Lightning Rounds(Goddess of Thunder Edition) Oct. 16/17th

Options

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have read that, and thank you Thing for the advice. I have tried several times but I'll keep trying. We still have >36 hours so we'll see!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got cover #13 for Daken from one of the anniversary tokens, and had enough ISO from the anniversary to max him to 166!
  • unco_dan wrote:
    5 tokens thus far from LR, all 250iso. cant imagine anyone reaching 500...would be nice if the anniversary token progression award was lowered to 400.

350 would still be a challenge for most but a possibly reachable goal. 400 would be not as superhuman as 500 but I don't think I could reach it. 300 would be too easy I think. 350-375 seems to me like that sweet spot where people are reaching it but not too many people are reaching it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    500 looks completely insane from where I'm standing, but top 5 has been consistently achievable even with my PvP MVP, a 4/2/4 star.pngstar.pngstar.png Thor, ruled out by the format. OBW and a level 91 Patch have been more than enough to win me tokens.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's very nice LR. Got from 10 tokens 4 Dino and this - http://i.imgur.com/YPDW1k7.png icon_lol.gif
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4 LR of the day (the end times are falling nicely for my ciggie breaks) and finished 1st for 3 x cardpack.png from these beauties, I pulled 1 x 2* and a blackflag.pngicon_daken.png and a purpleflag.pngicon_devildino.png (leaving the little devil at 0/0/3) taking todays total to 1x 4*, 3 x 3*s, and 7 x 2*'s

My advice is to wait until there are 5-6 mins left (have 2 25+ rounds lined up (even better if one is around the 30 mark) then jump in, win them both and you should finish top 3, the only downside is that I have gone through my stash of 25 +1 all boosts but the 4 covers and 8000 iso8.png take the edge nicely off
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Anyone get their prizes last lightning round that started at 6am pst?

Edit: weird i got it 9 minutes before the next one started, i usually got then minutes after it ends.
  • The fact that I've gotten five anniversary tokens today so far is seriously tempered by the fact that every single one of them has been a 2*. I don't think I've gotten anything usable out of one since the weekend, and I haven't pulled a single useful thing out of the daily deal. 0 for 7 so far, of which there is a less than 3% chance happening.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    It's very nice LR. Got from 10 tokens 4 Dino and this - http://i.imgur.com/YPDW1k7.png icon_lol.gif

05432796_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Joined with 8 minutes to go. Picked up three four quick wins to put me on 90 odd, which sadly was still not even good enough for top 5 as had a bunch of 166 monsters in there rolling through.

However, one of the standard tokens turned into a black hood, continuing my better results (albeit with far more of them) with standard tokens than anniversary ones
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The fact that I've gotten five anniversary tokens today so far is seriously tempered by the fact that every single one of them has been a 2*. I don't think I've gotten anything usable out of one since the weekend, and I haven't pulled a single useful thing out of the daily deal. 0 for 7 so far, of which there is a less than 3% chance happening.

The anniversary tokens have been so horrible for me that I'm assuming the entire forum is playing a massive hoax on me as an anniversary celebration. I'm pretty much to the point of wanting the week to be over so I stop trading 50 HP for 250 ISO.

At least these LR are providing a hefty amount of ISO. I could do this all week. 20-man brackets are fun too.

ETA: I'm assuming my luck will turn when I cash in all my heroics after they are updated. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The fact that I've gotten five anniversary tokens today so far is seriously tempered by the fact that every single one of them has been a 2*. I don't think I've gotten anything usable out of one since the weekend, and I haven't pulled a single useful thing out of the daily deal. 0 for 7 so far, of which there is a less than 3% chance happening.

I'm 0-fer on the daily as well, pending todays. 3 for 18 overall.
  • Ok I give up.

Was FourThor's build posted anywhere? I won't get to the LRs until later, and am curious about the hubbub.

Not yet. IceIX supposed to drop the info today.

If I could get my screen shots to post on forum, I'd put it in here for you. Sorry. Hopefully, some tech savvy person will do that soon. If not, nonce might when he logs on today since he had ownership of that character thread.

The put up a post with the known stats from the loaner in LR for GT.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17200
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I hit 500 twice so far and it wasn't easy, wasn't extremely hard either but I have a strong roster, namely X-Force and Hood who go very well with the awesomeness that is Goddess of Thunder.
    Thanks to all 2*s that play the LRs. Without you, hitting 500 would be impossible even for top players since we like to attack each other when close to 500 icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    Hence I was only able to hit 500 myself by farming small points from weaker teams that couldn't possibly retaliate with success. Not terribly proud but that's the same stuff required to hit 500 in a regular round/same stuff that usually happens up to 700-800 points in regular PvP events.
    I hope the threshold is lowered ASAP since it seems that even with higher participation in the US daytime hours it's impossible for most players.

No Dino pulls yet from 17 tokens. The only applicable cover I pulled so far was a black Doc Ock. The ISO is amazing and absolutely everyone should at least try to jump in for 20-30 minutes for seed farming.
  • Frickin' MPQ started downloading an update midway through my last minute LR push (I'm doing the whole "start 10 minutes before the end and beat up on seed teams" thing), closed the app to apply the update - screwed me out of a top 5 finish.

THIS IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF THINGS.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    If you're having trouble placing well, log on just before the LR starts, don't play until the last few minutes (enough time to win a match before it ends), pick a seed team, and score 25 points at the last minute. You should get top 5 about 25% of the time; if you time it right, you might be able to play with the odds a bit - but saving seed teams makes it much, much easier.

If you really want to play with the numbers, throw a few boosts in, start 5-6 minutes before the end, and cram in three or four matches. Boosted against seed team might take 30 seconds even with lady thor to wear down if you pick cheap/high damage abilities.

Just wanted to thank you for helping us out on this. I've never done LR beyond 100 pts. really and very sporadic at that, so was bummed w/the anny tokens mixup. But thanks to your info, I have been able to at least get the 3 I would've gotten if the pve/pvp were set up right. Now, if only you could help me to stop getting 2*'s w/the tokens that'd be great.
  • So played 4 of these things so far. Either I have really bad bracket luck or there is some serious sharding going on. Between 4 to 7 players with at least 1 screen of 166+ in each bracket so far. Pretty sure 20-35% of the player base playing LR does not have 6 or more 166s.

Anybody know if they are sharding these things?
  • cg2912 wrote:
    Just wanted to thank you for helping us out on this. I've never done LR beyond 100 pts. really and very sporadic at that, so was bummed w/the anny tokens mixup. But thanks to your info, I have been able to at least get the 3 I would've gotten if the pve/pvp were set up right. Now, if only you could help me to stop getting 2*'s w/the tokens that'd be great.

Glad it's been able to help people.

And if I knew how to stop getting 2*s I would. Seven straight today, nothing else.
  • Jetness
    Jetness Posts: 22
    Options
    I managed to get 1st place in a LR! Yay!!

Bad news - all anniversary tokens were 2 star.png that I already had. icon_mad.gif

I joined with half an hour to go, and had to keep playing until the round ended. I ended up with about 225 points. The hard part was generating points faster than I was losing them.

I've got one of those 2 star.png transition teams, but am finding that about anything works with Thorina since she's leveled and skilled so high. Kinda like using Human Torch to make use of the black tiles that no one else wants. I found that I need to grab red first, then blue. I need to stun the opponent's Thorina before she stuns me, then attack with the red.