An Update: Alliance Roster Size Changes

Options

Comments

• dippdogg2002
    dippdogg2002 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    the changes while not necessarily a good.thing should separate the real good alliances from the ones just.accepting anybody
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First of all thanks a lot for listening, I really appreciate that you rethough the issue and finally decided to compensate.

Second, I don't think the negative response was about the feature, I at least stated that I was happy with the change for everyone even meaning my alliance would drop significantly in ranks (in fact we sank 100 positions in season VI). The only thing I was asking is for a compensation in return.

As I said I don't mind supporting you and spending some money in the process, and with that decision you have my faith in you restored, so I'll keep suporting you when I can afford it.

Again, thanks a lot.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome news. Thanks for listening.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am really glad to read this update. I never invested HP on alliance slots, but refunding ALL was the proper thing to do.

Nice doing, developers.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    honestly....i'm speechless, i am just speechless....as someone who funded an entire alliance by myself, i thought basically that was gonna be a lost cause. i had bought a couple slots for my alt's alliance and got that back and i thought that was more than fair to get that back...but this....just....wow, thanks D3.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Above and beyond.

Even a some % back for all likely would have sufficed but this is a very very decent gesture.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow....and all I wanted was a simple 3 star.png cover or two. I thought the change to full 20 was a good move, just not so all of a suddenly. Just give us a heads up. We'll mull it over. Complain, rationalize and then accept it and realize the good. The increased communication is very nice tho!
  • Errrr what about me? I didn't buy any slot but i want some HP too, i felt left out! LooooL

Kidding aside, even though it didn't affect me, I still want to give prop to D3 for doing this wonderful gesture! icon_e_smile.gif
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Kudos to d3. Love the fact that its 100% of investment. I ground up to 14 alliance slots and this is huge to me. Makes me really appreciate the fact that the devs are going above and beyond. Like most I figured they would go back 1 2 or 3 months max and chalk the rest up to value for value but this is surprisingly good news. Thanks again and keep up the good work.
  • Flume
    Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    D3, thank you for listening and considering fairness above short term $$$.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just want to point out, (cause I am sure someone will not be paying attention to the OP and get upset), that D3 / Demiurge said they would reimburse anyone that purchased more than 5 alliance slots. (or, expanded beyond 5 )

Which I take to mean that slots 1-5, purchased with 2,500 iso, will not count. So that means that slots 6-10 will be the 5 required to be eligible for a refund. And the refund will only affect any slots bought after that. As in 11-20. So if you purchased an alliance by yourself, all 20 slots, then you get refunded the last 10.
    OR...
    Slots 1-5 are the 5 required to be eligible for the refund if bought back when they cost 600 Hp, and players get reimbursed for slots 6-20. I will just wait and see. I highly doubt that this will be something that's easily accomplished on their end, so it might take some time.

While saying "thanks" is always appropriate, another way to show our appreciation is to be patient. icon_e_wink.gif Hi-Fi said they hope to get the Hp out late next week, not that late next was definite. So I'm asking everyone to please, be patient.

I could very well be misinterpreting this, but that is how I understand it. And to me, that is more than fair and shows that D3 / Demiurge not only listens, but cares about their loyal customers. icon_e_biggrin.gif This is their way of showing their gratitude and appreciation of our support. So we should return the gesture and show our gratitude and appreciation, and one way to do that is to please, please, please be patient.

Unfortunately, there may be a few that are still not satisfied. Even with this extraordinary act of generosity by the devs, some people are just never happy. Just keep in mind that they didn't have to go as above and beyond as they are.
  • Just want to point out, (cause I am sure someone will not be paying attention to the OP and get upset), that D3 / Demiurge said they would reimburse anyone that purchased more than 5 alliance slots.

Which I take to mean that slots 1-5, purchased with 2,500 iso, will not count. So that means that slots 6-10 will be the 5 required to be eligible for a refund. And the refund will only affect any slots bought after that. As in 11-20. So if you purchased an alliance by yourself, all 20 slots, then you get refunded the last 10.
    OR...
    Slots 1-5 are the 5 required to be eligible for the refund if bought back when they cost 600 Hp, and players get reimbursed for slots 6-20, (or 6-48 in my case). I will just wait and see. I highly doubt that this will be something that's easily accomplished on their end, so it might take some time. So another way to show our appreciation is to be patient. icon_e_wink.gif

Unfortunately, there may be a few that are still not satisfied. Even with this extraordinary act of generosity by the devs, some people are just never happy.

I could very well be misinterpreting this, but that is how I understand it. And to me, that is more than fair and shows that D3 / Demiurge not only listens, but cares about their loyal customers. icon_e_biggrin.gif

It says that whoever expanded their alliance beyond 5 spots. They wont refund the money you spent to buy the initial alliance, but will reimburse for any extra spots.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just want to point out, (cause I am sure someone will not be paying attention to the OP and get upset), that D3 / Demiurge said they would reimburse anyone that purchased more than 5 alliance slots.

OR...
    Slots 1-5 are the 5 required to be eligible for the refund if bought back when they cost 600 Hp, and players get reimbursed for slots 6-20. I will just wait and see. I highly doubt that this will be something that's easily accomplished on their end, so it might take some time. So another way to show our appreciation is to be patient. icon_e_wink.gif

Unfortunately, there may be a few that are still not satisfied. Even with this extraordinary act of generosity by the devs, some people are just never happy.

I could very well be misinterpreting this, but that is how I understand it. And to me, that is more than fair and shows that D3 / Demiurge not only listens, but cares about their loyal customers. icon_e_biggrin.gif

It says that whoever expanded their alliance beyond 5 spots. They wont refund the money you spent to buy the initial alliance, but will reimburse for any extra spots.

Keep in mind please, I'm not explaining this right, so try to hang in there. I'll try and explain as best I can, but no promises.

Here's the bit I'm not sure about. Do they count the first 5 that were purchased with iso or not. Buying an alliance for 2,500 iso and expanding it 5 slots will give me 10 member slots. So when they say "expanded beyond 5", does that only count the slots bought to expand the original 5? Making it so that slots 11 - 20 are actually the 6 to 10 slots bought to expand your team?

It wasn't specific as to if it meant buy the first 5 and expand another 5, or just expand beyond the first 5. Either way is great. I personally, will be happy with however they do it.
  • The way I understand it, if you paid for any slot from #6 to #20 you will get a refund.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It wasn't specific as to if it meant buy the first 5 and expand another 5, or just expand beyond the first 5. Either way is great. I personally, will be happy with however they do it.
    The way I understand it, if you paid for any slot from #6 to #20 you will get a refund.
    I understood this the same way than Paintsville: they will refund any HP spent on alliance slots, therefore from #6 to #20.
    We wasn't used to such a generous behavior, it's maybe the reason why you're a bit suspicious JCTthe3rd81 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    (btw with increasing cost of roster slot, alliance slot refunding will only serve to buy my next roster slot icon_e_confused.gif )
  • buffbeardo
    Options
    I am glad to see this happen. While I haven't invested HP for alliance slots, I had compassion for those that had. I think the compensation was "above and beyond" what was due, but works for all of us moving forward and forgetting about this whole debacle.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Thank you for refunding everyone who purchased slots.

I know I am right around your $1 a day metric, and was pretty bitter about the way the statement of "those who bought slots received plenty for them" when most non-top 100 really hadn't seen the pay off.

This more positive response is what will keep me supporting the game.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]...
    Additionally, we will be expanding the Hero Point refund to include ALL players who opened additional Alliance member slots (beyond 5) since we began offering the feature.
    Hi David,
    To avoid misunderstanding, need confirmation on quoted statement above,does it mean since alliance introduced (around april) or since the new update (R64)?
    thx.
  • cmj6432
    Options
    as someone who funded all 20 slots i greatly appreciate the HP refund. At one point, i lost hope and felt cheated. this restored my faith and love the game even more. Thanks DP3!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd raised my alliance up very slowly since they came out. Took me a while to even decide to make one.

Personally, the only HP I felt I wanted back was the 2900 I won in the anniversary event since that was only a couple of weeks ago. That was a lot of HP to just throw to the ether. I felt it was a nice windfall to boost my alliance a bit, but then they announced this and it felt a bit disheartening.

Finding the alliances were going up to 20 regardless was a great announcement. I was honestly pleased to hear it. But that sting of losing the HP I'd won was not pleasent. This to me wasn't another True Healing or an unpleasent character nerf moment, something that had no positives. It had a big positive and a small negative, but a negative that niggled all the same. To hear they're going to give a *full* refund is nothing short of amazing. All I wanted was my 2900 back, but to get it all back is beyond anything I'd have expected.

So thanks to D3 for doing this for the community. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm definitely grateful it's coming to pass =)