Deadpool VS MPQ - Sep 16 - 18

Options

Comments

• anyone know hows if rubberband is high or low for this event?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wanted to point out that when listing rewards and powered up heroes

1.5 healthpack.png
    3 icon_moonstone.pngpurpleflag.png
    4 Token

is not very legible. the icon_moonstone.png symbols kill the line height formatting
  • silverrex wrote:
    anyone know hows if rubberband is high or low for this event?

I am guessing its like the last one. The points per node have increased greatly - 1400 first time around - and no sign of the rubber band yet.
  • Hmmm question.

So there's been some posts saying there's such a thing as pve sharding...does it happen from season to season? Would placing well in this event come back to bit me in the **** later?
  • ark123 wrote:
    Hmmm question.

So there's been some posts saying there's such a thing as pve sharding...does it happen from season to season? Would placing well in this event come back to bit me in the **** later?

In terms of PvE sharding is more to make sure you don't easily get a new bracket if you join late and that all the crazies are sort of spread out in multiple brackets instead of all being in one.

It's not something you'd need to worry about unless you can take top 2 in an event, and if you can you usually have nothing to worry about anyway.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HP is getting harder to come by. This is the second PvE in a row with no HP progression plus the up to 150 placement now only awards 25 HP. Anyone else smell a price increase coming?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The subs offer HP rewards though - up to 100 each.

And they just give you 50HP for completing one node.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    silverrex wrote:

I am guessing its like the last one. The points per node have increased greatly - 1400 first time around - and no sign of the rubber band yet.

can someone confirm rubberband is there or not? I dont want to get caught the moment I decide to try out the rubberband strategy and the dev decided to turn it off. Im not going to abuse it like waiting until the last 12 hours. I will try tomorrow morning
  • Can someone please post when the first sub ends? Also if there is rubberbanding icon_e_smile.gif Planning to play as little as possible to still get the Russian icon_e_smile.gif Thanks
  • orionpeace
    Options
    The first sub ends at midnight tomorrow.

Sumilea will correct me when he has time, but so far, the RB appears to be low.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15721&p=220142#p220142
    Next PVE seems to be Deadpool vs MPQ icon_e_smile.gif

Yay for hoarding tokens
  • silverrex wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    silverrex wrote:

can someone confirm rubberband is there or not? I dont want to get caught the moment I decide to try out the rubberband strategy and the dev decided to turn it off. Im not going to abuse it like waiting until the last 12 hours. I will try tomorrow morning

Still no rubber banding as of yet. Since I not worked out how much the base points are I cannot say if gotten to the point of Heroic Juggs yet.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    silverrex wrote:

Still no rubber banding as of yet. Since I not worked out how much the base points are I cannot say if gotten to the point of Heroic Juggs yet.

I've done 2 clears and have 5285 in the sub. So something in the ballbark of 2.5K since 2 nodes aren't repeatable (and I think together were worth 300 points).

EDIT: Woops looks like I missed a node. So a bit closer to 2.6-2.7K...but that still makes the RB pretty bad.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    I've done 2 clears and have 5285 in the sub. So something in the ballbark of 2.5K since 2 nodes aren't repeatable (and I think together were worth 300 points).

Well either its much worst than last event or there is none. Some people already nearly 8K. So looks like I need to do 8 clears to get my cover instead of a couple.
  • orionpeace
    Options
    I've done two clears for a total of 5479 in the sub.

There are 13 people in my sub with scores from 5450 to 5480.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    Also if there is rubberbanding icon_e_smile.gif
    There is no rubberbanding in this event. Very weird.

I started just after the event started and the first node was 100. (It decreased to 80 after beating it once.) 5 hours later, it's still worth 100 (and I'm like 900 / 1000 in my bracket, so I know I should be getting a 10x bonus).

I'm guessing the top ranks in this one will go to whoever has put in the most time.
  • They couldn't throw us a bone and make it icon_daken.pngblueflag.png

This is them throwing us a :middle finger: (Really hoping that smilie is coded)
  • loroku wrote:
    vetheran wrote:
    Also if there is rubberbanding icon_e_smile.gif
    There is no rubberbanding in this event. Very weird.

Rubber band just started so its a long way back this time I would guess 10K behind the global leader giving something like 350-400% of base value points.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After 2 runs, 5480 in sub and exactly 5600 in the main
    Amusing fact: We are 5 tied players with exactly 5600 at this time
    Not so common after several fights

I feel too that rubberbanding is very low, almost absent.
    Maybe rubberbanding will increase over the course of the event?

Otherwise those who plan to enter late will have a bad surprise ecountdown.png
    I don't like when rubberbanding is too strong but I like even less when rules change without notice
    bah! I probably worry without reason

edit: just saw the above post of Sumilea. My alliance fellows who plan to join later are safe icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'm not seeing any rubberbanding as well.
    Finished 1 run right after the event started.
    Just finished my 2nd run. Started the 2nd run being probably 7K points behind the leader and every node generated exactly the same points the 1st run.