All Alliances Increasing To 20 Member Slots

Comments

• simonsez wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Car company: "Hi guys, we are upgrading all our cars to premium leather seats for the cars that we are selling from Dec 2014 onwards".

Disgruntled customer: "what?!?! How dare you give out free premium leather seats to everyone else including me!I paid for it since1973! You are devaluing my purchases.... I expect a full refund for my purchases in 1973, 1978, 1983, 19xx......."
    Bad analogy, because someone else getting leather seats doesn't screw me over... it's more like if you bought a car and paid $5,000 for special license plates that let you drive in the HOV lanes and save 20 minutes off your commute, and then the city announces that everyone can now drive in the HOV lanes for free.

May I also remind that upgrading all Alliances to 20 spots for free is INDEED costless for D3P, whereas the ones who paid for the slots ACTUALLY paid for them with real money ?
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    This seems like the NERF of any character. We have paid money/grinded to gain the advantage of a stronger alliance or character and now they have changed the rules. With any NERF comes the option to sell your character for gains. So why not allow commanders of the alliance to sell back the purchased slots.

Edit, I also realize that not all commanders have paid for slots etc. but that could at least be handled within the alliance for claiming.
  • Surprise surprise...another move that favors the new players icon_rolleyes.gif

"Another"? New players have been getting **** like crazy over the past few months.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    25 people please like this post so I can give this anouncement a thumbs down. Bought over 100 dollars worth of slots that I thought would still be giving me a return investment icon_eek.gificon_evil.gificon_redface.gificon_e_sad.gificon_neutral.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Car company: "Hi guys, we are upgrading all our cars to premium leather seats for the cars that we are selling from Dec 2014 onwards".

Disgruntled customer: "what?!?! How dare you give out free premium leather seats to everyone else including me!I paid for it since1973! You are devaluing my purchases.... I expect a full refund for my purchases in 1973, 1978, 1983, 19xx......."
    Bad analogy, because someone else getting leather seats doesn't screw me over... it's more like if you bought a car and paid $5,000 for special license plates that let you drive in the HOV lanes and save 20 minutes off your commute, and then the city announces that everyone can now drive in the HOV lanes for free.

Your analogy is different. HOV (what does it stands for?) Lanes are limited resources, so if someone else is using it, you may not have access to the lanes.

In the alliance slots case, if you have bought 20 slots, you still have retain access to 20 slots. There's no change in the slots at all.

In any case the analogy was meant primary to show the absurdity of asking for refunds ALL the way back in time. We have people asking refunds for EVERYONE since start of game, and others asking for 150% worth of HP.

In case people misrepresent my stand again, I understand why people are unhappy with the change, why some people would ask for refunds. I agree that refunds should.be given up till a certain extent.... It cannot and should not go all the way back.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    Looks like the minimum score to enter the top 100 just rose.

The more competitive alliances, the more people who can vie for a top 100 slot.

This. I think it's been touted more players than ever, now more large alliances than ever : how about increasing to top 200 both for individual and alliance rewards?

I also hope that there isn't a "30 person" alliance looked at in the six-month future; the alliances that paid to get to 20 would be furious by letting everyone in that club, and then re-charged to get to 30.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    Looks like the minimum score to enter the top 100 just rose.

The more competitive alliances, the more people who can vie for a top 100 slot.

This. I think it's been touted more players than ever, now more large alliances than ever : how about increasing to top 200 both for individual and alliance rewards?

I also hope that there isn't a "30 person" alliance looked at in the six-month future; the alliances that paid to get to 20 would be furious by letting everyone in that club, and then re-charged to get to 30.

I would wager that a high majority of competitive players are already in a 20-person alliance, so the balance of power isn't going to move all that much. I would guess top 250 or 500 gets more competitive, but the top 100-150 isn't going to move much.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    I kinda disagree with this news.

Decrease the price of alliance slots... ok, why not, but giving them for free ? What's the point if you do nothing else for the one who paid for that ?

=> A beter idea would be to give every alliance 10 more slots : then those which are at 20 would be at 30 for free, and those having less would have +10 slots for free.
    That way, more people will be able to join good alliances, including new players. That's the way most of the other games did, cause you can't put an old player at the same level than a brand new one. It's ILLOGIC.

=> Another idea would be to expand the cover ally rewards to at least 250 (and even with that, I'm not sure it will be enough...).

=> And finally, the staff should do an automatic reward for all the ally who paid to get their slots, that's common sense...
    Asking the support for a solution isn't a way to do things. Do you seriously think all those who paid will do it ? No, they'll just be disappointed spending money for this and they'll probably leave.
    You should probably set a debate here far before doing things like this that will probably affect all the players in different ways.

Btw, every alliance will be equal ? Seriously, you want people to play 8hours/day to stay competitive ? Really ?

but the top 100-150 isn't going to move much.
    I think exactly the opposite. I can tell you for sure that the 100-250 rank will be far more difficult to reach, and as it gives no cover it's pointless to fight for it...
  • Thanks D3!
  • atomzed wrote:

Your analogy is different. HOV (what does it stands for?) Lanes are limited resources, so if someone else is using it, you may not have access to the lanes.

In the alliance slots case, if you have bought 20 slots, you still have retain access to 20 slots. There's no change in the slots at all.

In any case the analogy was meant primary to show the absurdity of asking for refunds ALL the way back in time. We have people asking refunds for EVERYONE since start of game, and others asking for 150% worth of HP.

In case people misrepresent my stand again, I understand why people are unhappy with the change, why some people would ask for refunds. I agree that refunds should.be given up till a certain extent.... It cannot and should not go all the way back.

I am not sure I understand why there should be a difference between earlier and later slot buyers.

Late joiners of the game already have access to numerous 1* and 2* covers (you can build a full covered 1* & 2* roster in less than a month now), discounted Iso (78K vs 52K before for the same price) better scaling in PvEs, now they could be refunded for alliance slots ?

So as veterans we should just be happy to have paid more for everything ?

I don't get the logics.
  • Same for me. All the buyers has to get a refund or something that will make them think their didn't waste their money, equally.

Every alliance is equal ? Then every refund is equal too. Common sense.
  • Owwwwww, I feel like I just got crotch kicked by icon_daredevil.png ,

This is a major slap in the face to any alliance that is above the 5 slot starter. Sure we did it to try to be competitive, but on the same hand not everyone had to buy slots.

The Main Cell, my alliance was started by me and funded by me and my wife. one slot a pay check. alternating between the two of us. We did it so that we could play together and get some small extra bennies.

We never got above rank 101 mostly in the 250 zone. This was due to our more casual play style.

So where are the supposed riches that D3 seems to think we hit upon? the 20 iso per player per day? pffff, sure we would get the small rewards that we reached but so did everyone else that was in an alliance that bought the slots.

I am not sure where I am going with this, other then I am pissed off about this decision. D3 wants us to be equal, fine why not give starting players a full roster and all the iso needed to level them up, there every one is even.
  • https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQu ... 0504870138

Put a like and comment if you agree that this decision should be delayed or canceled right now.

This thread needs a full debate, which means including that in the patch R64 isn't possible yet in my opinion.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited November 2014
    dragma wrote:
    We never got above rank 101 mostly in the 250 zone. This was due to our more casual play style.

So where are the supposed riches that D3 seems to think we hit upon? the 20 iso per player per day? pffff, sure we would get the small rewards that we reached but so did everyone else that was in an alliance that bought the slots.
    While I understand where you're coming from, and think that some sort of compensation should be given out, Alliance T250 in PVP gets you 1000 Iso + 50 HP per member. Even if you had only 15 members, that's 750 total HP per event, which is about 2100 HP per week. With 20 members, that's 3000 HP per week. It certainly does not go directly to the two people who generously paid for the slots themselves, but it's not as if no non-negligible rewards are given out below T100.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Here's word from IceIX:

"As many of you on the forums well know, Alliances are cool.

4* characters are also cool.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]They're a great way of meeting people, having fun with friends, and competing with other Alliances on the leaderboards.

4* are also great fun, and great for competing with other players on the leaderboards.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]And the bigger the Alliance, the more that's the case.

4* characters get more fun as they gain covers and levels.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Conversely, the process to get to that bigger Alliance just isn't very fun.

Well, it can be hard to earn HP for alliance slots and character covers, but it can be fun as well.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]It costs a decent amount of Hero Points per slot when you get up there in members and the methods for paying is a bit odd (the common practice of slot trading).

4* covers are 2500HP, also a pretty decent amount.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Overall, we look at Alliances as something that everyone should be able to get involved in and want to encourage players to seek out like-minded players in the Alliance system.

I am sure you also encourage people to get those 4* covers and that everyone should be able to get one. You even give out 1 or 2 (out of a needed 13) for free. Very cool.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

To that end, we have decided that we're going to set all Alliances to the maximum of 20 slots. This means that any Alliance, newly-formed Public ones, or long time Private 'You must be this tall' Alliances are on the same playing field in regards to membership capabilities. Which of course, translates to increased social opportunities, Team-Up sharing, and competition for those high end rewards. Those loosely-formed public Alliances probably won't be able to take on the vaunted likes of the X-Men, Immortal Rage, 5DV and the like, but now those same Alliances will give players a feel for what an Alliance can really be like instead of being only a shadow of what a functional 20-person one can achieve."

So, please send everyone one of each 4* character, fully maxed. This means that any player, newly joined or long time player will be on the same playing field. Which of course, translates into increased competition for those high end rewards. These newer players probably won't be able to take on the vaunted likes of the members of X-Men, Immortal Rage, 5DV and the like, but now those same players will have a feel for what a 4* can really be like instead of only a shadow of what a fully maxed out 4* can achieve. Thank you.

P.S. This came to me as I read the post that linked to the facebook complaint. I just want to reiterate that I do think the new alliance changes are a good thing. But for the people who say that those who paid for alliance slots shouldn't have some kind of consolation, please think of how you would feel if you spent money on covers, ISO, and/or HP (or used hard earned HP rewards) to max your characters, and then everyone was given free max characters. Thanks.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    MonkeySlut wrote:
    25 people please like this post so I can give this anouncement a thumbs down. Good by over 100 dollars that I thought would still be giving me a return investment icon_eek.gificon_evil.gificon_redface.gificon_e_sad.gificon_neutral.gif

Dont do it ! If you give Hi-Fi a thumbs down for this, you will get 15 to 20 P.M.s telling what a horrible worthless creep you are.
    And then others will DownVote you ! Yes, seriously, for real! There really are people that childish on here. Trust me. I speak from personal experience.

Heaven forbid someone express their opinion on the Internet.

edit; ... no offense or disrespect meant to Hi-Fi. it was just a case of "take it out on the messanger". I have also recycled my down vote and would like to apologize to David, as he was just delivering the news. (which, big surprise, came on a Friday, as usual. I guess they want to give the players the weekend to calm down) but I still feel insulted.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    It's far more a communication problem :

"Hi everyone,

We'll do a update that will really affect all the game in 3 days, we don't care if you agree or not cause the staff's opinion is obviously good
    and of course we didn't think that people would be against this project with good reasons (spending money for something that will be free for now).
    And happy halloween that make people go out so they can't complaint yet."

Do that on any other serious game and you'll see a full ton of complaints coming.
    It's impossible to imagine that the staff doesn't ask for the gamers opinions and thinks it's logic to answer "ask the support for compensation" in a second time.

NO, it's not this way the staff should do things !!
    An update of this kind should have be debated at least 1 or 2 weeks before doing it on a patch, and a solution should be found for compensation BEFORE saying it will be on the next patch. That's what I would have called "serious communication".

Btw, I'll look forward this update carefully and I'll be the first to complaint again in the feedback part of the forum, cause it will encourage people to leave their alliance for a beter one if the ally rewards decline as I think it will, cause I don't imagine it will not. It is not a "right update", seeing it from this point of vue.

And well... there are far enough alliances with 20 slots yet that allow people not to do 500 points on every versus event, no need to search for a long time to find one.
  • Dear Santa,

Could we please enjoy MPQ for a whole month and not be disapointed for 30 days ?

Thank you,

Arktos
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone that recently spent HP (say in the last month) def deserves a refund however everyone else has probably gotten a fantastic return on their investment. The advantage time has worn off and now others are allowed in. Think of all those extra covers, HP and ISO that was received in the past, more than makes up for the initial investment.

This is a great move for new players since it is a nightmare to generate the HP just for extra cover slots let alone afford the cost of alliance spots. To anyone saying its easier now is completely mistaken. To get 1 3* to 11 covers plus is a huge obstacle since getting just 1 3* cover is brutal in a PVP and since there are like 25 3* characters, getting to the point where any single one is ever playable will take forever. Back in the day, it was the same 10 3* players and it was so much easier to max cover them. For example Patch and Lazy cap were all covered by so many people within a week of the release. Nowadays best of luck on that.

Oh and this is coming from someone with a dozen fully maxed 3* chracters so no bias here.

Also the best analogy for this change is like a pharmaceutical company coming up with a new drug. For a period of time they are given the exclusive rights to selling it at which time they make their money back from all the time and costs they invested. After that period of time is up, every generic company starts copying them and the first company makes far less on their drug due to competition.