An Update: Alliance Roster Size Changes

Options

Comments

• Honestly, it takes just this much to shift a whole community from icon_evil.gif to icon_e_biggrin.gif . A very good job from the whole team that came up to this conclusion. I wont get any HP as I never invested any, but this announcement is enough to bring out some positive feelings. Patiently waiting for upcoming changes to the game.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW.

From giving us the Gauntlet again to the announcement of possibly new PvE formatting and timing issues to -this- announcement, I am seriously happy and not just because of refunds (and I'm not even in a position to be getting any!)!

What makes me the happiest is seeing that though we all may not see eye to eye, the community on a whole - us, other MPQers, the dev team and staff - CAN talk, discuss, debate, and come out in the end feeling like a real conversation and/or feedback session has been had.

Basically, we ARE a community here and as corny as it sounds, I'm glad I'm a part of it.
  • cmj6432
    cmj6432 Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Options
    As I cant post new posts yet, with the addition of 20 slots and the refund, I will be posting that DP3 expand the 20 slots to 22 slots but only count 20 slots for scoring. the main reason, I hate having good members leave the alliance for vacation or big job projects that they can not play. If we have 2 extra slots, members can take a break or go on vacation without leaving. I am willing to pay for the extra slots, any reasonable amount! All 22 members should get the rewards.

I will post this as a new topic once I am allowed.

cmj6432
  • so about that Roster Size charges . . . . icon_e_smile.gif

Any chance we can flatten to cost (if not removing it outright) - say 250 per slot all the way up?

They're getting ridiculously expensive considering a 2 character/month expansion
  • Idea - let us spend a big chunk of change (maybe 5000 hp?) for an unlimited roster. More up front, but less long run, and would allow us to do what we want to do.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And then, everybody joins the X-Men.
  • Deathclaw
    Options
    Wow. D3 didn't have to do this, and the fact that they not only did, but went so far in doing so, completely restores my faith.

I am beyond impressed. Every time I have had an issue, customer support has been great. Every time. I can't think of another game where i've had that happen.

I never threatened to quit, but I was going to stop spending money. Now i'll keep spending money. You know why? Because I want to support good games and good companies.

While I recognize that many players are totally F2P, you may want to consider dropping 5 bucks here and there, because a game with this kind of customer relations deserves to profit, and we want games like this to stick around.
  • cmj6432
    Options
    Deathclaw wrote:
    Wow. D3 didn't have to do this, and the fact that they not only did, but went so far in doing so, completely restores my faith.

I am beyond impressed. Every time I have had an issue, customer support has been great. Every time. I can't think of another game where i've had that happen.

I never threatened to quit, but I was going to stop spending money. Now i'll keep spending money. You know why? Because I want to support good games and good companies.

While I recognize that many players are totally F2P, you may want to consider dropping 5 bucks here and there, because a game with this kind of customer relations deserves to profit, and we want games like this to stick around.

I totally agree, I was still going to play until my HP ran out then slow down as I was not going to buy more HP. Now, I will continue to buy and spend as I know I am supporting a game I enjoy a great deal. I encourage everyone to spend and support this game.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    so about that Roster Size charges . . . . icon_e_smile.gif

Any chance we can flatten to cost (if not removing it outright) - say 250 per slot all the way up?

They're getting ridiculously expensive considering a 2 character/month expansion
    Yep I'm worrying too about this roster cost that keep increasing... while new char keep coming!
    I'm all for a flat price and I'm even ready to consider a higher price than proposed by LoreNYC icon_lol.gif
    I know we just obtained full refund for alliance slots, we may probably seem greedy but I honestly think that the current way it is not sustainable.
  • Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks to the devs for reversing course on this decision. I think it's the right decision for the game, and I also appreciate the fact that you've listened to your fanbase on this issue.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First of all, I applaud the devs and/or publishers for going above and beyond what the majority of us expected. Really restored my faith that this game is generally going in the right direction and that this game is worth investing time and money in the long run.

Just a minor note that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet in this thread, I think a significant part of the reasons why people got so angry was because, as the announcement was posted on a Friday, no one (understandably) was around to make any response to the community for the entire 2 days after the news was posted. Obviously I don't think the team should have to be working weekends, but it should be recognised that the weekend is the time that the community is the most active at (and actually encouraged by the game, given that many major events end on Sunday or early Monday, depending on your time zone).

I think there should be a member of staff keeping an eye on the forum on weekends, who is able to make some response to acknowledge this kind of issues. Just something like "We understand that everyone is concerned about this and we'll discuss it internally once the staff is back at the office on Monday" would have gone a long way to pacify the community.
  • Thank you. This was the only fair thing to do. Yes some will have benefited far more than others but I believe the majority of us never came close to making back our Hero Points spent.
  • While this is the best decision the devs have ever taken, I am really amazed at the inconsistency of some people's reactions. I mean it's fine to go from negative to positive on this specific topic, but going from negative to "best game ever" just because of this one decision is making me feel like I'm watching a soap opera. I can totally understand why the devs ignore most of the posts and only listen to us if a hurricane of similar posts happens.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like others, I'm pleasantly surprised! What a great announcement!

I don't think anyone was against expanding alliance rosters - that's always been a good idea. What people were predictably upset over was the lack of any kind of refund for the outrageously expensive roster expansion. I'm honestly very surprised that D3 was surprised over this; it was about the easiest thing to see coming and I'm not even in game development. If you tell someone, "hey, that thing you spent $100 on is now free to everyone," of course they're going to be a little ticked if they spent $100 and get no refund (especially if they spent it recently). Even APPLE ran into this problem.

While I think most people would have settled for "anyone who spent money on alliance rosters in the last month get a full refund automatically" as part of the original announcement, telling us that anyone who bought the outrageously overpriced alliance slots ever is really going above and beyond, and is very much appreciated.
  • I guess I have only one question:

For those of us that funded a spot in an alliance (or two in my case), but have since changed to a new alliance, will we still get refunded the HP? If so, great, that's fantastic, and I'd be ecstatic. If not, it's not that big of a deal. Granted 1800 HP would definitely help, but I'm enjoying the game more than ever right now, due to a roster that's in the middle of that long 2->3 transition, and will continue to play no matter what the case.

Either way, big props to the developers for stepping up to the plate, and knocking one out of the park with this.
  • Professa D
    Options
    I'm not trying to do D3's job or anything, but from reading the forums quite religiously for many months now, what I'm gathering is:

1) CHANGES IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT CONSIDERING IMPACT ON PLAYER SENTIMENT = UNHAPPY PLAYERS
    2) CHANGES IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION (AKA NINJA CHANGES) = UNHAPPY PLAYERS
    3) LACK OF COMMUNICATION = UNHAPPY PLAYERS

4) COMPENSATORY TOKENS AND/OR HP (like Anniv week, server issues, free roster increase) = HAPPY PLAYERS
    5) COMMUNICATION WITH PLAYERS ASKING FOR INPUT = HAPPY PLAYERS

So if you're planning on making a change that you (should) know players won't like, just throw out some free HP/Tokens/Covers to everyone when you do. Just a suggestion.

All in all I think it's gotten a lot better recently (although the new MMR mechanic has me very nervous) so keep #'s 1-3 to a minimum and do more of #'s 4 and 5 and you should be fine!
  • Got there in the end, thanks!
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    muz1kman wrote:
    I guess I have only one question:

For those of us that funded a spot in an alliance (or two in my case), but have since changed to a new alliance, will we still get refunded the HP? If so, great, that's fantastic, and I'd be ecstatic. If not, it's not that big of a deal. Granted 1800 HP would definitely help, but I'm enjoying the game more than ever right now, due to a roster that's in the middle of that long 2->3 transition, and will continue to play no matter what the case.

Either way, big props to the developers for stepping up to the plate, and knocking one out of the park with this.

This is what I'm wondering, too, as I'm currently not in an alliance (haven't played in a long, long time now) but spent at least 21k HP (honestly forgot the amount by now) expanding one back when they first started making them.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hello all,

We're set to begin returning Hero Points today to those that spent them on additional Alliance slots. The original post has been updated with this info:

"*UPDATE: Greetings. We're planning on issuing Hero Point refunds for Alliance roster slot purchases today (11/13/2014). Players who will be receiving refunds will see a push notification when they have received their Hero Points. Please allow up to 48 hours from today for the issuing of Hero Point refunds. Thanks for your patience!"
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rwcieved 8500+1000HP