The "What really grinds my gears" MPQ Thread

Options

Comments

• Professa D
    Options
    a8w6si.jpg

I swear I can't tell you how many times I've pulled my phone out of my pocket only to find that I'm about to buy a Stark Salary or something else ridiculous. I think that the "purchasing" buttons are magnetized or something.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Knowing that there are literally thousands of people playing the same PVP event I am, but I'm stuck paying to skip the same 6 players over and over.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You know what grinds my MPQ gears?

The moment you set a random special tile (:sentry: strikes, icon_punisher.png molotov, icon_magneto.png flux) and it appears in a match-4 set up.....thanks for that!
  • 1. Clicking on wrong ability because they have same color and same position on the top left (PC version UI).

2. Focusing on wrong enemy because I forgot to change the target. It happens very rarely but it's sad when it happens icon_e_geek.gif

3. Accidentally healing a character that doesn't need it yet on team member selection screen (heal is same button with fight/battle).
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mindlessly clicking quickly through my LR/pve fight screens after I just finished a shield hop and wasting a bunch of boosts.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Building a 100$ alliance alone and find out they give it away for free now.

I thought spending 375 hp on a pvp event to get blade covers was bad when I got number 26 last seconds and just missed it. But little did I know my entire role as commander was going to be a waste.

When you buy a high end computer, value goes down half over a period of two years, but you enjoy thoose years. Here I lose 90% of invested value in two month.

And they talk about compensating for a week back. A week?

Never ever have I been so gutted by a purchase. They moneys total is close to $400, but it's the time invested. All that fun of being a single commander over a clan of 20, it was special. Kind of rare. Thats the feeling I bought. Now gone.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not being able to buy a purple or blue match while they simply drop in for the AI
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When you think the AI doesn't have enough AP and you're about to down the final opponent with a last match...

AND A HUGE CALL OF THE STORM TU APPEARS AND WIPES OUT EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM because everyone had taken some form of damage earlier and the CotS was just enough to wipe out everyone.

icon_e_sad.gif

Or, a variation: One good match will down your last opponent, but you fat-finger the wrong swap and it swaps... and leaves the opponent with health behind.

The opponent cascades something stupid and is about to summon either a group-damage TU or ability and of course, your entire team is downed.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A) "I just need one red, green, black, purple or blue match to fill the gauge of any of my active powers that will end this game!"

B) The board is 80% yellow and T-U tiles.

C) "Sigh, what the hell, yellow match it is then, because it at least deals more damage".

D) Red and green tiles fall in a way that the AI can do both three matches. Falling tiles for a 4 row of purple that clean two of the few blue tiles in the board. A black 3-match falls fully formed. Finally, the turn ends and it's my turn again.

E) Return to B.
  • Ok in quality posting as always!

1) not having any other African's who I can meet up with to banter about MPQ and make friends (immigrations are welcome)
    2) when your gf wants to go out at 6 but that's the day that PVP finally ends for us EU guys at that EXACT time
    3) looking at the prices of hero points and contemplating whether one night on the street corner would be able to finance my addiction for a Season
    4) wanting a villain. A cool villain like carnage or apocalypse or thanos or scorpion and instead getting a new 2* or some x-men hero
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Gonna throw in another vote for the alliance change. I've never spent money on alliance slots myself, and I think the change is good for the game overall. But to see D3 basically go "Haha, thanks for the money LOOOOSSSERS! We're gonna give that thing you paid $100 for to everyone for free and you don't get tiny-kitty-litter-box back for supporting us from the get-go!" to the people who've supported them the most just seems so WRONG.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    2. Focusing on wrong enemy because I forgot to change the target. It happens very rarely but it's sad when it happens icon_e_geek.gif

There's nothing quite like realizing that you just threw out LCap's redflag.png or Patch's TBTI only for it to be set to an enemy with 50 health.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Muscle. Strike. Tiles.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • As what has been said before:
    20 ISO.
    Not taking Hulk completely out.
    Using healthpacks then receiving 3 in the Daily Supply
    Hood/Sentry/?
    Popups to share rewards in the final few minutes of a PVP
    Not being able to choose who to and when to share rewards with
    All 2*s in a Season 10 pack
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    you already got a fair reward for your 20,000 HP.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    Enemy cascades in the first 3 moves which basically tells you "YOU'RE HUMPED!"
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    Enemy cascades in the first 3 moves which basically tells you "YOU'RE HUMPED!"
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Punisher: Use Judgment, watch tile destruction result in a cascade that matches away the Strike Tiles.
  • Spiderben69
    Options
    1. 20 ISO reward insults - even when repeating the same challenge to try and win the last reward, 12 repeats and still 20 ISO each time? Come on, enough with telling us about improved drop rates, I'm not seeing it!

2. Grinding out games to reach the next Heroic or event Hero token, or a Season Heroic 10 pack only to receive repeated 2* covers and not a single 3* - I'm currently on a run of 20 2* with no 3*s! Come on, enough with telling us about improved drop rates, I'm not seeing it!

3. Casting Thor's powers which generate either yellow or green tiles and watching new tiles appear in random places which don't make ANY matches at all. Watching the AI cast the same powers and the new tiles appear making matches galore and sparking multiple cascades - All totally random of course except that it happens sooooo often!

4. When the AI is just "in one of those moods" where it is going to win WHATEVER!
  • Spiderben69
    Options
    5. Waiting an hour and a half to "grow" some new health packs to revive my team, fight a inferior team and get beaten so easily because the AI gets EVERY SINGLE MATCH AND CASCADE it needs to fire off all its powers and waste my newly healed heroes........... COME ON DEVs what IS this BULLSH!T!!! So sick of this rubbish!