Gauntlet is back.

Comments

• dearbluey wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]An interesting side-note:

As of two hours ago, at least two players have already completed The Gauntlet...and now have nothing to do for the next few days. icon_eek.gif

Double it! icon_e_wink.gif

Sandbox them icon_lol.gif

Lol. I only just started the Gauntlet, myself. I love NOT having to compete with others, just myself. Like Puzzle Quest should be.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    "David wrote:

As of two hours ago, at least two players have already completed The Gauntlet...and now have nothing to do for the next few days. icon_eek.gif

Not true, they can empty the nodes of rewards by replaying them for no point value.

Question: Why is BP the final reward and not Blade? This seems counter to the last Gauntlet which had the 3 required 3*s as final rewards.

Don't forget the numerous 20 ISO rewards before they can actually get all of the remaining three rewards.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Lerysh wrote:
    Question: Why is BP the final reward and not Blade? This seems counter to the last Gauntlet which had the 3 required 3*s as final rewards.

I'd like to know this answer too. It is also contrary to every other new release, where the PvE afterwards always had the new release as a progression rewards. They've effectively taken out the most accessible cover for Blade this time around.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    The gauntlet is fantastic. I can play on my time and I get some fantastic team ups. Plus my whales whales whales comes in handy.

Glad I read the forum cause I keep forgetting to delete my team ups to make way for high powered gauntlet ones. But then I never use my team ups so y do I bother. *facepalm
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last gauntlet didn't have all three essential characters as rewards. It was Punisher as the featured 3*, but the rewards were BP, GSBW and Psylocke.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    "David wrote:

Nothing to do in PvE, perhaps (which, strictly speaking, probably isn't the case... surely they can repeat the nodes for extra rewards). But this way they can focus on PvP, Simulator, possible LRs... and so on. Or, more shockingly, maybe they were happy to get it over fast, get the rewards, then have a few more days of relative relaxation. icon_e_wink.gif

Also, if they raced through it, then they chose that path on purpose. And it's nice that the rest of us don't have to be constantly hitting node refreshes every 2.5 hrs to 'keep up' with the leaders. The good thing about the gauntlet is that you can play on your own terms.
  • Hmm, good point. I think BP was the next in line? Even still, at least one of the 3* covers should be Blade.

So this means the next PvE will feature BP? Or did Gauntlet break that cycle? I forget.
  • CrookedKnight
    Psylocke was the final reward and was featured in the next PvE, so if the pattern holds BP is up.
  • My question is why do they have Ms. MARVEL as a required character near the end of the second sub and have not buffed her. Seems pretty cruel for a pretty new character.
  • Zigram wrote:
    My question is why do they have Ms. MARVEL as a required character near the end of the second sub and have not buffed her. Seems pretty cruel for a pretty new character.

2* Carol is different from 3* Carol. Only the 3* is buffed
  • Zigram wrote:
    My question is why do they have Ms. MARVEL as a required character near the end of the second sub and have not buffed her. Seems pretty cruel for a pretty new character.

2* Carol is different from 3* Carol. Only the 3* is buffed

Edit: thanks... actually didn't try switching to the 3* lol
  • Nice to see The Gauntlet is back. I don't have Blade so I wont get any 3*. Still there is some stuff to snatch. Like that blackflag.png OBW. Now I can FINALLY respec her from 4/5/4 to 3/5/5 for the perfect build. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this black cover. It's something icon_rolleyes.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Okin107 wrote:
    Nice to see The Gauntlet is back. I don't have Blade so I wont get any 3*. Still there is some stuff to snatch. Like that blackflag.png OBW. Now I can FINALLY respec her from 4/5/4 to 3/5/5 for the perfect build. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this black cover. It's something icon_rolleyes.gif
    Again, Blade prizes (99% likely in the Captain Marvel event), prior to Gauntlet ending. Again, the game does not exist to cater to you and only you or anyone else, really. You can always use the ISO/HP/tokens no matter what point you are at.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    locked wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Nice to see The Gauntlet is back. I don't have Blade so I wont get any 3*. Still there is some stuff to snatch. Like that blackflag.png OBW. Now I can FINALLY respec her from 4/5/4 to 3/5/5 for the perfect build. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this black cover. It's something icon_rolleyes.gif
    Again, Blade prizes (99% likely in the Captain Marvel event), prior to Gauntlet ending. Again, the game does not exist to cater to you and only you or anyone else, really. You can always use the ISO/HP/tokens no matter what point you are at.
    Okin - you don't play LR much? OBW covers drop like rain over there.
  • locked wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:

Uh, kind of harsh considering I was not complaining but just sharing my experience like everyone else.
    hurcules wrote:

Nah, I have never played LRs. Occasionally from time to time for the ISO but never regularly. My schedule is kinda busy on weekdays and they just don't fit in.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    edited October 2014
    Okin107 wrote:
    hurcules wrote:

Nah, I have never played LRs. Occasionally from time to time for the ISO but never regularly. My schedule is kinda busy on weekdays and they just don't fit in.
    Then you are missing out on one of the best featured events of MPQ.

- Playing in LR doesn't affect your PvP MMR. So however good/bad you do in LRl, your PvP MMR is safe.
    - Load up seed teams from the start of LR, beat all of them or reach 100 pt, call it a day. At least 1k ISO. Use whatever team you fancy and don't have to worry about placement.
    - Play the full 90mins if you want to get even more ISO.
    - 2* covers drop VERY frequently. So there is no excuse not to have your 2*s fully covered correctly after a few weeks of LR play.

And LR runs every 2 hours from Tuesday 12pm EST to Thursday 12 pm EST. I don't have time to do most of them either. But on loo breaks and commuting journeys I can squeeze in a few games, typically get up to 50/100 just for the ISO and standard tokens. Occasionally I take a long lunch to play the full 1 hour or so.

Try it. You might even like it.
  • So far I've bought two Gauntlet single cover Daily Deal's and a 10-pack and have received 2 purpleflag.png and 1 greenflag.png (and a icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.png )

I'm going to guess that I'm either extremely lucky, or there's a good chance that they want you to have the cover.
  • Fievel wrote:
    So far I've bought two Gauntlet single cover Daily Deal's and a 10-pack and have received 2 purpleflag.png and 1 greenflag.png (and a icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.png )

I'm going to guess that I'm either extremely lucky, or there's a good chance that they want you to have the cover.

Lucky. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:

The problem with that in the last Gauntlet was that you needed Black Panther to get... Black Panther. Folks were understandably unhappy with that, so we didn't repeat that design.
  • CrookedKnight
    Which is appreciated, but it seems like the friendlier way around it would have been to put Blade in the position now occupied by the Captain Marvel cover.