The "What really grinds my gears" MPQ Thread

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watching the AI clear a column with a match-4, seeing a match-5 dropping as part of the new column, and understanding precisely how statistically improbable this is.
  • When you're rushing near the end of a PVP tourney and don't pay attention to the fact that your near-dead copy of the essential is automatically chosen and pressing the "Fight" button.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I'm not paying attention and I hit MN Mags blue instead of C Storms blue Wind Storm. Or when I hit Berserker Rage with about 10 purple on the board, but only 1 or 2 green.
  • Figure this out :

You wake up, your shield is about to break, so you are going to play but are very high in score and will only play one match.

You break shield,
    Play the match (this one will be long because the board was bad),
    You win

and then :

Get a token that you have to share with all your friends on Facebook,

and then :

You get the daily rewards.

And then :

You go back to sleep because you almost had a heart attack.
  • The AI killing me and then doing three-four powers because they were already queued up. I'm dead, buddy - let me die in peace.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Finally getting the kind of Uber Cascade that the AI always pulls... As a result of the move that killed the last enemy.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When Mystwalker falls asleep either mid-match or during a short shield. Now do I try to wake him up (rarely works), let him go unshielded with the subsequent mourning from the point drop or play and shield on his tiny phone (go big or go home is my motto). Recently I've opted for the last choice which has seriously upped my creds as a wife. Still annoying.

When a character has 10 life points but still has enough strength to attack you. I know Thor can do **** like that (he's a god kind of thing) but some of them are mortal and really shouldn't be able to do a full attack after a significant amount of health loss.
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Spending all your powers to kill a high level Daken. He survives with less than 100 HP. He starts regenerating each turn more HP than normal match damage can deal.

Similar,

Spending all your powers to kill Sentry. Sentry survives with less than 10 HP. Sentry casts Supernova that you could swear he didn't have enough AP for and kills your team and himself. Opponent's loaner character is the only to survive, winning the game.

This just happened to me during the Gauntlet - 266 Sentry / 266 Hood / 266 Hulk.....uuuggghhh!
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Not paying attention to Crotchdevil quietly laying down traps as you kill more important enemies and suddenly being on the receiving end of a kick to the face.

mother of god this.

yeah DD is really luck dependant, but there will be times where he'll have 2 ambushes floating on around the board, you make a good cascade happen and uh oh you take a world shattering roundhouse kick because a red got popped during it.
  • NotYou13
    NotYou13 Posts: 104
    Options
    locked wrote:
    4. 20 ISO.

I can't emphasize this one enough. After the 5th replayed node in the Gauntlet with only one non-20 iso reward, I gave up. The 20 iso reward when there are still three other rewards available is just insulting.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finishing a Lighting Round seconds after it closes and not having your points count toward your total. I swear, I've lost 3-4 Heroic tokens that way...
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    When you get your season 10 pack reward and you are so excited you grab your coworkers who are in your alliance (so everyone can bask in the glory of your 10 pack) and you do not get even 1 cardpack.png . I refer to the trip back to your work area as the walk of lame!
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I do not have much of a roster, I really don't. I have a 166 Grey Widow, couple of other 3* in the 100 to 130 region so really not much and the only other one of them with maxed out covers is Hulk's Thunderous Clap.

Even with what thirty other 3* star characters with most of them having three powers the game has still insisted on dropping two more Thunderous Claps and another three Grey Widow covers since then on me...
  • Professa D
    Options
    camichan wrote:
    A couple things that really annoy me are,

1. Sentry bombing on a high point node in 80 seconds flat in the last fearsome minutes of a high stakes PVP pushing you into the top 10 ...only to find when you exit the victory screen that you just received your daily reward and/or 10 gifts of 1 star covers from FB friends... and you frantically press the claim button over and over for half a minute trying to get through all the happy splash pages to the menu so you can shield before a retaliation or snipe. (periodically I forget about the daily award timing...)

2. Managing of health packs and healing your team: Before you take off for 3+ hours, you want to heal up your team in an optimal way such that your health packs will replenish to 5 at just about the same time your roster will heal. Unfortunately, to heal your team, you need to enter a fight in some event. If that's not inconvenient enough, sometimes you select a character on your roster menu to add him/her to the line up just so that you can heal/him her, and you're in a hurry and press the heal button only to realize that the roster slot you tried to put the character you wanted to heal into was a required/featured character that can't be changed and you just wasted a health pack (and a half an hour) healing a character that you didn't really want to heal.

They really need to let you heal your characters in the training button menu or something like that...

YES to #1!!! Precious seconds, those are...
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Leaving Sentry/X-Force/Lazy Thor/LCap/BP etc. with single digit health only to have them use their nuke and cost me multiple healthpacks in healing.
    The sound I make every time this happens causes my wife to ask me, "What's Wrong?"
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Looking to shield after hopping and realizing that I didn't pre-emptively make sure I had enough HP for another shield, so I have to enter my google play purchase password twice becuase the first time i was so rattled and paniced I messed it up.

After which I rethink my decision to not auto save password, and remember having to think about the purchase while I put in a password has probably saved me a mortgage payment's worth of real money.
  • D3P makes a major announcement of a significant change just before a weekend (say True Healing or alliances are now all 20). There are pages of feedback on the forums providing concerns or alternate solutions. Rather then looking into any of these options, they go through with the change early the next week.

Scaling in PvE being based off of buffed character levels, rather than base character levels, and/or having one high level character significantly alter your PvE scaling. In a game of teams of three, just because someone has one high level character, doesn't mean they are ready to fight full teams over 100 levels higher than that one character.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Spamming my alliance with team-up requests because I'm in a hurry and I always forget about that tinykitty button.

Yasuru of the NotInTheFaceAlliance
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh now that someone mentioned Daredevil! When he laid some Ambushes and you are supercareful about not matching red and all of a sudden you get a kick to the face from a green match and your Thor dies, and then you realize that Lightning Strike must had converted the Red Ambush tile to Green.

Also I just lost a game due a cascade caused by Prehistoric Arms. It was more hilarious/absurd than annoying, though.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Finishing a Lighting Round seconds after it closes and not having your points count toward your total. I swear, I've lost 3-4 Heroic tokens that way...

Similarly, when you finish a lightning round battle to find yourself in 1st place with 1 minute left to go... not enough time to finish a battle but more than enough time for 5 people to pass you up icon_e_sad.gif