Gauntlet is back.

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Oh yeah. The true PvE returns. Maybe this is for Halloween. icon_e_biggrin.gif

If only Blade was one of the rewards. Oh well. Still an awesome event. Thanks D3.

Comments

• I wouldn't be surprised if there was a blade cover in the second or third sub in a tough node.
  • Is there any reason to make the first node not repeatable to showcase Blade?

For Thoress they made a node available for 21 days.
  • Just when I thought they couldn't get any stingier for rewards. What a giant bucket of suck. It's equivalent to getting pencils and erasers when trick or treating. Too bad there's no equivalent to egging their house. icon_mad.gif
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there was a blade cover in the second or third sub in a tough node.
    For this reason, I'll be doing every single node haha.
  • It's nice that there's Blade essential nodes to make sure the 3 star.png rewards are only available to a small percentage of the player base. Whoo.
  • It's nice that there's Blade essential nodes to make sure the 3 star.png rewards are only available to a small percentage of the player base. Whoo.
    About the same percent of players will get all 3 3* covers as every other pve event. Probably higher here, actually.

That's no different to any other PvE - in fact, it's an improvement on the first Gauntlet which required *three* essential characters.
  • If you don't have Blade you can get 1 3* cover in this event, and if you can do that well in PvE events in general, you wouldn't be complaining about Gauntlet in the first place because you'd have the Blade cover from the last event even if it's just one.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice that there's Blade essential nodes to make sure the 3 star.png rewards are only available to a small percentage of the player base. Whoo.

Whoo! I'm glad I'm a member of a small percentage of the player base. For those that don't know, buffed Blade is awesome.
  • bignate02 wrote:
    Just when I thought they couldn't get any stingier for rewards. What a giant bucket of suck. It's equivalent to getting pencils and erasers when trick or treating. Too bad there's no equivalent to egging their house. icon_mad.gif
    They make less money from Gauntlet, so it makes sense that there would be fewer rewards.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    If you don't have Blade you can get 1 3* cover in this event, and if you can do that well in PvE events in general, you wouldn't be complaining about Gauntlet in the first place because you'd have the Blade cover from the last event even if it's just one.

W00t! That is a awesome. Thanks!
  • The Captain Marvel PVP starting starting tomorrow and ending on Sunday will have blade rewards.(http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2352 ... uest_blade - He’ll then also be available as a reward in Captain Marvel’s upcoming Versus rounds, scheduled to begin on October 31.)

So, if you don't have blade, you could do all the other nodes now and then do all the essentials Nodes on Monday after the Captain Marvel PVP but before the end of the PvE.

There are also two tokens in the progression prizes that may give blade or you can just buy the tokens. 2.3% chance.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    The gauntlet is fantastic. I can play on my time and I get some fantastic team ups. Plus my whales whales whales comes in handy.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    The gauntlet is fantastic. I can play on my time and I get some fantastic team ups. Plus my whales whales whales comes in handy.
    I've been saving my DP points since about the last Gauntlet. I've got 90k. icon_e_smile.gif Somebody's gonna get ALL THE WHALES before this is over with! icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been saving Deadpool points since he launched. I didn't get a purple cover until the anniversary week and still have not actually needed to use mega whales.

That triple-Thor node is going to explode, is what I'm saying.
  • Yep, I think a lot of us have been saving the DP points.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    An interesting side-note:

As of two hours ago, at least two players have already completed The Gauntlet...and now have nothing to do for the next few days. icon_eek.gif
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]An interesting side-note:

As of two hours ago, at least two players have already completed The Gauntlet...and now have nothing to do for the next few days. icon_eek.gif

Double it! icon_e_wink.gif
  • dearbluey wrote:
    "David wrote:

Double it! icon_e_wink.gif

Sandbox them icon_lol.gif
  • "David wrote:

Not true, they can empty the nodes of rewards by replaying them for no point value.

Question: Why is BP the final reward and not Blade? This seems counter to the last Gauntlet which had the 3 required 3*s as final rewards.