Gauntlet is back.

124»

Comments

• arktos1971 wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The Gauntlet is over for me.

The 5th node of the 3rd sub is not doable whatever characters I am using. It was the same thing in the previous Gauntlet...

What's the point of having a scaling like this ?

This is ridiculous.

What is your scaling on the node? My enemy's on the nose are 150.

Ready ?

Steady ?

Go !

293 !

I got 350 on that node but that's after completing the whole event. I'm guessing they're probably around that range when I got to it.

I think the 'past performance' factor for PvE must be quite significant. And no, it's not like MMR, because all MMR can do is make you fight guys who, at best, have a roster as strong as yours (if yours is maxed). Your opponent don't magically go up to level 250 just because you're awesome at PvP. The most the game can throw at you is a max featured + Sentry + Hood or something similar to that. But in PvE your opponents are gifted many, many levels to make up for your PvE success.
  • Phantron : no offense, but I did not understand, please explain again because I would like your analysis again. This is serious, not sarcastic.

Thanks.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Phantron : no offense, but I did not understand, please explain again because I would like your analysis again. This is serious, not sarcastic.

Thanks.

In the Gauntlet thread I was keeping track of WorldRunner's nodes versus my nodes. He has 3 more 166s but I have 1 more 270 so I'm assuming the roster scaling shouldn't have some kind of huge difference but my nodes are still around 50-60 levels higher. I'm assuming nobody repeated the nodes (I certainly did not). Looking at the nodes I have now I'm estimating that node should've been around 270-280 when I first got to it (I had additional scaling applied to it after beating it for completing more nodes) so if you only have 1 level 270 then it can't be the case that additional level 270s apply some kind of extra hard scaling, because your node seems to be slightly higher than mine. I remember D3 alluded to the fact that past success in PvE does factor into your scaling, and given these varying node difficulty for what ought to be similar roster strength my conclusion is that the 'past PvE performance' factor must be very significant.

What we need is Colognseiur's levels on Global Domination because nobody has a stronger roster than he does so if his nodes aren't higher than anyone else's then we know there has to be something in addition to your roster.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    What we need is Colognseiur's levels on Global Domination because nobody has a stronger roster than he does so if his nodes aren't higher than anyone else's then we know there has to be something in addition to your roster.

Because I want to help develop the hypothesis I will keep track once I start Global Domination.
    Right now I am on the last node of Alpine Tactics and have to go back and finish the Blade and Capt Marvel essentials there before I move along.
    I took a look at Sim 29 and it is currently Ares 254/Loki255/FatThor255.
    I should start this tomorrow and I'll keep track all the way through.
  • Phantron wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Phantron : no offense, but I did not understand, please explain again because I would like your analysis again. This is serious, not sarcastic.

Thanks.

In the Gauntlet thread I was keeping track of WorldRunner's nodes versus my nodes. He has 3 more 166s but I have 1 more 270 so I'm assuming the roster scaling shouldn't have some kind of huge difference but my nodes are still around 50-60 levels higher. I'm assuming nobody repeated the nodes (I certainly did not). Looking at the nodes I have now I'm estimating that node should've been around 270-280 when I first got to it (I had additional scaling applied to it after beating it for completing more nodes) so if you only have 1 level 270 then it can't be the case that additional level 270s apply some kind of extra hard scaling, because your node seems to be slightly higher than mine. I remember D3 alluded to the fact that past success in PvE does factor into your scaling, and given these varying node difficulty for what ought to be similar roster strength my conclusion is that the 'past PvE performance' factor must be very significant.

To date, I have the biggest roster in the game (60 maxed characters out of which 31 3*), yet, a member of our Alliance had a worse scaling than mine (with a weaker roster than mine). Apparently he boosted a lot (and managed to end the Gauntlet with a crazy scaling...). So you must be right about past PvE performance.

I decided not to boost on this PvE, as the rewards were not worth it. And I was probably right, as scaling would have been even worse.
  • Phantron wrote:

Because I want to help develop the hypothesis I will keep track once I start Global Domination.
    Right now I am on the last node of Alpine Tactics and have to go back and finish the Blade and Capt Marvel essentials there before I move along.

You can see the levels on the first node of Global Domination even though you can't do it yet right now, and that should be all we need since the scaling as a function of winning nodes should be the same for everyone unless people are doing nodes more than once.
  • Colognoisseur
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

You can see the levels on the first node of Global Domination even though you can't do it yet right now, and that should be all we need since the scaling as a function of winning nodes should be the same for everyone unless people are doing nodes more than once.

Ares 254/Loki255/FatThor255

• Ares 254/Loki255/FatThor255

Okay I didn't realize that was the 1st node of Global Domination the first time. I had 236 on that node at the start of the event, so that itself doesn't prove anything conclusive but it'll at least suggest no unusual weight should be placed for having additional 270s. What remains unclear is whether having a large number of high level characters gives a small amount of extra scaling since it's impossible to figure out what each player's past performance scaling factor is.
  • Mine was 274/275/274
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Mine was 274/275/274

At the start of the event? If that's the case then the past performance factor has to exist and is significant because I doubt anyone is beating Colo's roster for strength.
  • Phantron wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Mine was 274/275/274

At the start of the event? If that's the case then the past performance factor has to exist and is significant because I doubt anyone is beating Colo's roster for strength.

1st node of Global Domination, yes it did not change since I opened it. As previously mentioned, Cologn does not have the stronger roster. But I would like to think scaling is not based on roster's size only. Otherwise I just have to stop playing.
  • Colognoisseur
    Phantron wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Mine was 274/275/274

Her are my last ten PvE finishes most recent first
    The Hunt t5
    Unstable Iso-8 t2
    Venom Heroic t100
    Deadpool v MPQ t50
    Prodigal Sun t50
    Dark Avenger Heroic t2
    Deadpool v MPQ t25
    Juggernaut Heroic t1
    The Simulator t25
    Venom Heroic t2
  • It's indeed interesting to keep track of one's PvE history. I wish I had done it.

All I know is that I'm a core grinder in PvE, but had to stop lately because scaling has become impossible to deal with.
  • Thank God for the gauntlet is the only thing keeping me from not quitting. Mpq has just become very boring with the same structure I'm not even trying on pvp no more I used to end up in top 10 recently I end up in the 50 or 25 if I really try. The points for 1st place are too exaggerated that it really makes me lose motivation to even try. Mpq needs a big change and needs to take care of their veterans better.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Teno1 wrote:
    Thank God for the gauntlet is the only thing keeping me from not quitting. Mpq has just become very boring with the same structure I'm not even trying on pvp no more I used to end up in top 10 recently I end up in the 50 or 25 if I really try. The points for 1st place are too exaggerated that it really makes me lose motivation to even try. Mpq needs a big change and needs to take care of their veterans better.

I'm going to answer this with a lovely quote you gave us on September 13th:
    Teno1 wrote:
    Oh my god I don't know why people complain so much? Leave the game as it is, I can beat sentry, oaken, and hood l166 with im40, lazy Thor, and HT. I've done it before it's not imposible.

Leave the game as it is!!!!

Adapt and conquer