New Rocket & Groot PVE too hard!!

Options
Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
I was so excited to see a new story for PVE! But then I started playing. Even nodes marked 'trivial' are unbeatable with my top BOOSTED chars!!! I can only play half of the nodes in the event, and some of those take multiple tries to beat. NONE of these has a difficulty rating above 'normal' yet I can't win, even with my best chars. Who thought this was a good idea??!? To make the game unplayable??!? I thought difficulty was scaled to your roster, but clearly that is no longer the case. The only reason I'm even trying to keep playing is for my alliance. Otherwise I'm ready to chuck my iPad through the window!!! C'mon, guys, have a clue! I understand you want us to spend $$ to level up our chars, but this is ridiculous!!! I need a roster about 50 levels per character higher than I have now, in order to play this event. I don't care how greedy you are, you have to admit that's asking a bit much! Sheesh!!!!

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nah if you had a roster that was fifty levels higher the nodes would be like 100 levels higher
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is hard for everyone. I have a lot of Level 150 3* characters and I'm getting wiped by "Easy" nodes that have a lower level Hood (between 95 and 125 depending on the node) being fed yellow by goons. I have new players in my Alliance who have already stopped playing the event because they are frustrated. So it is hard for everyone, regardless of roster.

But hey, it's the first time through the event. so hopefully there will be a few adjustments. I'm just really glad there is a new story. And, as always, I find the writing to be very enjoyable. Now if I can just figure out how to get playing time during the holiday weekend and get into that Top 50...
  • 'This event is working as intended'
  • PVE is more depends on strategies than simply rush into it .

the problem is everyone doent sleep
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just to clarify - You think winning a 4 star.png God should be easier?
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    Oh it gives lady thors as rewards? Cool.
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:

This!

The rewards are higher than normal so naturally the difficulty should be adjusted as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    futongus wrote:
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Oh it gives lady thors as rewards? Cool.
    Potentially 5 covers!

OP, use + damage boosts not +ap
  • Whilst I agree that it should be harder for bigger rewards earned, after a single run through it got to the point that I cannot do the hood/goon nodes that feed him yellow so quickly, because a shot from his twin pistols on turn two or three cripples me.
    It's fine to be "harder". It's not fine to say "Here's a new PvE! New Story! Look!" and then have people miss out on parts of it because they cannot complete it.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We're all in the same boat. It's really tough, but I'd rather the game challenge my skills than my ability to reschedule my life around it.
  • All health packs are working as intended. Engage the evil laugh alarm.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:

If the 4 star.png God was part of the progression rewards, I'd agree. It'd truly be you against the game. But in this PvE, the competition is other players. Therefore in that regard, the difficulty doesn't matter since it's the same for everyone. So... Why increase it if it's going to frustrate players?
  • It's ok. I have to grind without groot covers. #lollipopguild
  • It's not that it's hard. I mean, it's hard - Hood's new Twin Shot is brutal, and boosted Juggernaut is never nice, ever.

It's that it's BORING. It's twelve nodes of the EXACT SAME THING, and that same thing is Twin Shot - Headbutt - Goon nastiness. Over and over and over again.

I wouldn't mind the difficulty if it was INTERESTING difficulty, but this basically feels mindless and cruel. It's lazy event design. Let's hope the next few subs are better, because so far, I'm only impressed with the dialogue - and we get, what, about 30 seconds of that? Woo boy.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're all in the same boat. It's really tough, but I'd rather the game challenge my skills than my ability to reschedule my life around it.
    Well, _hopefully_ we're all in the same boat.
    Not looking forward to the usual guys with 2* chars and mega-boosted featured char breezing through everything while the rest of us is trying to kill Level 300+ Hoods that are being fed yellow every friggin' turn.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kaazz wrote:
    I was so excited to see a new story for PVE! But then I started playing. Even nodes marked 'trivial' are unbeatable with my top BOOSTED chars!!! I can only play half of the nodes in the event, and some of those take multiple tries to beat. NONE of these has a difficulty rating above 'normal' yet I can't win, even with my best chars. Who thought this was a good idea??!? To make the game unplayable??!? I thought difficulty was scaled to your roster, but clearly that is no longer the case. The only reason I'm even trying to keep playing is for my alliance. Otherwise I'm ready to chuck my iPad through the window!!! C'mon, guys, have a clue! I understand you want us to spend $$ to level up our chars, but this is ridiculous!!! I need a roster about 50 levels per character higher than I have now, in order to play this event. I don't care how greedy you are, you have to admit that's asking a bit much! Sheesh!!!!
    Spoit wrote:
    Nah if you had a roster that was fifty levels higher the nodes would be like 100 levels higher
    pretty much. In PVE everyone gets it up the rear. be it lowly newb or decked out pro. Everything is working as intended.
  • Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On my very 1st or 2nd node i found a lvl300 Hood (with way smaller lvl100 goons).

And yes, having two yellow goons will make Hood cast TPistols each 8 turns; if he matches yellow or steals with Dormammu's it will be frighteningly quick. You better park Captain America this time and use fast burners.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    by Okin107 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:38 am
    Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

Well, it has some negative side; I am happy to see Thoress reward lowered so much as 50th, but I am confortably installed in a 3* roster. For the 2->3 transitioners, even if they manage to rank very high, couple 4* covers will only gather dust filling a precious roster slot, without much perspectives of getting more in midfuture UNLESS a) It will be essential for future events (I recall only Fury being essential once) or b) More 4* covers will be rewarded somehow frequently in the same way.

It all depends on the proportion of players installed in endgame and the ones transitioning; for the former, this event fits perfectly. I do not recall lately events fitting transitioners (like for example giving a good number of loki/doom/rags covers), and I feel they are receiving very few love from the game.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    Really? Even for an event like this you post negative stuff?

The event is giving out 4 Thoress covers and you can start getting them from the T50. There has never been an event that gives out so many 4* covers for placement. This is the most generous rank reward I've ever seen so far in this game. Even if this rank rewards where in a Heroic I would still be happy about the event.

I take this as "We are aware of the scaling and we are working on fixing it. In the meantime, have some more 4* covers for the inconvenience.". Adding to this that this is a new story event, I think they did pretty OK this time around.

I dont really care about the 4hor ranking reward structure. She's great to have but most players wont be able to get her covers in later events anyway until much later. I would rather they gave out the regular 3* covers for top 100 instead of 4hor for top 50 only. They're not being generous with the current ranking rewards because rank 51 to 100 will only be getting 2* marvel where previously they would have gotten 1 3* cover. I'd rather get my covers to have a fully covered 3* than a 4* with a handful of covers.

Also 4hor will be needed as Essential for next pve which is giving out Gamora, another new character that will become Essential in the following PVE. Since the rewards only give 4hor to t50, it means more people getting screwed over in the next 2 PVEs

Add to that a cheap move like Hood being fed yellow for his new Twin Pistols just makes it frustrating and not fun. That's like facing juggernaut being fed red and green by goons

And... so far the new story consists of Rocket and Groot landing on Earth and ... Oh wait. That's all really