Double Shot

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    I hit 1400 really easily...wow

Looks like everybody is gonna max out their wolvs and bag ladies soon

Same here. I'm shocked. I did get a few gift battles at the very top from a few forum members, so the last 100 points were much easier.
  • I'm just point of points range of the easier battles to get up that high. Still, my first time over 1k since the points crash in december. Trying to get higher this morning was tempting for the red wolv (I don't have that cover yet), but not worth risking losing the 2 spidey covers to finish him out.

Edit: I will say, I'm surprized how common the higher scores are becoming with the simple addition of shields. Even mid tier players are able to reach the higher echelons of progression rewards. That's a good sign.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    I'm just point of points range of the easier battles to get up that high. Still, my first time over 1k since the points crash in december. Trying to get higher this morning was tempting for the red wolv (I don't have that cover yet), but not worth risking losing the 2 spidey covers to finish him out.

Edit: I will say, I'm surprized how common the higher scores are becoming with the simple addition of shields. Even mid tier players are able to reach the higher echelons of progression rewards. That's a good sign.

I agree. I too pussied out on going for the red wolvie after I reached 1k and was knocked down 80 or so. Shielded and I hopefully will be okay for top 5.
  • Haha, just wasted 50 HP. Would have been shielded till the end of the tournament having 11xx points. Took a look at the scoreboard and saw some people lifting their shield and getting points again. So I fought to a score of 12xx and shieded again. Well, it turned out, that this wasn't necessary icon_e_confused.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Haha, just wasted 50 HP. Would have been shielded till the end of the tournament having 11xx points. Took a look at the scoreboard and saw some people lifting their shield and getting points again. So I fought to a score of 12xx and shieded again. Well, it turned out, that this wasn't necessary icon_e_confused.gificon_e_wink.gif

That's the point of the shield. It's kinda like hedging your bets (bet the ppl with those 50k winner 100 dollar auburn tickets wish they hedged). They get you to use/lose hp because you aren't sure. Now., if
    hings hold true it might let us push consistently near the top progress rewards...which is good. Though I know there will be pissed ppl tomorrow. I for one watched me and 3 ppl pass a shielded guy, knocking him out of top 5. Probably didn't have any clue scores would be going this high.
  • what a jip,
    was in a match when the countdown hit 0 and have received no rewards!
    is it just me or a common bug. spent too much time on this to get nothing from it! icon_mad.gif
  • bigto wrote:
    what a jip,
    was in a match when the countdown hit 0 and have received no rewards!
    is it just me or a common bug. spent too much time on this to get nothing from it! icon_mad.gif

Not sure anybody has received them yet... That or I got **** too...
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Hello, top 1! XD

Someone tried to creep past me in the last few minutes, so I fought a couple more times and blocked to make sure I couldn't slip anymore.

2ic0f9i.jpg
  • so worthy to break the shield at last minutes to gain a bit more point to reach #15 above XD
    now my spidey at 3/5/3 so should i aim the purple skill or the yellow skill?
  • my bad, got the rewards now.

got a mild complaint which I'm sure others may have brought up. but its pretty frustrating that i work up to position #16, then all my available battles only earns me like 6-15 points and people beating me are gaining 40. as a result i drop......fast. how am i supposed to keep up if i can only get 6 per battle?
  • DX_das wrote:
    so worthy to break the shield at last minutes to gain a bit more point to reach #15 above XD
    purps. 5/5/3 isn't BAD or anything though. Just got mine to 3/5/5. I really need SO much ISO right now.... 3/3/5 lvl 30 punisher, 3/5/5 lvl 69 spidey, 4/3/2 lvl 15 hulk, 4/5/1 lvl 20 hood, lvl 115 mag that I will hopefully get the last 2 covers to so I can worry about iso for that lol...list goes on.

Now I don't have to worry about the next part of the double shot...YAY.
  • Wahoo, got my last blue spidey cover, now it's time to stunlock the **** out of everybody lol
  • I was really hoping the shields would alleviate the need to be playing as the tournament ends. I got bumped out of the top 15 (even though I was well within range with 20 mins to go) and ended up selling my prize. My Spidey is still 3/0/4 icon_e_sad.gif
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    I was really hoping the shields would alleviate the need to be playing as the tournament ends. I got bumped out of the top 15 (even though I was well within range with 20 mins to go) and ended up selling my prize. My Spidey is still 3/0/4 icon_e_sad.gif

Once reach within range just like me around #15... check back the last 5 minutes and keep skip target with low point and aim someone with more than 30 points icon_mrgreen.gif
    wait the right moment then strike... you might get lucky end up with more than you wish for... now the next double shot i gonna farm till 1400 points... my bracket someone manage to reach 1400 without been attacked icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DX_das wrote:
    so worthy to break the shield at last minutes to gain a bit more point to reach #15 above XD
    purps. 5/5/3 isn't BAD or anything though. Just got mine to 3/5/5. I really need SO much ISO right now.... 3/3/5 lvl 30 punisher, 3/5/5 lvl 69 spidey, 4/3/2 lvl 15 hulk, 4/5/1 lvl 20 hood, lvl 115 mag that I will hopefully get the last 2 covers to so I can worry about iso for that lol...list goes on.

Now I don't have to worry about the next part of the double shot...YAY.

Thanks.. would keep that in mind... probably going for Yellow just as a defense for my spidey... if he manage match 9 yellow (i think when max lv5) he can keep heal back and fought back my invader icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    purple might be good against attack tile type character like wol but since i already got lv5 blue so probably they cannot attack me also with permanent lock stun icon_lol.gif
  • I managed to crawl up to 600 points this morning and get top 45 which is impressive for me. Tossed up a shield and got ready for work. Still made a HP profit. I'm liking these shields.
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    I was really hoping the shields would alleviate the need to be playing as the tournament ends. I got bumped out of the top 15 (even though I was well within range with 20 mins to go) and ended up selling my prize. My Spidey is still 3/0/4 icon_e_sad.gif

They can definitely work, I grinded last night and threw up a shield and skipped the last 11 hours of this tourney and landed in the top 5
  • I like the shield. My net haul was:

1 IW (MEH)
    3 spidey (75 hp)
    100 hp
    100 hp progression
    50 hp progression
    2 tokens both giving me IM40 (50HP)

375 hp which cost me 100 hp for a sound nights sleep.

Excellent
  • Yeah I definitely see lots of HP by all being spent on shields. Hell I shielded up 3 hrs before end even though I had nearly a 700 pt lead (1514 vs 842) over 2nd place. I think I got hit only once but I made it all back by selling extra spidey covers. Glad to get my last blue. Stun lock and max heal over 10k...oh yeah.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    I like the shield. My net haul was:

1 IW (MEH)
    3 spidey (75 hp)
    100 hp
    100 hp progression
    50 hp progression
    2 tokens both giving me IM40 (50HP)

375 hp which cost me 100 hp for a sound nights sleep.

Excellent

Same thing here, and did you hit 1100/1300? I got another 25 for selling the 1100 point progression, so a net of 300.