_fulu_ wrote:
    I like the shield. My net haul was:

1 IW (MEH)
    3 spidey (75 hp)
    100 hp
    100 hp progression
    50 hp progression
    2 tokens both giving me IM40 (50HP)

375 hp which cost me 100 hp for a sound nights sleep.

Excellent

Same thing here, and did you hit 1100/1300? I got another 25 for selling the 1100 point progression, so a net of 300.

Oops..forgot about that one. Even better....muahaha
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2014
    This really helped me since I only have a decent team (75 wolvie/71 rag/43 iron man). I got to second place when no one was playing (1-3 AM). Had to use lots of boosts since I get matched w/ people with 100+ characters, and had to suffer from some -40+ hits since my team was so easy to beat (by guys with ~500-600 when i was near 1k). I shielded after hitting second with ~1k and went to bed. Woke up with top 5 icon_e_smile.gif

3 spidey covers
    100 hp reward
    100 hp progression
    50 hp progression
    -100 hp shield

net 150 hp + covers I need.
  • Got 1st in my bracket with a 100 points lead. I'm surprise it was easy to break 1k points, even saw some low tier players with 800-900 points. Spidy is now @ 1/3/4 icon_e_smile.gif.
  • I was at 1404 in the lead by 500 points when i shielded for 8 hours and went to bed. I still ended up with top 5. I think that's pretty reasonable and I only used the 100hp shield once to get it. Quite happy with the placement the shield let me attain with not playing the last 6 hours of the tourney. 2/3/3 Spidey now.

85 wolvie 85 obw and an ended up leveled to 60 IM40
  • Screenshot_2014-01-08-08-29-05_zps2b160f88.png
    This guy used a lvl77 Loki, 87 Hulk, and a lvl45 Rag to get to the top? HOW? He uses the same team in Lightning Rounds and his retaliations are instantaneous? He beats my lvl108 Rags, 115 Doom, 126 Magneto in seconds with that crummy team. Exploiting a bug?
  • Yeah, I ended up top 5. (I think #4). So, shields are definitely useful, and can potentially get you a top ranking, but don't guarantee it. I think as the next couple tournaments end, people will start to learn what point values to expect and may be 'safe' and how to best use the shields, without shielding whenever you aren't playing (though if you can afford to do that, good on you! Helps everyone longrun in a way).
  • Howler wrote:
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-08-29-05_zps2b160f88.png
    This guy used a lvl77 Loki, 87 Hulk, and a lvl45 Rag to get to the top? HOW? He uses the same team in Lightning Rounds and his retaliations are instantaneous? He beats my lvl108 Rags, 115 Doom, 126 Magneto in seconds with that crummy team. Exploiting a bug?

2k points... That's pretty crazy. icon_eek.gif
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    2263! icon_e_surprised.gif he was in my MMR, had to hit skip quite a few times, didn't feel like dealing with the hulk and his passive ability.
  • Managed to finish top 15 in my brachet, so i got the yellow/blue spiderman. Now he is 1/2/0. I wont be able to use him anytime soon, and i feel a bit bad because maybe others could have used my reward to finish their spiderman, but... yeah...

Also i've noticed something pretty bad about the shields...some people with 400-500 points being shielded, and everyone passing them in the last hour. I wonder what it would be a "safe" ammount of points to shield.
  • Managed to finish top 15 in my brachet, so i got the yellow/blue spiderman. Now he is 1/2/0. I wont be able to use him anytime soon, and i feel a bit bad because maybe others could have used my reward to finish their spiderman, but... yeah...

Also i've noticed something pretty bad about the shields...some people with 400-500 points being shielded, and everyone passing them in the last hour. I wonder what it would be a "safe" ammount of points to shield.

In my bracket somebody got to 1k points and was in first, and was shielded for the full 24 hours before tournament end, he turned out fine. I guess it depends on your bracket.
  • I am Zero wrote:
    2263! icon_e_surprised.gif he was in my MMR, had to hit skip quite a few times, didn't feel like dealing with the hulk and his passive ability.

If I'm not mistaken, they also finished first in the second Hulk event.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Howler wrote:
    Obviously Loki is actually OP.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I am Zero wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, they also finished first in the second Hulk event.

Correct
  • I put up an 8 hour shield at 12 am PST, woke up at 8 am PST and got hit for -80 (2 attacks). Tourney ended at 6AM PST so i know my shield was still good. ****? I still came in #1 so whatever but...can someone explain?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I put up an 8 hour shield at 12 am PST, woke up at 8 am PST and got hit for -80 (2 attacks). Tourney ended at 6AM PST so i know my shield was still good. ****? I still came in #1 so whatever but...can someone explain?

Could it be possible that from the time you ended your last battle until you put up the shield you got attacked twice? Maybe.
  • Double shot is buggy for me right now, I can fight people, earn points and ISO (done 2 fights , after the fights it shows my total) ...but it hasn't put me in a bracket yet after about 30 minutes. Also did not get progression reward.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I put up an 8 hour shield at 12 am PST, woke up at 8 am PST and got hit for -80 (2 attacks). Tourney ended at 6AM PST so i know my shield was still good. ****? I still came in #1 so whatever but...can someone explain?

Could it be possible that from the time you ended your last battle until you put up the shield you got attacked twice? Maybe.

Possible but unlikely, since i didnt get hit a single time while i was climbing to 1400.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

Are you certain you actually lost those points? It still shows the attacks and how much you would have lost had you not been shielded.
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Are you certain you actually lost those points? It still shows the attacks and how much you would have lost had you not been shielded.

Yes i am certain, since ive been attacked with shields before and it always says i lost 0. This time it said i lost 80.

Can't verify 100% though since i woke up after the tournament ended.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Yes i am certain, since ive been attacked with shields before and it always says i lost 0. This time it said i lost 80.

Can't verify 100% though since i woke up after the tournament ended.

Nah, when I get hit with shield it shows me how many points the attacker got off me but it's all in white and says shielded on the screen. No points lost.