Smash Hit - Season VI - 22 - 24 Sep

Options

Comments

• vudu3 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    Now that we know IM40 is the reward, I hope you listened to vudu icon_e_wink.gif
    The ironic part is I'm building a 5/5/1 IM40 and but he's currently 4/2/0 so I need a top 5 finish for 5/4/1. icon_e_sad.gif

I would say serendipitous!
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    Now that we know IM40 is the reward, I hope you listened to vudu icon_e_wink.gif
    The ironic part is I'm building a 5/5/1 IM40 and but he's currently 4/2/0 so I need a top 5 finish for 5/4/1. icon_e_sad.gif

I thought 5/5/2 was the optimal build. Has that changed? This event will put me at 5/5/2 and level 40. I have never dropped a dime into IM.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have a specific team you're putting IM40 on, and that team doesn't have a high-priority blue power, all the second level does is require an extra yellow match to get your free red AP for Best There is or Fireball or whatever.
  • Jdberia wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:

I thought 5/5/2 was the optimal build. Has that changed? This event will put me at 5/5/2 and level 40. I have never dropped a dime into IM.
    It depends on what you want to do with recharge. If you are only interested in the red AP, then 5/5/1 is better since recharge only costs 6 yellow at level 1. If you are also interested in blue AP then you can go 5/5/2.
  • Only took 6 months without buying any covers, but finally one cover away from a fully-covered 3*. Got Hulk at 3/4/5 for this one, and brought him up to level 127 (got tired of looking at him at 114.) Having him buffed is ridiculous, think he's got 13K+ health. Just wish it wasn't IM40 covers as rewards, especially when I'll sell one of the two blue covers since that'll be at max... icon_evil.gif
  • flnn1 wrote:
    Jdberia wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:

It depends on what you want to do with recharge. If you are only interested in the red AP, then 5/5/1 is better since recharge only costs 6 yellow at level 1. If you are also interested in blue AP then you can go 5/5/2.

Also excited for IM40 covers. Made the mistake of giving mine 3 yellow and sold him off a while back. he is now up to a monster 1/1/1 and since I want no more yellows this is a great opportunity to aim for top 25 and pick up 3 usable covers.
  • Jdberia wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:

I use him to battery Lcap (in conjunction with Hood mostly), so 5/5/2 is perfect for me. But if you won't run him with a blue user there's no point.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Debating whether I should bother putting some more ISO into Hulk right now. Currently level 95. The extra health would be nice but even a maxed hulk really isn't a deterrent these days, is it?

it depends on how many black covers you have. If you've got 5 black, his anger tile will do damage similar to a Sentry WR tile to both teams. I toss in a Daken and a useful damage dealer, and that would be decent defense against a 2* team. If you have less than 5 bk covers for Hulk, then no he's not worth leveling.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Debating whether I should bother putting some more ISO into Hulk right now. Currently level 95. The extra health would be nice but even a maxed hulk really isn't a deterrent these days, is it?

it depends on how many black covers you have. If you've got 5 black, his anger tile will do damage similar to a Sentry WR tile to both teams. I toss in a Daken and a useful damage dealer, and that would be decent defense against a 2* team. If you have less than 5 bk covers for Hulk, then no he's not worth leveling.
    That would work if you didn't have the option of killing the other characters before Hulk without triggering Anger. Max Hulk really is a non-issue and only slows down the time it takes to get a win. Wont get downed by Sentry right away though so there's that.
  • Using my lvl 55 hulk on this pvp and atm its fun. He's 5/3/5 and he tanks red when im using x-force and daken. The fun part its when i get enough black to get surgical, i put him to match red so he can take dmg wich makes him flood the board with green gems and its byebye hulk lvl249 in 2 or 3 moves and still have green for more 2 x-force icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    I already have a 5/5/2 IM40. I've gotten to the point where I'm building a 5/5/1 because there's almost nothing else I still need.

As others have said, 5/5/2 and 5/5/1 are both good and the better one depends on who you're pairing him with.

5/5/1 will let you cast recharge on your third turn and return 9 red AP by your fifth turn. If you use three +1 red/yellow boosts you could have up to 18 red AP by the start of your fourth turn (start with 3 red/yellow AP, match yellow on first turn, cast recharge and match red on second turn, match red on third turn, get 9 red AP back from recharge on fourth turn). If you also use three +1 to all AP boosts you can have 18 red AP by the start of your third turn.
  • I need to make a new im40. I got all yellow before i learnt how dumb that is. Or maybe i can hope for a buff?
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Think this is the most disheartening PVP I've played so far. Am only in the 2* camp and up to now have been able to hit 500 or so before hitting the wall of 3*s. This time everything from 400 up has been a stretch, even the 2* teams have Hulk at insane levels.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Shielded for the duration, so hit me if you see me.
  • I shielded for the duration at the grandiose score of 707. This is sort of the perfect storm of event mediocrity that made me not want to play it anymore. Between boosted Hulks, lousy rewards, and lousy end times, plus actual entertaining other stuff going on in the game (LRs and the Gauntlet) I just didn't have any motivation to push harder on this one.
  • Have to agree with the general sentiment here, this was the least fun I've had in PvP in a long time. Hit 800 last night and stopped due to a lack of good targets. Figured I'd try and just get 900 this morning and shield out. Hadn't been hit to much overnight but the retals were worth nothing. Find a 40 pointer, start the match, game crashes. Ended up shielding out at right around 800 again. Average last season was over 1100. Probably should have not sunk more iso into Hulk. Bad end time, undesirable IM40 rewards, and slow matches does not make for a good time. I'd be ok without seeing Smash Hit for another six seasons.
  • j12601 wrote:
    I'd be ok without seeing Smash Hit for another six seasons.

Now that I've got my Hulk complete, I'd rather they never ran it again. Just award Hulk prior to Balance of Power and similar types, and never get around to running the Hulk event.
  • As a relatively new player, this has been the worst PvP event since I started about 3 weeks ago.

Seems like everyone has a jacked up Hulk that I just can't deal with yet when mine has absolutely nothing.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I'd be ok without seeing Smash Hit for another six seasons.

Now that I've got my Hulk complete, I'd rather they never ran it again. Just award Hulk prior to Balance of Power and similar types, and never get around to running the Hulk event.

I really hoped that's what they were going to do this time....and I loathe BoP, Combined Arms, etc.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    It's a slow, slow way to go but I've Patchnetod my way up to 750 now and only spent health packs on Hulk. Get a reasonable board to start with and it even splats boosted Hulks pretty quick.

I've been hit once on my way to 800 and I won.