• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Iso 8 hoarders - 202x3
    Iso 8 Folly - 96x3
    Crossing Borders - 151 150x2
    Dockside Deal - 131x2 130
    Heist in Spain - 90x3

Base levels of the powered up roster is 120 Thor, 100 Cap, 50 Deadpool, 30 Johnny Storm, maxed OBW and CStorm. I also have a 166 Punisher, 153 Hulk, 130 Spidey, and a 100 Psylocke.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iso 8 hoarders - 266x2 267
    Iso 8 Folly - 138x3
    Crossing Borders - 216x2 217
    Dockside Deal - 190x2 191
    Heist in Spain - 123 122x2

I am in a death bracket. Top 10 players range from 24918 to 18231. My highest level characters are soft capped at 104.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stupid stupid stupid... why did I join this so early.

Went to bed just outside top 10 and now down to 200, which means I have to keep up this stupid effort for 5 days.

Uch...
  • I assume it's a freak accident but having Captain America boosted made this event a lot more enjoyable than the normal trainwreck it'd have been, because he's the one character who can fight ultra high level PvE opponents fairly. That is, someone like pre nerf Magneto can fight level 395s but it's just abusing cheap tricks. Captain America can't stunlock a single person without 24 blue AP and that's probably not happening, but he can greatly slow down even an ultra high level team once you get Peacemaker going.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't he boosted the last time they ran this too? Maybe not a coincidence.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like how when you are restricted to only the boosted characters they give you **** but when you can use any character they give you an all-star lineup. LCap + OBW + Thor/CStorm is better in PVE than any group you could have had in Venom: Heroic
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is probably my favorite PVE event because I feel like I can actually compete in the to the best of my ability. I pretty much only have Cap at 175 and Deadpool at 83. I have OBW, but she's only at 55 and useless for this event. Even still, I've been in the top 50 (so far) and ran over 8000 points in the first day. Wish all these PVE events allowed use of your full roster with nodes actually worth something! This PVE definitely makes up for that Venom Heroic! Can't do much when you're only allowed to use five characters!
  • rawfsu wrote:
    This is probably my favorite PVE event because I feel like I can actually compete in the to the best of my ability. I pretty much only have Cap at 175 and Deadpool at 83. I have OBW, but she's only at 55 and useless for this event. Even still, I've been in the top 50 (so far) and ran over 8000 points in the first day. Wish all these PVE events allowed use of your full roster with nodes actually worth something! This PVE definitely makes up for that Venom Heroic! Can't do much when you're only allowed to use five characters!

This event by structure is by far the worst PvE event, but this iteration provides proof that if you handed people the right characters to boost it can overcome a lot of bad design. As mentioned above the boosted characters are about as close to a PvE all star team you can ask for so it's not like some heroic events where you're fighting with both hands handcuffed behind your bad. Sure the enemies are cheap (but they don't have Daken most of the time, incredibly enough), but all your guys are pretty darn good too. Captain America is probably the best character in the game that feels like you're winning because of something you did as opposed to abusing game mechanics. All his moves are pretty good and borderline unfair in where they excel but he can't do any infinite combos so you still have to know what you're doing.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    This is ridiculous, the node with level 300 maggia boss, thug and sniper is actually easier than the ones with 2 level 40 thugs. They just get off so many pistols that I have to health pack after the match. Meanwhile the bosses countdowns take way too long to actually do anything.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ScrubJay wrote:
    This is ridiculous, the node with level 300 maggia boss, thug and sniper is actually easier than the ones with 2 level 40 thugs. They just get off so many pistols that I have to health pack after the match. Meanwhile the bosses countdowns take way too long to actually do anything.

Same experience here. Then again; it's nothing really new, as Maggia opponents have always been off-kilter.

I am, however, slightly disturbed at the fact that with a max lvl of 120, I'm being sent up against level 250+ right out of the gate...
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    As long as I can coast it in for a carol cover to hit essentials next run, I guess it doesn't really matter how exactly I finish it out. I did 2 clears the day the event started, but then couldn't touch it again till after work/supper the next day. Thus it went unattended for 18+ hours, dropping me from ~20th to ~450th. A few clears last night and one this morning had me back at 20th... She'll be about useless for her essentials in the next event, so I guess the finish just depends on how useless. What am I less excited about, another 2* I might never be able to use by the time she's built, or the 550 HP I have to drop to make a spot for her? About a tie.

This event... I put so much time into this on a previous run, only to find out the hard way that the ending hours were the only thing that mattered. Very bad memories on this one. I ground the event like a champion, top 5 the entire time. Missed the last push phase and wound up with 1 star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover for my effort. icon_e_confused.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say this about PVE. I always use PVE to grind for ISO and standard Tokens and progression rewards. I don't need the progression rewards on this PVE but I am on pace to hit it with 3-4 days left. The Nodes are getting crazy hard and it has only been 2 days. I am all for a gauntlet like event but not for 7 days. With the rubber banding I am basically going to be doing essentials and 1-2 other nodes and that is it. D3 you should want players to play all the nodes more. On a 7 day event we should see hard nodes on day 4-5 not day 2. At this pace is day 7 going to be all deadly?
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is definitely weird to swing so hard in rank. Maybe I'm just in a weird bracket, too.

The real scaling test will in a couple hours when - presumably, from what I understand about how this event has worked before - the original nodes will swap back in. If they are still scaled... yikes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    currently #2 in my bracket clearing full points every recharge.
    of 8 available nodes 3 Deadly, 1 Hard, 3 normal, 1 easy
    stacking boosts like crazy
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku, the nodes won't be the original nodes, but new ones. Scaling usually gets a reset with the end of sub-events which this PvE doesn't have. (the switchover doesn't count)
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My essential nodes are lvl 220+ and the bullseye/daken non-essential node is lvl 395.... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
  • ScrubJay wrote:

The rapid fire Pistol from regular Thugs were always one of the hardest CD to deal with because it goes off so quickly and they can spam so many of them.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I have to say this about PVE. I always use PVE to grind for ISO and standard Tokens and progression rewards. I don't need the progression rewards on this PVE but I am on pace to hit it with 3-4 days left. The Nodes are getting crazy hard and it has only been 2 days. I am all for a gauntlet like event but not for 7 days. With the rubber banding I am basically going to be doing essentials and 1-2 other nodes and that is it. D3 you should want players to play all the nodes more. On a 7 day event we should see hard nodes on day 4-5 not day 2. At this pace is day 7 going to be all deadly?

The easier nodes have some kind of fixed max difficuty so they probably won't go over around 100. Now the essentials and the hard nodes, there's nothing stopping them from all hitting 395 and they probably will at this pace. I grinded this one early and figure as long as I hit all the progression stuff before scaling kicks in then it's all good, and better to do this early rather than late and be stuck with a lot of 395 node from community scaling before you even had any points.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Stupid stupid stupid... why did I join this so early.

Went to bed just outside top 10 and now down to 200, which means I have to keep up this stupid effort for 5 days.

Uch...

I already joined but not played a node since currently 28,000 behind bracket leader and not worried about being able to place well.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This just went from hard to nearly impossible. I'm just barely starting my transition from 2* to 3*. Only have 4 maxed 2*s and most 3*s have one cover. I'm getting wiped out often and early in this latest node. I just can't keep up with threaten and pistol shot. I haz a sad. icon_e_sad.gif