Smash Hit - Season VI - 22 - 24 Sep

Options

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As someone with a darn good X-Force I really don't mind this event. Surgical Strike wipes out all the green tiles on the board, it Angers Hulk which outs more out there. Repeat a couple times and--Whoops! I have 30 green AP! Better unleash X-Force (the ability) 3 or 4 times to finish the match.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need to make a new im40. I got all yellow before i learnt how dumb that is. Or maybe i can hope for a buff?

I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the "buff" was Fastball Special.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    As someone with a darn good X-Force I really don't mind this event. Surgical Strike wipes out all the green tiles on the board, it Angers Hulk which outs more out there. Repeat a couple times and--Whoops! I have 30 green AP! Better unleash X-Force (the ability) 3 or 4 times to finish the match.

Five covers in Surgical Strike would be fairly beastly for this event.
  • hurcules
    Options
    Wobby wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Only issue with vudu3's scenario is the 11 black AP requirement after the first surgical strike. Combo breaker.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

This has been my experience. I'm actually having fun this PvP. X-Force - Hulk - Daken are making short work of pretty much any team. And my Hulk is maxed, so he can absorb the hits the enemy team does manage to get off and generate more green for X-Force.
  • Using Xwolv daken hulk.. The tactics is just accumulate green till u have enough black for surgical strike.. And if theres enough green on board surgical normally does 8k and with the green u had previously u should have now 30 green.. more than enough to kill lvl 249 hulk and another char or 2 if u get lucky with cascades.
  • hurcules wrote:
    Wobby wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Only issue with vudu3's scenario is the 11 black AP requirement after the first surgical strike. Combo breaker.

X-Force + Doom = killer combo? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not having a good X-Force, I found that Berserker Rage 5 + Anger 5 can have positive results when Hulk is tanking (and the other Hulk has <5 Anger) icon_e_smile.gif
  • What the heck is up with the AI having Snarky Remark TUs like... everywhere? Way more often than I've ever seen them.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Bad double post, no dount.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I stopped at 800 with a 3 hr shield just in the top 10. I have my IM40 max covered so I just wanted the progression rewards. On my climb I saw a lot of 2* teams or big X-Force with maxed Hulk + Extra. In the last 10-15 min I might do a couple matches but it might not be worth slogging through. I didn't use 1 boost this event which was nice.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I stopped at 800 with a 3 hr shield just in the top 10. I have my IM40 max covered so I just wanted the progression rewards. On my climb I saw a lot of 2* teams or big X-Force with maxed Hulk + Extra. In the last 10-15 min I might do a couple matches but it might not be worth slogging through. I didn't use 1 boost this event which was nice.

2 hours ago I stopped just past 800 in top 3, should be good for top 10, I dunno. I only need the top 25 blue cover to cover max IM40. If a miracle happens and I make top 5, maybe I'll start a second LM40 just for PVE red generation.

Been running Patch + BP + Hulk, and my Hulk has been using a LOT of health packs! Patch only tanking the purples icon_e_sad.gif

But it's been nice not worrying about Hood + Sentry or Daken + Sentry combos. Please, make my Hulk angry! Helped that my Hulk only level 120 or so, so he has a thin skin so to speak icon_e_smile.gif
  • Defeated in my second-to-last battle of my last push, kept me from a top 25 finish. Hulk angry. Hulk cause cascades. Rawr.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My last push wasn't enough to get the alliance into top 100, but I did manage to crack the top 100 in my bracket! So we get no alliance cover, but I'm blessed with another level of Ballistic Salvo instead of getting a fourth cover for Speed Shot, a skill I actually wanted. This event sucked.

And now....ohboy, LDaken. This is gonna be a bloodbath.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I learned that trying to shield hop with a 2* roster and 15k+ Hulk health to chew through is a terrible, terrible idea.
  • My scant 807 netted me 10th in my bracket. I'm very surprised by that. Since I bought an 8 hour shield, and used a total of 6 +all boosts (3 from the event) I made a... 120 imcoin.png profit. Sweet.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So is anyone else waiting on prizes from this event? I don't think mine have come through but the PvP tile doesn't say rewards pending. I just updated to the new version after the end of the pvp and wasn't sure if anyone else had this issue.
  • j12601 wrote:
    My scant 807 netted me 10th in my bracket. I'm very surprised by that. Since I bought an 8 hour shield, and used a total of 6 +all boosts (3 from the event) I made a... 120 imcoin.png profit. Sweet.

Huh? 100HP progression + 100HP reward - 150HP shield cost = 50HP profit without even bringing in the cost of boosts. Or did you get the rest in alliance rewards?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Django Unbuffed placed ninth in the alliance ranking, so add another 100 HP for that.
  • Django Unbuffed placed ninth in the alliance ranking, so add another 100 HP for that.

Ah, got it. Maybe I should look into joining a decent alliance.... But then I'd feel obligated to play even when I don't feel like playing...
  • kalirion wrote:
    Django Unbuffed placed ninth in the alliance ranking, so add another 100 HP for that.

Ah, got it. Maybe I should look into joining a decent alliance.... But then I'd feel obligated to play even when I don't feel like playing...

It's about finding the right fit. A lot of the "top" ones will have goals per event. Say... 700 points per PVP, but will be flexible if you communicate that you can't make an event. Some will grant you a permanent place, but ask that if you're going to sit out an event and it might affect the alliance rewards significantly, that you bow out for that event so they can get a sub, and come back after.