Lightning Rounds(Goddess of Thunder Edition) Oct. 16/17th

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
Welcome to your introduction to Thor, Goddess of Thunder!
Hope you guys stayed up late for the 10pm PST start time, maybe they're finally doing something for the Europeans, in which case, good on them!

Prizes

Progression
25 - 280 iso8.png
50 - Standard Token
100 - 500 iso8.png
200 - Standard Token
300 - 1000 iso8.png
500 - Anniversary Token

Placement
1 - Anniversary Token x3, 2000 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
2 - Anniversary Token x2, 2000 iso8.png
3 - Anniversary Token, 2000 iso8.png
4-5 - Anniversary Token, 1000 iso8.png
6-10 - Standard Token x3, 500 iso8.png
11-15 - Standard Token, 200 iso8.png
16-20 - 200 iso8.png

Comments

• So do we use the loaner in every round, every match? Will anyone else be boosted? Will there be any sharding? Will I wake up in time to play the tail end of the 5 am Eastern round?
  • Thought about starting my own thread, but this is so much lazier. We are currently at approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes to the best 48 hours of LR ever (AFAIK). LR's with Anniversary Tokens + HP for 1st + double ISO everywhere (too bad I don't know how to do the Buzz Lightyear meme). I started Anniversary week just accumulating ISO and having fun. When PVE and CA started I had enough ISO to take Baby Daken and M Hawkeye from 15 to 94, so I did. Since then I have also taken MMN from 50+ to 94. Hence, I started trying to get as many of my 2*'s maxed as I can.

Enter stage right, GT LR's. My goal now is to play every single LR for the next 48 hours, which is much more than my ordinary first 10minutes with occassional last 20 minutes of regular LR's in which I have never played more than 10 in a week (I think). When I thought it was going to be regular LR with double ISO, I just planned to hit as many as I could in my spare time. When the Anniversary tokens were added, well....you already my goal so you know the rest.

In addition, I still plan to hit PVE again soon and compete in BOP because ISO is good, so more ISO must be better.

Hopefully the sharding and RNG gods will be kind, if not, at least there's ISO. Hopefully, the ISO will balance out any sanity/sleep I lose the next 24 LR rounds. If the question is why do this, then the answer is because this kind of opportunity does not come around often...and I do not mean ISO, HP, or tokens...although those type of rewards demand attention icon_e_wink.gif

See y'all soon.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Luckily(?) there's no PvE tomorrow, and the one that starts Friday has no subs, so I can devote most of my attention to LRs until the orgy of ISO and tokens comes to a close.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lightning rounds are up now. Thor is level 100 with 5/4/4.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    So she already seems like a good partner for Patch if she has 5 in Yellow. 1451 AOE damage at level 100 and 5 random enemy tiles converted to charge tiles for 12 Yellow. It's like using Loki but with damage.
  • I'm really liking Lady Thor at the moment. I'm not liking going into a match and coming out -111 points though icon_e_sad.gif. Oh well.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Having a fully covered character on the team up event is a really great idea. I never understood why handing you a 1/0/0 cover is somehow supposed to make you want to level that character up. Even the most broken of characters like original Ragnarok or Classic Magneto sure doesn't seem too impressive at 1/0/0.
  • She's good enough that people with 2* rosters have an ok chance of winning a longer battle against 166s.

Unfortunately she's also good enough that someone with two more 166s will end the battle much, much faster.

This is going to end up as lopsided in favor of people in 3* land as I feared. Get ready for a storm of complaints, because people with 94s aren't placing.
  • ark123 wrote:
    She's good enough that people with 2* rosters have an ok chance of winning a longer battle against 166s.

Unfortunately she's also good enough that someone with two more 166s will end the battle much, much faster.

This is going to end up as lopsided in favor of people in 3* land as I feared. Get ready for a storm of complaints, because people with 94s aren't placing.

If you're not running classic Storm then she'll definitely cover red, blue, and yellow well for a 2* roster in terms of ability power. For the 3*, she'll probably end up covering red and blue, since blue is generally hard to find a good power, and while red powers are abundant, you usually don't have a supreme red power on the top list of best 3*s. Just having a chance of doing a Power Surge followed by Smite at least gives a 2* roster some chance of taking out a 3* that they otherwise won't be able to.
  • Phantron wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    She's good enough that people with 2* rosters have an ok chance of winning a longer battle against 166s.

If you're not running classic Storm then she'll definitely cover red, blue, and yellow well for a 2* roster in terms of ability power. For the 3*, she'll probably end up covering red and blue, since blue is generally hard to find a good power, and while red powers are abundant, you usually don't have a supreme red power on the top list of best 3*s. Just having a chance of doing a Power Surge followed by Smite at least gives a 2* roster some chance of taking out a 3* that they otherwise won't be able to.
    Just using a mnmags with maxed purple and pretty much any good 94 green user like Ares or Thor will make a team competitive - but not fast enough to ever compete with hood and lets say patch.

By the way, the Ragnarok tiles? Disappointing.
  • Wow that was fun. Placed first in a LR for the first time ever. Ran patch and mnmags while climbing... Tons of stun and charged tiles from mags purple leads to Thor one shotting pretty much anyone with her red. Berserker rage with thors yellow works beautifully together... Can only imagine what she's like maxed...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Didn't really have a chance to dedicate the whole time to that first LR, but it seems fun. I think I ended up somewhere in top 5, so that's nice.

Tried a few different line ups.
    Patch is the obvious choice to make the most out of her Yellow, however in some of my later matches I found that my opponent was churning out enough special tiles that it didn't really matter - Spider-Man and CMags were the main culprits.
    Hulk + Thor + Patch, with the right ordering, let Hulk cover Red and Green, so that he could get angry.
    Patch + Thor + IM40 will also work well, I think. My IM40 is underlevelled, and I was putting a much bigger emphasis on comboing Zerker Rage with her yellow. I think if I rush Yellow and then use IM to fuel Red, Green and Blue, I can probably end up throwing arond a lot more damage.

Hood is actually pretty nice, but he's going to be tanking with his face most of the time. The Charged tile mechanic can also make it harder for Dormmamu's Aid to negate AP gain. Sill, I used Hood + Patch for majority of my matches.

Edit: Oh, and you can get Thor Team Ups, so I'll be collecting a few of those.
  • So far it seems fun. The 20 brackets are almost enjoyable because you always finish at least t20 icon_razz.gif

My bracket was fairly distributed I should say. Few low lvls, few 2* rosters, 2 transitioning ones and 1 maxed. I know it would be better to have to play only with your own levels but no one said MMR will be "fixed" during the lightning rounds.

Thoress seems awesome so far. Loving playing her and I'd love to see how she will play out and if she will make that perfect combo with XForce in the future.

All in all this is the best LRs ever. They should keep this pattern for all LRs from now on (At least for the brackets). One thing I keep thinking is that maxed 3* roster will have big advantage stomping anyone in their bracket. Then again they have earned that right from playing enough the game. Enjoy people, it doesn't get any better icon_e_smile.gif
  • Won my bracket with LDaken+Xforce. Still I managed to have my team decimated once by opponents Thor alone due to series of lucky cascades. Round was easy until I got to 100 points when easy opponents ended and I had to go vs harder teams until finish with like 380 points.
    Got 2x ** and 600 coins.

Goddess seems like a very nice and usefull character.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    That was sweet.

A lovely little bracket with, at first glance, only one familiar name (too busy playing to look at the bracket more than once).
    A new character that melts faces, makes tiles furry, and has no obviously inferior power. icon_cool.gif
    Three shinies: icon_beast.pnggreenflag.png & 2 2*s. Not the best pulls, but nothing at all to complain about. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So uh, anyone hit the 500 progression reward? I got #2 in my bracket with like 280. #1 had 420. My alliance mate got #1 in his with 350.

Got a 2* cap and a moonstone for my trouble...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So uh, anyone hit the 500 progression reward? I got #2 in my bracket with like 280. #1 had 420. My alliance mate got #1 in his with 350.

Got a 2* cap and a moonstone for my trouble...
    Highest I got was 450, after which I was being hit for -50 for every match I was able to do, boosted, which weren't even worth 25 to begin with
  • Please continue to post strategies...I'm trying not to be negative as someone who got decimated and is transitioning 2* player....
  • Well I just tried my first one. Phone just ran out of battery with me in 9th place (so no idea where I'll finish) after playing it from start till about 15 minutes from the end.

Hit teams for 20 points, finish match see that I've lost 30+ everytime :/

Maybe I just got unlucky with my bracket but with them being separated into 20's I kind of hoped to not see 19 other teams with 166 rosters :<
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    Has anyone gotten close to 500 yet? I've gotten 1st and 2nd with a little over 300 in each. I got 2 2*, 2 3* I don't need, and a greenflag.pngicon_devildino.png