The Simulator - Nov 11th-18th

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Is anyone else seeing erroneous "Full Points in..." timers? I last played the PVE last night, and all my nodes are floating back and forth around 10 minutes remaining?

Not this event, but I've defintely seen that happen before. I believe it is a problem with the game connecting with the servers and getting the right information. Close out the game and get back in - I think that worked for me last time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    100k was only doable in theory. I was able to do approximately 30/20 and 45/30 in the first two rounds, so 60/40 follows the pattern. Problem is one can't clear the hard sim with any reliability this time. I'm hoping to do 30k there (at around 22k now), which accounts for only being able to do maybe 1/2 the nodes in any one pass.

I'll get my mystique which is all I really wanted, but just by getting mystique I'll likely finish top 10, so 5th Falcon yellow is a happy bonus.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    100k was only doable in theory. I was able to do approximately 30/20 and 45/30 in the first two rounds, so 60/40 follows the pattern. Problem is one can't clear the hard sim with any reliability this time. I'm hoping to do 30k there (at around 22k now), which accounts for only being able to do maybe 1/2 the nodes in any one pass.

I'll get my mystique which is all I really wanted, but just by getting mystique I'll likely finish top 10, so 5th Falcon yellow is a happy bonus.

I was just under 100k yesterday and I should be able to get the Msytique cover today. I have under 10k left to go so I was able to get 50K in about 24 hours. I have spent a lot of ISO boosting to get there and was not able to start PVP yet, but once I get my Mystique it will still give me time for PVP.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was at 75K at this time yesterday and I'm currently up to 140K. I managed that just by playing the essentials every 2h24m and completing some of the high-point regular nodes. Point values are still very high so I should get the Mystique cover by lunchtime. I think 100K would have been perfectly manageable if I played a bit harder/smarter.
  • Was out of town for the weekend and the time I missed pretty much wiped out any chance of the Mystique progression for me. Unless you think I can manage to get a little over 100K tonight?
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Whelp, up to 152k. I should have that Mystique cover before she's in the Lightning Rounds. icon_e_smile.gif After that... we'll see. I have a maxxed out Falcon, so I don't need that, but it would be a shame to pass up Iso and Hero Points I've more or less already put the work into.

I snuck a peak at #1 in my bracket - they have a pretty solid 2* with only Sentry, Daken, The Hood, and X-Force over 94 (and they're just at 114.) I guess it's true that lower level players have an advantage. It makes me kind of wonder if I could have scored higher back when I had a solid level 94 roster...

Then I think of what's required (you know, not sleeping and all,) and I'm like "Nah. Not worth it."
  • Fievel wrote:
    Was out of town for the weekend and the time I missed pretty much wiped out any chance of the Mystique progression for me. Unless you think I can manage to get a little over 100K tonight?

100K in one day is probably a bit much to ask for, but I did just make my first clear of normal for 15K, so there are a lot of points out there in the normal subevent.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 2000 away from Mystique after my clear of the Normal and Hard essentials this morning. So at lunchtime I'll finally get a purple Mystique cover.

The hard nodes really are hard this round. Only a handful of people in my bracket look like they're even completing the essentials anymore. And of course, Sim 9 and 10 are more annoying because I can't use X-Force. I honestly don't know what I'd do without Lazy Cap in Hard Sim 10. Hulk - Hood - Lazy Cap is the only team that's worked for me in that node.
  • I'll have to remember not to waste my time with these anymore. All the grinding now reward points have ballooned so I'll need to fight like hell to keep a high spot for the finish.

I guess I have mystique all 3 covers. Oh well. My 16 hulk should be fun to use in the next tournament.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Only 2000 away from Mystique after my clear of the Normal and Hard essentials this morning. So at lunchtime I'll finally get a purple Mystique cover.

The hard nodes really are hard this round. Only a handful of people in my bracket look like they're even completing the essentials anymore. And of course, Sim 9 and 10 are more annoying because I can't use X-Force. I honestly don't know what I'd do without Lazy Cap in Hard Sim 10. Hulk - Hood - Lazy Cap is the only team that's worked for me in that node.

I'm using that team in pretty much all the essentials. The Hood slows them down to the point where they rarely get off the damaging powers and I just pound them with Hulk's green when I don't have Caps red and blue CDs on the board. The Hood sometimes crumples because he just tanks so much, but I can usually handle them pretty well.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just need to vent.

Effing node 5 in normal destroyed my team of Hulk/Thor/OBW.
    The multiple cascades and critical tiles generated made short work of my team that my phone went to sleep several times as I waited for the AI to finish its bonus moves and firing off powers.
    Watching over 10k of total health go down to nothing in a span of over a minute is rage-inducing and depressing.
    Wasted 3 health packs and a bunch of boosts just to take make sure I took that node.

Even though the devs say the AI doesn't cheat and the number of lucky cascades is pretty even, I've never had that many lucky cascades that go on that long to generate enough AP to power everyone on my team during this entire event.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Just got my Mystique purple, now she's 1/2/2 - still pretty useless but at least I can access all her powers. icon_e_wink.gif

Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to keep grinding. I'm currently ranked 7 in both Simulators.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Got my Mystique during lunch also, cleared 20k in the easy sub in 1.4 passes. Immediately wiped to Sentry-XForce-Doom after that trying to gain some ground there.

Only goal left is 150HP minimum from the two subs.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I did not update my phone at home over wifi and then the update came as manditory on my phone while at work. I tried to bite the bullet but my phone would not update via 4G. Finally on try number 6 it updated and I was able to get mystique over lunch. I scored over 60k since yesterday to get that cover and I was going to be pissed if I didn't get it becuase of the update. Good news is I finally got it to work and did not throw my phone in the process.
  • First PVE event in a long time that I won't reach the progression reward on, probably - that's what I get for running a training all weekend. Ah well, it's only Mystique.

*sniff*
  • Either the 3rd subs are really hard or no one in my bracket needs Yellow Falcon covers. Have jumped from 20th to 8th in the last 6 hours and am ready to put another character in the books with 13 "correct" covers (this will be #9, if only I had more iso)
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hot damn, I'm cutting this one REAL close! I need 44,000 more points for Mystique. That's a little more than 6,300/hr.
    What should I do at this point to hit 160,000? Is ever 2-hour refresh still best for me for the most points?
    Just finished a run with a single health pack remaining. Hard nodes are getting too hard now though.
  • Hot damn, I'm cutting this one REAL close! I need 44,000 more points for Mystique. That's a little more than 6,300/hr.
    What should I do at this point to hit 160,000? Is ever 2-hour refresh still best for me for the most points?
    Just finished a run with a single health pack remaining. Hard nodes are getting too hard now though.

Try to do the 3 hard essentials + all the nodes in normal whenever they're worth 100% points. If you can do more, do more. If you can't do that much, consider dropping one of the essentials from hard (most likely X Force + Sentry + Doom). Of course if there's some way you acn do all 3 essentials while dropping a node or two elsewhere that works too, but it's hard to see how that can possibly work.

If you end a fight with The Hood on a lowish HP (like 2K) after a hard essential do the normal essential first before using your health pack, since 2K is nowhere enough for hard but might be sufficient for normal, and even if The Hood is downed you can probably still pull through a normal. This lets you squeeze a bit more out of The Hood since he does need a lot of health packs to even get through the 3 hards.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Hot damn, I'm cutting this one REAL close! I need 44,000 more points for Mystique. That's a little more than 6,300/hr.

I'm well past mystique at 192k now, and my last pass through the normal nodes netted 12k. At 112k I'd assume yours is closer to 16-18k, which means three passes through the normal nodes should do it. Concentrate there, and use the hard to supplement if you have the health packs to spare.

Don't miss a node or a refresh in the normal between now and the end, and you should be fine.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm so ready for this event to be over. Am I the only one that thinks 7 days is too long for a PvE event?
    4 10 2
    2 alliance