Dark Avengers: Heroic - Sept. 25 - Oct 1

Options

Comments

• Sumilea wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    It looks like there is not much rubberbanding in this one.

The rubber band is nearly exactly the same as it was last time I guess they happy with the current values

It's not...

Someone in our Alliance started the PvE 20 hours after the event started. After one clear, he got 5600 points. 20 hours earlier, we could get 4000. Now, the earlier joiners have gathered up to 16K points. No way late joiners can catch up.

In the end, the Alliance total scores are totally **** up...
  • I'm already skipping three nodes on this thing. I'm actively debating whether staying on the new character train is worth it at this point. A six day heroic sounds like the developers trying to punish us. They need to stop with the heroics. They're miserable events. When they ran them every so often they were sort of interesting challenges, but they run them so often now that they're just miserable.
  • I used to think : well, I can spend a couple of Health Packs if I get 5000HP worth of covers. So I was buying Health Packs to be able to score...

But this PvE is brutal as can be.

What is insulting is that the best performers in my brackets have ridiculous rosters (incomplete 2* with lvls like 50-60/94)...

I'll finish this PvE, but I'm afraid it will be the last. I prefer to buy additional covers once I have won the ones in the next PvP, rather than grinding like this and pay for crazy amounts of boosts and Health Packs.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've had the AI use Polarizing Force and Demolition as a TU against me. In two different games, just to be clear icon_e_smile.gif . This is new for me. Before, in PvE, it could only use other DA powers as TU. When did this change and was it mentioned already?
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    It looks like there is not much rubberbanding in this one.

The rubber band is nearly exactly the same as it was last time I guess they happy with the current values

It's not...

It is. To quote myself from the Deadpool vs MPQ
    Sumilea wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    vetheran wrote:
    Also if there is rubberbanding icon_e_smile.gif
    There is no rubberbanding in this event. Very weird.

Rubber band just started so its a long way back this time I would guess 10K behind the global leader giving something like 350-400% of base value points.

Which are close to the values being used in this event. Rubber band kicks in when your 10K behind and increase by one every 10K farther back. You will never catch the leader unless he stops playing for a long time.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    I've had the AI use Polarizing Force and Demolition as a TU against me. In two different games, just to be clear icon_e_smile.gif . This is new for me. Before, in PvE, it could only use other DA powers as TU. When did this change and was it mentioned already?

This changed with the next-to-last patch - I like it better this way, actually. The DA powers started getting really repeatitive and it meant you got hit with World Rupture a lot. I believe that the TU pool is universal now, and they removed World Rupture and Supernova from the ones the computer will use.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

This changed with the next-to-last patch - I like it better this way, actually. The DA powers started getting really repeatitive and it meant you got hit with World Rupture a lot. I believe that the TU pool is universal now, and they removed World Rupture and Supernova from the ones the computer will use.
    The AI has not been able to use Sentry teamups for quite a long time now; they were removed a short while after teamups were introduced. I believe the AI using teamups other than the dark avenger ones only started on this PVE (stealth change of R61?), at least from what I observe.
    I actually liked it when they could only use DA teamups (except sentry's). The DA teamups were usually harmless because of their high cost (like murderous aim) or minor effect (like symbiote snare). Now with all available teamups it just provides another chance for the AI to screw you over.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There definitely is rubberbanding, but it's like it didn't start until after 12+ hours in. Even now it's far less than "normal" (guess I should say, what has typically happened before).

Still haven't noticed any scaling, however.
  • loroku wrote:
    There definitely is rubberbanding, but it's like it didn't start until after 12+ hours in. Even now it's far less than "normal" (guess I should say, what has typically happened before).

Still haven't noticed any scaling, however.

Per Sumelia's observations, that actually makes sense. You wouldn't qualify for big RB numbers until you were a certain distance behind the global lead. And it took awhile for the mythical scorebeast to get that far out ahead.
  • MaxGoof
    MaxGoof Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How many people are on-track to get 120,000 in this event? The battles with Juggernaut are so damaging that I really don't know if I'll get close to that unless I grind like a madman...
  • MaxGoof wrote:
    How many people are on-track to get 120,000 in this event? The battles with Juggernaut are so damaging that I really don't know if I'll get close to that unless I grind like a madman...

I'm assuming the subs will have escalating node values as they go. Even so... is icon_psylocke.pngblueflag.png really worth stressing over?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Especially not now that there are two of them up for grabs in the PvP. Unless you have none at all, or really want to get Psylocke up to 166 as quickly as humanly possible even if it's on a bad build, you don't need three of them.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally wiped for the first time. I think it was my 5th or 6th full clear. I went into Three Amigos with half health to try to complete another full clear with no healthpacks for bragging rights, but ended up having everyone die.
  • MaxGoof wrote:

There are 2610 points per refresh. A 2 day sub has 20 of them plus whatever you do extra in the final hour minus a couple for sleep. Lets say 16 making my estimate of a maximum score this sub at 41760. With a 25% increase each sub that means the grinders will make it with room to spare. The people using the band should make it if they close right in each sub and finish 11K behind the global sub leaders. Remember there is quite a few points up for grabs in the final 12 hours also.

In fact the current leader is ahead of this, they have around 31000 meaning they done nearly 12 refreshes with still time for another 7 or 8. So they should get close to the 50K if they keep that up.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

The AI has not been able to use Sentry teamups for quite a long time now; they were removed a short while after teamups were introduced. I believe the AI using teamups other than the dark avenger ones only started on this PVE (stealth change of R61?), at least from what I observe.
    I actually liked it when they could only use DA teamups (except sentry's). The DA teamups were usually harmless because of their high cost (like murderous aim) or minor effect (like symbiote snare). Now with all available teamups it just provides another chance for the AI to screw you over.
    Yeah, so now the AI is using demolition and Daredevil trap powers instead.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    I'd much rather see Demolition than Supernova. One health pack vs. three.

(Also, I started this event a day late so I'm just now seeing the scaling wonkiness. Bowling For Goons was up to Deadly after one clear, and Ares is already stronger than my post-boost Psylocke. My reaction to that involved the words "sideways with a rusty cheese grater.")
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

(Also, I started this event a day late

You and a bunch of other forumites it seems. So much for my "wait a while and get an easier bracket" strategy.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You and a bunch of other forumites it seems. So much for my "wait a while and get an easier bracket" strategy.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to join tomorrow or take a gamble on a last hours join. I want to snag at least one cover but really am not looking forward to actually playing this event based on what everyone is saying.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    It's not that bad! I haven't touched the stupid Ares node and I'm still #1 in my sub and #5 overall. Your mileage may vary if your roster scales you out of 2* usability, though.

*waves up to Grumpy in the main bracket*
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options

You two need to slow it down - I'm going to end up getting scaled out if I have to keep this up too long icon_e_wink.gif