All Alliances Increasing To 20 Member Slots

Comments

• With each change, they make me believe my decision to change from a paying player to a f2p player was correct. That is mightily impressive. Oh you guys.
  • Agh, this is painful. Of course this happens a WEEK after I drop some HP (about 3000) to add a few slots to my alliance...
  • I spent 3000 in HP to increase my slots just like a week ago.

Of course a week after that, they become free. I won't be buying any more HP from this game; this is a huge slap in the face.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread to see if this has been offered as a solution, but here's what I propose - as reimbursement for people who have previously paid for alliance spots, D3 should offer a sliding scale of ro(o)ster spots:

For people with 3-7 spots - 0 additional spots
    8-13 - 3 additional spots
    16-22 - 2 additional spots
    24 or more - 1 additional spot

While it doesn't even come close to reimbursing the full amount that some have invested, at least it's something that fits into the game's current system and on a per-HP scale should approach something of value for players that have been around for a while.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    optimiza wrote:
    I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread to see if this has been offered as a solution, but here's what I propose - as reimbursement for people who have previously paid for alliance spots, D3 should offer a sliding scale of ro(o)ster spots:

While it doesn't even come close to reimbursing the full amount that some have invested, at least it's something that fits into the game's current system and on a per-HP scale should approach something of value for players that have been around for a while.

I saw this earlier. Not exactly this, but something very similar along the same lines.

I think a better option would be to give players a free roster slot for every 5 alliance slots they paid for. No matter how many. I know that would satisfy me just fine. I would still be taking a "loss" in a way, but at least I would know that D3 cares a little.
  • dylflon
    dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I paid for most of the slots to get our friendly alliance up to 20 slots.

We almost never finish even in the Top 250 so I honestly feel like you just took my money and flipped me the bird.

I was willing to overlook the fact that investing actual money into buying a 10x cover pack never EVER gives you value equal to the $ value put in but this is just messed up.

You're sending a message loud and clear to your most loyal players that spending money on your game is for idiots.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Basically, the gold rush of players willing to buy large alliances dried up, right?

I'd be perfectly happy to get a free roster slot for every alliance slot I bought. The alliance slots were more expensive, but that would feel like a nearly fair trade anyway.

Hey! I'm only 75 HP shy of affording that 20th slot! Before the end of the Blade PvP, my Alliance would finally be at 20 members if this wasn't happening.

It's good it's working out for some. Sounds like you saved a lot of HP not needing to buy that last slot.
  • drparton21 wrote:
    I spent 3000 in HP to increase my slots just like a week ago.

Of course a week after that, they become free. I won't be buying any more HP from this game; this is a huge slap in the face.
    Email CS or go to this link and ask for a refund. You should be able to get some sort of compensation. If they refuse or it takes too long, you can go directly to Google or Apple and try asking for a refund from them.
  • optimiza wrote:

I saw this earlier. Not exactly this, but something very similar along the same lines.

I think a better option would be to give players a free roster slot for every 5 alliance slots they paid for. No matter how many. I know that would satisfy me just fine. I would still be taking a "loss" in a way, but at least I would know that D3 cares a little.

When I joined my second alliance I agreed to pay for the last spot, which was 2000HP I believe? I might be wrong, it's been awhile. Honestly, it's the principle of the thing that matters to me and I personally don't care as long as the issue gets acknowledged. But there may be alot of people who only paid for one spot that would get nothing with this solution.
  • dylflon
    dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Oh and because we're a 20-person alliance that doesn't compete at the top tier, this influx of new 20-person alliances is going to push us way down the rankings making my investment even more worthless.
  • I would gladly accept 100 bagman covers for the money spent on roster spots.

Thanks in advance D3.

_APOCALYPSE_
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    It'll be pretty useful if we can reconstruct how much each roster spot cost so we can calculate how much we've spent.
  • All in all, i think this is kinda lame for loyal players like me that have commanded their own teams.

All those HP i spent on opening Alliance slots that could have been used to expand my own roster. And I've had covers that i've had to give up or sell because I didnt have enough roster slots because I was saving HP to expand the alliance. Plus, in the beginning, I also spent $50 USD on HP just to open up 12 slots to get my team started..

I feel we should be reimbursed in some way. If not with HP reimbursements, then with covers or ISO at the very least. The rewards should be doled out based on the number of slots the Alliance had before the increase.
  • Cmon !!! I have paid alot for Those Slots ! How fair it is !!! I want es Guild Leader the investest Points back !

Paid for advantages but now got nothing !!! Devs answer
  • I want my points Back !!!!!! Now !!!
  • optimiza wrote:

I'm not sure about that scale, but I like the overall idea of being given additional roster spots. I spent tons of HP on Alliance slots that I would've gladly spent to expand my roster.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Double post icon_redface.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I'd kind of like the HP I spent to expand Terran Dominion by a few slots back now. I'd imagine that a few other members would like their HP back as well.

Or just give me a Blade cover and a Devil Dinosaur cover. I could live with that.
  • Let's see if IceIX psychorigidness remains after this new scandal.

We have an expression in French : go get the stick to get hit. I think IceIx likes that.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    How do I apply to The X-Men 83? I'm interested in playing hard, but not too hard.