Gauntlet is back.

Comments

• Which is appreciated, but it seems like the friendlier way around it would have been to put Blade in the position now occupied by the Captain Marvel cover.
    ..psst, they want you to buy Gauntlet tokens.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Lerysh wrote:
    Question: Why is BP the final reward and not Blade? This seems counter to the last Gauntlet which had the 3 required 3*s as final rewards.

The problem with that in the last Gauntlet was that you needed Black Panther to get... Black Panther. Folks were understandably unhappy with that, so we didn't repeat that design.

Makes sense. And honestly, Blade is new, so most people are and will be far from making him useful in the near future. While giving an old cover (BP in this case) might benefit more people that might be close to getting a useful BP.

I would love to see old covers become more available somehow so I can have some useful 3*. New ones seem a bit difficult to find enough covers for and rightfully as they are new characters. I hope more old covers come around in PVE so I can come closer to having more than 1 3* above lvl 100.
    hurcules wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    [Nah, I have never played LRs. Occasionally from time to time for the ISO but never regularly. My schedule is kinda busy on weekdays and they just don't fit in.
    Then you are missing out on one of the best featured events of MPQ.

- Playing in LR doesn't affect your PvP MMR. So however good/bad you do in LRl, your PvP MMR is safe.
    - Load up seed teams from the start of LR, beat all of them or reach 100 pt, call it a day. At least 1k ISO. Use whatever team you fancy and don't have to worry about placement.
    - Play the full 90mins if you want to get even more ISO.
    - 2* covers drop VERY frequently. So there is no excuse not to have your 2*s fully covered correctly after a few weeks of LR play.

And LR runs every 2 hours from Tuesday 12pm EST to Thursday 12 pm EST. I don't have time to do most of them either. But on loo breaks and commuting journeys I can squeeze in a few games, typically get up to 50/100 just for the ISO and standard tokens. Occasionally I take a long lunch to play the full 1 hour or so.

Try it. You might even like it.

Thanks for taking the time to post the information. I was actually in a T50 alliance a week ago before I decided to take a semi-break from the game. I have read the forums and all the guides and I have gotten useful information from team mates on how to gain more with minimal effort.

Unfortunately, LRs never fit my schedule. The rest of events took up enough of my family time so my wife was already pissed with me grinding every ~3 hrs. If I added LRs into the mix I might have not made it out alive. I decided to prioritize covers over ISO in order to have enough useful 3*. I figured that if I have the covers then ISO is just a matter of time and it does not require grinding at hours that do not fit your schedule.

Now I will be seeking covers from mostly tokens that I get from 300 progression in PVP and the grinding in PVE if I need the top cover. I might come back to play more if I see something fun again.

PS: My MMR is so great now that I have skipped 3 last PVPs. I can climb to 300 with only hitting half leveled 2*.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Which is appreciated, but it seems like the friendlier way around it would have been to put Blade in the position now occupied by the Captain Marvel cover.
    ..psst, they want you to buy Gauntlet tokens.

And I'd like people on the street to hand me hundred-dollar bills in exchange for nothing of value, but that's also not happening.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which is appreciated, but it seems like the friendlier way around it would have been to put Blade in the position now occupied by the Captain Marvel cover.
    The other way around it (and what I was hoping for until some confirmed it's not the case) is to make the final non-essential node reward be a single Blade cover instead of the large iso reward. That node is likely designed to be the hardest, so giving out the "top" progression in that node seems reasonable.

On top of this, I would say that they seemingly convert placement rewards into progression rewards, which in a way leaves out room for the "normal" progression rewards, outside of making them node rewards (i.e. Sim 15 gives 50 hp, sim 30 gives 1000 iso, etc.).
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    EDIT: was posted before I checked the rewards for the new pvp icon_e_smile.gif
    ---
    Requiring a new character to be able to have any kind of progression is ridiculous.
    A daredevil cover, are they joking? It's as if they don't want people to play the events.
    Giving a panther cover is also nice, but BLUE, this is the color no one needs...
    It's too easy to miss the top 150 of the previous event and chaining required characters that you can only get from the previous event is even worse.
    Cap Marvel -> Blade etc...
    Pay to win! Or should I should I say pay to play.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Any suggestion for the daken/daken/patch node?

Played with hood/cap but got slaughtered lol. Although I might just skip that node since I don't really need BP blue.
  • Sometimes when things get too crazy there is nothing left to do but call one man. This man's name is Loki. Bring someone to stand in front of him while he gathers his blacks.
  • Sometimes when things get too crazy there is nothing left to do but call one man. This man's name is Loki. Bring someone to stand in front of him while he gathers his blacks.

Who is the god
    that's called when strike tiles are to hard?

LOKI (you're damn right)

No one understands him but Enchantress

LOKI (he's a bad mutha) (shut your mouth)

What? I'm just talking about LOKI.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Question: Why is BP the final reward and not Blade? This seems counter to the last Gauntlet which had the 3 required 3*s as final rewards.

The problem with that in the last Gauntlet was that you needed Black Panther to get... Black Panther. Folks were understandably unhappy with that, so we didn't repeat that design.

Will, any thought to running a cumulative scoreboard for all three events? The first 3 star cover could be at the points for clearing all 42 standard nodes. The third for clearing all 60 nodes and the second one somewhere in between,

That change would allow someone without a required character to be able to earn 1 cover. It would allow people with rosters that cannot finish the last node or 2 the chance to still earn 1 or 2 covers.
  • The Gauntlet is over for me.

The 5th node of the 3rd sub is not doable whatever characters I am using. It was the same thing in the previous Gauntlet...

What's the point of having a scaling like this ?

This is ridiculous.
  • Any suggestion for the daken/daken/patch node?

Played with hood/cap but got slaughtered lol. Although I might just skip that node since I don't really need BP blue.

Hey, i'm just started the game some weeks ago and beat them on my first try occasionally.

Here is the setup i used. Blade lvl 40 (boosted), CStorm lvl 68 and OBlackWidow lvl 41 or sth around.

First i target Patch, then i noticed OMG i can't kill him, then i switch to 3*Daken, then to 2*Daken. I sticked to 2*Daken while Black Widow was constantly getting APs.
    Then i figured out during the match i just have to aquired like 22 blue AP to cast 2 time Wind Storm, makes 2 x 1.2k Damage to everyone.
    So main goal was it to stay alive. I had to heal with black widow one time. Once i got the 22 blue AP i casted first Wind Storm on Patch and the second on 3* Daken. 2* Daken was dead at this moment. The rest was just finishing in the last 4 stunned rounds.

I'm now at the final nodes and have to compete against lvl 98 heroes and my best one is still CStorm with 68. But she synergizes so well with OBW, but im stuck at simulator where i have to face AGAINST OBW so i'm really stucked, because i have no other strategy withour her. :/
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The Gauntlet is over for me.

The 5th node of the 3rd sub is not doable whatever characters I am using. It was the same thing in the previous Gauntlet...

This is ridiculous.

What is your scaling on the node? My enemy's on the nose are 150.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:

This is ridiculous.

The Gauntlet is over for me too. I beat it.
  • chaos01 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

This is ridiculous.

What is your scaling on the node? My enemy's on the nose are 150.

Ready ?

Steady ?

Go !

293 !
  • The final bosses: Lady Thor, Dinosaur and Fury was lvl 141 for me and i beat them easily with CStorm (68), Blade (40) and OBW (48). (latter ones were boosted for the event)

I'm just a beginner my best unboosted char is lvl68 so scaling wasnt a prob for me.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]An interesting side-note:

As of two hours ago, at least two players have already completed The Gauntlet...and now have nothing to do for the next few days. icon_eek.gif

As of yesterday, I could not go any further because the Scaling is horrendous for me.

Thank you for screwing my gameplay experience because I indeed supported your game for 8 months and paid thousands of €.

Shame on you.
  • chaos01
    293? That is insane. At 150 the Blade attack tiles were doing 384 damage. But hey they have scaled OBW to 134 so that total makes up for it.
  • Blade is absolutely crazy at lvl 293.

Thing is, there isn't much difference between my roster and the one of Worldrunner. I only have a maxed Fury. All the rest is about the same. So their scaling system shows it is calculated VERY badly.
  • chaos01
    Agreed. I have a level 100 hood, sentry, LCap, IM40, a bunch of 2 and 3 star.png at 94. Luckily I read some posts that warned me about taking guys above a high level to avoid these issues. I could max my LCap and my IM40. This seems to make my scaling not too terrible but makes PVP a struggle because I can on score between 400- high 500. I have never been able to get out of the 500's.
  • chaos01 wrote:
    Agreed. I have a level 100 hood, sentry, LCap, IM40, a bunch of 2 and 3 star.png at 94. Luckily I read some posts that warned me about taking guys above a high level to avoid these issues. I could max my LCap and my IM40. This seems to make my scaling not too terrible but makes PVP a struggle because I can on score between 400- high 500. I have never been able to get out of the 500's.

Conclusion : don't spend money, you're screwed in PvP. Spend money, you're screwed in PvE...