Dark Avengers: Heroic - Sept. 25 - Oct 1

Options

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Home stretch! I see "Personal Security," the bottom-most essential node, as worth 787 points. Does anybody see anything different? If not, we are probably in zero-RB territory.
    Personal Security is worth 740 points for me. I have 148K points and am second in my bracket.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Home stretch! I see "Personal Security," the bottom-most essential node, as worth 787 points. Does anybody see anything different? If not, we are probably in zero-RB territory.

Mine's worth 1777. I'm currently #42 with 79996 pts.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And the nodes are repeatable thankfully icon_e_surprised.gif

My personal security was worth about 1200 points (I just beat it). I'm on 110k for reference
  • Seems like there may be rubberbanding this time?
    Incoming VIP was 1025 for me, and about 500 for alliance mates.
  • Home stretch! I see "Personal Security," the bottom-most essential node, as worth 787 points. Does anybody see anything different? If not, we are probably in zero-RB territory.

1285 points for me, so RB is definitely not zero.
  • CaptTrick
    CaptTrick Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Mine is only 740
  • jojeda654 wrote:

icon_cry.gif

I'm 49th with 110k points.
  • Home stretch! I see "Personal Security," the bottom-most essential node, as worth 787 points. Does anybody see anything different? If not, we are probably in zero-RB territory.

Look back a few pages I told you there was rubber banding on the main nodes.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great--12 more hours of grinding.

Are all the nodes repeatable or just certain ones?
  • So...

We have repeatable - rubberbanded final nodes?

That is so dumb....

So very bad. I thought they would have learned by now...
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I already played personal security and I can't remember but Incoming VIP is worth 500 to me, the non-essential node on that tree. Hasn't changed since I started knocking off nodes.
  • Sumilea wrote:

Look back a few pages I told you there was rubber banding on the main nodes.

Last time this ran, end of June/July, there was no RB in the main on the last set of nodes, which were repeatable. Everyone talked about how nice that was.
    So of course it's not back.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

icon_cry.gif

I'm 49th with 110k points.

Point totals between brackets are basically irrelevant for placement: jojeda joined later than you and thus had less chances to get points compared to you. Its about how well yourr doing compared to your bracket, and your bracket has had more time to earn points than other brackets.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I never know the best way to hit these nodes. I'm in 11th with 126k, same bracket as crooked. Personal Security is 1067.

So do I hit right away and grind or wait for them to balloon up in points then hit em? I'm so confused.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    So I never know the best way to hit these nodes. I'm in 11th with 126k, same bracket as crooked. Personal Security is 1067.

So do I hit right away and grind or wait for them to balloon up in points then hit em? I'm so confused.

By the time you're here, and you're already in a bracket, you _should_ try to do them all as close to every 2.5 hours (whatever the full reset time is) as you can. The dream to live is waiting until about halfway through the event and then joining so you get to play less and get put in a bracket where you place just as well if not better than joining early.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personal Security is worth 1549 for me, I'm presently ranked 88 in my bracket.

It does look as if there is Rubberbanding. C'est la vie. Hopefully not too crazy?
  • hamsingame wrote:

Yeah my Personal Security is at 2040, so rubberbands ahoy

Edit: me, miao and stouts bracket is at 813 with the leader sitting at 70k

Doh! Was hoping for a nice quiet relaxing evening not having to keep hitting nodes every 2.5hrs.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grr, you're right. There is RB and it's putting all my hard work to waste these last 6 days. Lost about 700 points of the lead to 2nd/3rd on the first pass. Will a 5k lead hold up until event end????? It better or I call B.S.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was enjoying this event so much up to now. Scaling wasn't insane, subs ending at decent EU times, all was lovely. Now I have the usual grind like mad until I go to sleep then pray that one of my kids calls out in their sleep so I can get away with a last second node or two. What complete bollocks this is
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:
    Grr, you're right. There is RB and it's putting all my hard work to waste these last 6 days. Lost about 700 points of the lead to 2nd/3rd on the first pass. Will a 5k lead hold up until event end????? It better or I call B.S.

Since the base points are about 4.5K (I assume I'm at base point values since each node had a nice round number of points) even without RB 5K wasn't going to hold up unless you grind.