An Update: Alliance Roster Size Changes

Options

Comments

• Wow,.... I just dont know what to say here. All I really wanted was for them to show a little gratitude for their customers. But a 100% refund? I just, well I'm speechless.

To show how much I appreciate this gesture, I'm going to make a promise to D3 right here, right now, that however much Hp I get as a refund, I will match it by purchasing the same amount within a week or two of getting said refund.

Psst, Devs......hey Devs, please send JCT 1,000,000 HP.

Thanks.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I too am floored by this choice. I'm not sure what I'll do with all these Hero Points (oh wait, of course I do! Roster Slots! Hello Bagman, my old "friend.")

I'm quite curious what other features that they have planned that REQUIRED all alliances be 20 members (or at least have the potential to be 20 members.)
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was curious if they would make commander demotions easier once they had devalued roster slots to effectively 0. Now that they are refunding the HP spent on the slots it seems like commander demotions should be a *LOT* easier to come by. They can't even claim that this person "spent HP on slots" any longer.

Will this make demotions easier? *crosses fingers*
  • I was pretty vocal about the handling of this situation (understatement of the century). I was actually pretty close to quitting over it tbh, though I'm not the type to threaten or announce it on the forum. This compensation goes above and beyond what I believe to be fair, so while I still feel initial communication was poor, the result makes up for it. Thanks, my faith is restored.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was curious if they would make commander demotions easier once they had devalued roster slots to effectively 0. Now that they are refunding the HP spent on the slots it seems like commander demotions should be a *LOT* easier to come by. They can't even claim that this person "spent HP on slots" any longer.

Will this make demotions easier? *crosses fingers*

Probably not, now you could just start your own 20/20 alliance and recruit whoever you felt comfortable with from the old alliance.
  • thedude
    Options
    Awesome stuff guys. I don't have any refunds due, but think you've done the right thing.
    Things like this make me glad to be part of the community, which is important seeing as I spend so much time playing this game!
  • It wouldn't be right to complain and then not thank you when you change your mind. I greatly appreciate the sacrifice.

Now the only decision is who to spend the points on... Blade, sentry, or the hood.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry I was mean to you HiFi. This goes a long way mate.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow,.... I just dont know what to say here. All I really wanted was for them to show a little gratitude for their customers. But a 100% refund? I just, well I'm speechless.

To show how much I appreciate this gesture, I'm going to make a promise to D3 right here, right now, that however much Hp I get as a refund, I will match it by purchasing the same amount within a week or two of getting said refund.
    I'll do this too, good call
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    (Edit: removed "bad joke" to avoid reputation loss)
  • over_clocked
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Dont forget that this is still not evenhanded.

While MPQ was holding my HP, i could not upgrade heros, unlike players who did not bought alliance slots.

So, with refunded HP+interest, MPQ should give 120% refunded HP icon_e_smile.gif
    Oh that did it, removing you from FB friends, it's not even funny if you were attempting to joke.
    No one in the entire world made you 'hold' your own HP you chose to spend (un)wisely.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I have been vocal as I spent more HP than most and have not enjoyed benefits more than two month. To get all HP refunded is one Stark Salary I can now use on my roster.

This does not bring me back the full value of the somewhat rare feeling of being a commander. And I would not have bought even more Stark Salary to build my position as a leader of this rare alliance. I still feel I have lost that bit, but I do understand the greater good and that more people will now have a better chance to advance. So I feel I contribute to the new rules accepting my rarity gone and that overspending, well now atleast I feel it was not an entire waste.

It fun to play the game again. I was soo gutted and I lost a lot of faith in D3. This has restored some of it. I hope in the future major changes that devalues what player spent will continue to be at least 100% refunded. I would be more likely to spend HP if I know this would be a fact.

For you few members that DID get the benefits from the very beginning, congratulations. This must make up for true health and other stuff. I share your joy!

And for the developers trying to fix this, well, good work. I do accept your apology!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Teddybabes wrote:
    I have been vocal as I spent more HP than most and have not enjoyed benefits more than two month. To get all HP refunded is one Stark Salary I can now use on my roster.

This does not bring me back the full value of the somewhat rare feeling of being a commander. And I would not have bought even more Stark Salary to build my position as a leader of this rare alliance. I still feel I have lost that bit, but I do understand the greater good and that more people will now have a better chance to advance. So I feel I contribute to the new rules accepting my rarity gone and that overspending, well now atleast I feel it was not an entire waste.

It fun to play the game again. I was soo gutted and I lost a lot of faith in D3. This has restored some of it. I hope in the future major changes that devalues what player spent will continue to be at least 100% refunded. I would be more likely to spend HP if I know this would be a fact.

For you few members that DID get the benefits from the very beginning, congratulations. This must make up for true health and other stuff. I share your joy!

And for the developers trying to fix this, well, good work. I do accept your apology!
    You know you can be made a single commander for FREE right?
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    locked wrote:

What part of my post did you not understand?
    I should ignore this, but in case you really missed the point, please read about recent events and my thread about it.

In short, it was a premium to be a single commander. Then it was not. So yeah, I know it is free now. How can you think I missed that, when that is what my post been about?
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Honestly, we were a bit surprised by some of the more negative reactions to the announcement. It's our belief that expanding the default Alliance size to 20 for all players is a positive improvement and ultimately benefits all Marvel Puzzle Quest players.

Eh, I don't think most people were reacting negatively to the idea of just... expanding alliance slots. In and of itself, the change will certainly alter game play, make alliances more meaningful, etc. It was merely the handling of the HP issue that wasn't greeted quite so... warmly.

Haven't bothered with the forums for a few days now, but just wanted to log back in and give due respect for this. This latest update is really good news for people that invested in the alliance-aspect of the game, and has demonstrated player considerations were taken into account. Kudos.

Edit: Might also be worth making an IG or FB announcement - lots of FB peeps are pretty irate too.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Dont forget that this is still not evenhanded.

While MPQ was holding my HP, i could not upgrade heros, unlike players who did not bought alliance slots.

So, with refunded HP+interest, MPQ should give 120% refunded HP icon_e_smile.gif
    Oh that did it, removing you from FB friends, it's not even funny if you were attempting to joke.
    No one in the entire world made you 'hold' your own HP you chose to spend (un)wisely.

Great, now I lost ISO too, besides losing chance to upgrade heros is the past!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...Honestly, we were a bit surprised by some of the more negative reactions to the announcement...
    With all due respect... how? How did you not anticipate your customer base would be upset that someone is now being given something for free that was once associated with a fairly sizable cost?

I understand that those of us who bought in early were allowed access to rewards. But at the same time, EVERYONE had access to those rewards from the get go.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Teddybabes wrote:
    locked wrote:

What part of my post did you not understand?
    I should ignore this, but in case you really missed the point, please read about recent events and my thread about it.

In short, it was a premium to be a single commander. Then it was not. So yeah, I know it is free now. How can you think I missed that, when that is what my post been about?
    I meant what I meant. That oh-so-unique feeling of being a single Commander could be achieved for free prior the change. All you needed was some communication and people skills.
    You definitely surprise me. On one hand you are willing to eat worse for MPQ. On the other hand that 'elite' feeling is so important to you. For some reason I suspect you have terrible value of money and are the last person to deem something as insubstantial as a feeling premium (100 bucks is what premium costs, folks. You heard it from Teddybabes.) or not. Hope you are not too upset over losing that _unique_ status of yours.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Honestly, we were a bit surprised by some of the more negative reactions to the announcement.
    You and me both. It's moments like this when I wonder if the playerbase ain't just a tad too whiny. It makes it harder to get across things that really matter (like character balance issues or the fact that releasing mystique with a Juggernaut Heroic sucks more than a sick crossbreed between Sasha Grey and a Hoover).

What "really matters to you" is not always what matters to everyone else.

If you ask everyone to make a list of 10 things that MPQ did wrong in the last 13 months, with #1 being the worst and #10 being the least of the worst, you will get a wide variety of lists and a wide variety of orders.

So maybe this issue didn't matter to you, but can't you just take it as a company pleasing its customer base, be happy you are a part of the same customer base, and not have to spoil the moment with one last "whiny" dig?

I'm excited to get a few k hp back. I'm sure we all are.

I think Budget is just saying that the change would hardly effect gameplay. I doubt the top 100 alliances will change. He was surprised that so many people were significantly upset about the announcement and expressed his agreement with HiFi (who took another "whiny" dig in a nice way at the player base). I love this game. I love the community my alliance has built and the forums. I know others do to, and when you care about something, it is easy to be sensitive about it. But that sensitivity should be controlled in a civilized manner and some of what I saw on the original announcement thread was anything but civilized.

I agree with you that 'what matters' varies from person to person but I don't think you should fault Budget for not adding the qualifier "to me" to the "what matters" in his post.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    dxz0i.jpg