All Alliances Increasing To 20 Member Slots

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    We do feel though, that players who spent Hero Points in the past to expand their Alliances have reaped substantial benefits for doing so (increased Iso, covers, rewards, etc.) that compensate for the Hero Points spent to expand.

Oh, really? Is this directed towards X-Men and Shield along with all the rest of the top 5% where this might be actually true? I funded my alliance by myself costing 20,000 hp. How long do you think it takes to make that back in a top 100 alliance, not a top 10? Some 20 man alliances weren't even lucky enough to be in the top 100, what about them? What about recently formed 20 man alliances who couldn't have possibly reaped this cost back?

I would be happy if I at least felt like I was breaking even, but again 20,000 hp is a lot of points. I have approved of many other decisions that your company has decided on, including this one, but the difference in the amount of HP(time/money) is absurdly high this time. It would be disingenuous to try to compare it to other changes before it.

This is a pretty big slap in the face to your largest supporters, alliance leaders. There should be some kind of reparations, even a small one as a gesture of good will.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

We understand that players who spent Hero Points to expand their Alliance within the last week may be feeling upset. If you fall into this category, please send Customer Service a ticket and we'll look into Hero Point compensation: https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

We do feel though, that players who spent Hero Points in the past to expand their Alliances have reaped substantial benefits for doing so (increased Iso, covers, rewards, etc.) that compensate for the Hero Points spent to expand.

Thanks for your understanding as we move forward with the Alliance expansion.

There was some reward for having more slots during all the time leading up to this, yes, but really only for those who paid heavy capital up front in order to get in early with the 20 slot alliances. Our Alliance increased slowly because few of us were capable of spending real money to increase slots. Due to this I doubt we came close to breaking even, the cost Hero Coins to increase slots was substantial.

Just imagining how many times I could have spent Hero Coins on much needed covers or shilds burns quite a bit.

I applaud the move, just not the lack of consideration for people who poured a ton of much needed resources into expanding their lists.

Maybe if there were better rewards for high scoring alliances. Multiple times our rinky dink alliance has fought hard and scored something akin to 700th in a pool of 30,000 alliances. For those with calculators that means we were in the top 3% of all alliances out there yet we would get a smidgen of Hero Coins and a decent slice of Iso.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    Wow. Took me half of my work day to read this thread after not entering the whole weekend. I'm not lazy at work, I just have had so much free time the past 2 months. I consider myself lucky or getting fired very soon! I really hope I'm lucky icon_razz.gif

Having read all the opinions and thoughts of every post, I'd like to throw in my own 2 cents.

I have never paid for alliance slots. I have only spent $10 on this game once for 2 roster slots and I am glad I can call myself F2P. I really don't see value for money in this game, but it makes a hell of a good experience if you don't pay for it. After a certain point though, like every freemium game, game mechanics will really push hard to pay.

I have been on a T50 alliance and I have to say it takes a lot of effort to be there. While it is enjoyable to chat with other people, you have to provide some results. Those commanders that have created those alliances have helped countless people that have paid nothing (Like me) to become stronger. Their investments are bigger than just 15 alliance slots here.

About the alliance slot being free, I see it like this:
    You buy a VIP ticket to fly from EU to the US. You sit and enjoy your flight, but suddenly during the flight, the whole plane can come and enjoy the VIP benefits for free. I would feel cheated and request my money back. But that's me.

Hope this works out in a way that we all get the best and no one gets the...
    This is a good analogy but not for the reason you think

Airlines quite frequently offer free first-class upgrades for a variety of reasons and they sure as hell don't refund everyone else's first class tickets when they do
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Sooo. It's been three days since this announcement, in which time many... many.. people seem to have expressed displeasure at the situation / handling of the situation.

Is anyone red going to... comment? Acknowledge? Similarly, I saw your little note IG about the update. Are you going to make it clear to people IG that they can try to get refunds as well?
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    With each change, they make me believe my decision to change from a paying player to a f2p player was correct. That is mightily impressive. Oh you guys.

Thats what I'll be doing from now on. I spent a lot of money to expand my alliance (we can't even get top500) so no, its not that easy for everyone to get back those hps. I was considering investing in some hps to get the last 2 covers for my punishers, but I think he will stay like that for a long time. no more money from me on the game, I've been slaped enough already. I enjoy the game and I don't mind to pay for some things if I get something back, but right now I feel like my money was thrown away by D3.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Got a response from customer service:

We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution for your issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (LJR)

Will be interesting to see if anything is done.
  • chaos01 wrote:
    Got a response from customer service:

We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution for your issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (LJR)

Will be interesting to see if anything is done.

Got that as well, that is just an indicator that the ticket has been started.
  • Hmm...that's not the message from Customer Service that we got. Here's what we recieved;

D3PA Customer Support (D3Publisher)

Nov 03 10:39

Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience the recent change in Alliance member slots has caused you. We are offering to reimburse any Alliance slot purchased within 7 days of the change. Is this something you would be interested in?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (JDN)
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I really think the rewards should be updated again, with more rewards for more alliances (and single player placement as well) (say up to 200 get alliance covers-- D3 should know the numbers).
    It's been many many months since the alliance feature has come out and I'd think the MPQ player base has grown significantly, yet the rewards don't really factor this change in player base. A smaller and smaller % of the player base are able to get the rewards most people want. Especially now all alliances have 20 member slots, I feel it's time to expand at least the alliance rewards.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I just started an alliance, has not even run for more than last two seasons.

I PAID 100$ to get benefits now gone. 7 days back is not going to cut it, thats for people buing ONE slot, NOT ALL OF THEM!

And believe me, not once have Teddybabes been at top 100 for PVP, so all that money spent have returned maybe 2k HP, But I HAD TO BUY THE STARK SALARY at 20K for 100$

Sure fix the game however, destroy the alliances hard work, but then put my money back on my card, as I really feel robbed now.

Another thing. The feeling of beeing a commander is gone. Would I have spent another 2 stark salarys on my roster if the game was "single player" for me?

No. I felt the need to build my roster fast, to be able to reqruit better members and to lead by example to get to minimums required to get higher.

I could have bought 6 other 50$ games for that. This investment is now gone. Its not only about the 5+15 slots I bought. It's the time invested to. It's not easy to reqruit and manage 20 members. I put my soul in my clan, and I am not a rich guy, this game have made me eat lesser and cheaper food, and I could have got my kids a PS4 for my total spent on this game. I feel gutted, cheated and robbed!
  • Yeah, we feel totally sucker punched as well. My wife and I started Cascadence two months ago, adding one or two slots a week. We're retired, and not rich by any means. Buying those slots were a real accomplishment to us.

Now we just don't know. We feel upset and betrayed, since we felt that if we bought something it should be worth something.

We also feel for all the other alliance leaders out there who's dedication and support to D3 is being rewarded by a one-finger salute from the company we put our money and trust in.

Little to say we won't be making that mistake again. We were going to gift each other a $100 hero point purchase at Christmas, and that was going to be our one gift to each other since we loved the game so much. Not any more. That's for certain. We call it "recouping our losses". It'll be going to another game that does protect and honor the real money purchases of its customers.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do have to say that is there is a blanket "rule" of a week, that is absolutely absurd.

Each case should be addressed individually, even if it is time consumed, I feel like everyone would rather that than nothing at all.

There are indeed plenty of Alliances that have reaped the appropriate benefits of paying for an Alliance, but a far larger majority didn't.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only vaguely related - why not have brackets for alliances too? The total number has grown so much it's ridiculous. The vast, vast majority gets bupkis each tourney and it will only get worse as the top competitive alliances expand to form offshoot alliances. Bracketing would spread out the pressure some and make top100 less intense.

Unless it's D3's aim to have all players aim to get 1.6k points every pvp eventually...

Increasing the number of slots to 20 for everyone is very minimal benefit for newer and casual players - a tiny bit of iso every day doesn't help much without the ability to gain covers. There was a longish period when I had 2 motherlodes worth of iso banked because I had no good characters to throw them in. Well, I was lucky enough to draw a fair number of im40 and daredevil covers...
  • Yesterday all Guild leader who paid like me to Build Alliance Hardly to
    20 ppl was Kicked Bad in behind !

Today still no comment about !

Tomorow may the coverpacks free !

so i am Stopping to invest in such developers which kicked
    Those who paid for their life and Game !

Its a Shame cause its a reallly good Game !

I will Share about the Inaceptable gamechange Google+ Facebook ,Twitter usw.
    also App-Rating gone from 5 Stars to 1 ! Also no
    Iphone 6plus Support !!! since 19.sept !!!
  • So you will be refunding the 1000's of HP I spent to get my alliance up???
    Complete joke!!!
  • Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I've bought slots for my alliance, one with hp saved by sacrificing roster slots and shields, and others which I bought with money. My alliance has never been top 100, we float between 250 & 500, and in the time we've had a full alliance I haven't come close (nor have any other commanders in the alliance) to making back what we've spent. So to say that because our spots were bought over a week ago that we've reaped the benefits is not true at all.

The thanks we get for our investment, is that given our activity level and rosters is that it's now likely a lot more alliances will pop up, so we will drop spots. Some of our higher performers may also leave to make their own alliance.

With that said, making all alliances equal in number isn't the worst idea. What is, is the treatment of paying customers, both in the lack of recognition and compensation for those ****, and the lack of respect to all upset about it in this thread. I've read through it all, and it's now 10 pages and 3 days since a d3 representative has acknowledged anyone's concerns.

I for one won't be buying anymore hp because of this. This decision and the handling of it has shown the true worth of hp spent in the long run, and it's not worth the cash value. I think I'll spend that money on Xbox games from now on, something where I know what I get for my money.
  • Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I've bought slots for my alliance, one with hp saved by sacrificing roster slots and shields, and others which I bought with money. My alliance has never been top 100, we float between 250 & 500, and in the time we've had a full alliance I haven't come close (nor have any other commanders in the alliance) to making back what we've spent. So to say that because our spots were bought over a week ago that we've reaped the benefits is not true at all.

The thanks we get for our investment, is that given our activity level and rosters is that it's now likely a lot more alliances will pop up, so we will drop spots. Some of our higher performers may also leave to make their own alliance.

With that said, making all alliances equal in number isn't the worst idea. What is, is the treatment of paying customers, both in the lack of recognition and compensation for those ****, and the lack of respect to all upset about it in this thread. I've read through it all, and it's now 10 pages and 3 days since a d3 representative has acknowledged anyone's concerns.

I for one won't be buying anymore hp because of this. This decision and the handling of it has shown the true worth of hp spent in the long run, and it's not worth the cash value. I think I'll spend that money on Xbox games from now on, something where I know what I get for my money.
  • gamar wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Wow. Took me half of my work day to read this thread after not entering the whole weekend. I'm not lazy at work, I just have had so much free time the past 2 months. I consider myself lucky or getting fired very soon! I really hope I'm lucky icon_razz.gif

Having read all the opinions and thoughts of every post, I'd like to throw in my own 2 cents.

I have never paid for alliance slots. I have only spent $10 on this game once for 2 roster slots and I am glad I can call myself F2P. I really don't see value for money in this game, but it makes a hell of a good experience if you don't pay for it. After a certain point though, like every freemium game, game mechanics will really push hard to pay.

I have been on a T50 alliance and I have to say it takes a lot of effort to be there. While it is enjoyable to chat with other people, you have to provide some results. Those commanders that have created those alliances have helped countless people that have paid nothing (Like me) to become stronger. Their investments are bigger than just 15 alliance slots here.

About the alliance slot being free, I see it like this:
    You buy a VIP ticket to fly from EU to the US. You sit and enjoy your flight, but suddenly during the flight, the whole plane can come and enjoy the VIP benefits for free. I would feel cheated and request my money back. But that's me.

Hope this works out in a way that we all get the best and no one gets the...
    This is a good analogy but not for the reason you think

Airlines quite frequently offer free first-class upgrades for a variety of reasons and they sure as hell don't refund everyone else's first class tickets when they do

Yes, they do. But that happens because they have not sold enough tickets to cover the cost of the flight, so they do this in order to break even.

In my example, I created a situation where during the flight, everyone is given free access to VIP area and benefits while you paid the full price for it. You are all going at the same destination when the plane lands, but you paid more money for specifically extra service. What is extra if after you paid for it everyone gets it for free?

I saw that the change is now live. Gears have started to move and the game is already shifting towards this new change. I am really confused and still cannot believe that this change is here. I mean, they announced in on Friday and late Monday is out. No discussion, no opinion collection, no refund plans and certainly no consideration for many people's feelings. This is not like true healing.

While true healing was painful, it just changed the way we play the game without taking anything out of anyone's pocket. However, investments that go as high as $100 and then they just become free out of thin air... I really don't know how to explain this. No matter the rewards that many people ripped, no matter the advantages they got, they did pay for them at full price.

This change would be welcomed if time was given into it. Literally 4 days time after the announcement, you go ahead and implement it. When did you make the decision? Between the R64 announcement and release, there was a time frame of 1 week maybe? Did you take such a huge decision in less than a week? This was just so sudden and so rushed into the game that I do not understand the reason of it.

Compensation or no compensation, you shook the ground for every one here. I really doubt the amount of thought you have put into this change and the outcome that you have predicted.

The other topic, the one about end times, is more than welcome and I am really glad you decided to share it with us. I doubt it would have been communicated (Especially ~2 months before implementation) if the alliance slot fiasco was not here. While the end times is the #1 burning issue of this community, I think the timing of its announcement was purposely chosen to take off some attention from this change.

I think you should do more than just compensate people that have invested HP in alliances just 7 days before the patch. This is just a number that you read on some post at the 1st page and you decided to go with it. I suggest you sit down and think about a proper compensation for everyone involved while you are on time. If you really do not have logs of commanders or people that have purchased slots with HP, that's just shameful. What's the purpose of asking people to email you? You should already know to whom you owe a compensation.

Also consider replying more in threads such as this. This is time taken out of people's schedules to express their opinion and feelings. This is your chance to be more thorough about the problem rather than "let's not reply until it's gone".
  • Well the way I see it is.. no point spending money on the game anymore, they give things free anyway eventually!

That's the message you are sub-consciously telling us by making this move... (sarcasm) Well done! (end sarcasm)

Yes I'm angry. You fooled me once, it's not going to happen a second time... As I said no point spending more money on the game, you'll eventually give every cover every iso out for free!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Well at this point, everything has pretty much been said, and I know that the developers are pretty much deaf to feedback on this type of thing. That said, I might as well put another drop in the bucket.

Seriously, ****?

I think that moving all the alliances to 20 members so that people can compete without having to pay a ****-ton of money is wonderful. Great change for the health of the game!

That said, many people have already paid that ****-ton of money, and to just give this thing that people have paid for away for free to everyone is a giant middle finger to the most devoted and supportive (monetarily) players that this game has.

If the developers were smart, they'd give any alliances that had paid for slots before this change MORE back in rewards than what they expended on the slots and reap the benefits of a tidal wave of goodwill. These players essentially funded a beta test of the alliance system for D3 without foreknowledge of it. D3's thanks to them is to say "well, you probably got that 20k HP back in rewards, right? right? well, if not, then i guess you're tiny-kitty-litter out of luck bud. We don't care about YOU"

Now, I never put money into alliance slots personally, but the message this sends me is that I should never drop another penny on this game, and I don't plan to ever again unless this gets addressed.