Man: I'm starting to think you should vacation here more often
    Black Widow: The Maggia cleared out along with the Hood. Show's over.
    Groot: I am Groot.
    Rocket: What he said.
    Captain America: What did he say?
    Rocket: He said it's time to party! See ya, suckers!

On the topic of difficulty. Is it hard? Sure. It's still not nearly as awful as the typical heroic is.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do D3 have a tea boy or work experience kids come up with the enemy teams? Actually strike that as I think even a blind chimp throwing darts at characters would make better enemy squads.

Having Hood double dip yellow is such a stupid idea that even Cletus down there in Texas hill country can't believe it.

There is no possible way that max CMags, Punisher and 2* Wolvie gets wiped by turn 6 or 7, not even with a bad board. Thanks to D3's amazing end time schedule I got zero Rocket and Groot covers, so am down to 3 nodes beatable. Whoop de freaking do.

Still so as not to be completely negative, ends times on this PvE look good so thanks for that.
  • Just got kicked in twice by bloody Juggernaut and his two Muscles.
    Bad boards, sure. Full of purple and black and TU, no greens or reds and the only blue and yellow tiles were scattered around so I couldn't match them and before long Juggernaut was doing 1000 damage with every match of 3, which of course would cascade every turn.

Muscles are the most overpowered goon in the entire game. Even worse when they give you a node with two of the buggers.
    Yeah that's the only node I've avoided. I know that if go for the muscles first I'll get head butted to next week. And if I go for juggs I'll be Tommy gunned into little pieces.