*** Colossus (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    On defense because of how the game is set up, even if he has his yellow out, a player can just attack another teammate and not have to worry about the dmg reduction.
    I don't think that's how the power works. Even if you choose to attack another opponent, Colossus will jump in front and take the damage if his yellow tile is on the board. You can't simply choose to attack someone else to avoid the effects.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    On defense because of how the game is set up, even if he has his yellow out, a player can just attack another teammate and not have to worry about the dmg reduction.
    I don't think that's how the power works. Even if you choose to attack another opponent, Colossus will jump in front and take the damage if his yellow tile is on the board. You can't simply choose to attack someone else to avoid the effects.

something tells me any time with Colossus and Hood will be quite a challenge to defeat if he pulls off his yellow.
  • I I'm gonna use fastball alot. Loving the fact that I can throw patch and dish out his red.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Deadpool going to be able to still do full damage to this guy even when his tile is out. A Little off the Top does 65% of Health Bar subject to a max dmg of 3299, so does it interact with Deadpool before or after Deadpool checks the damage?

Deadpool A little off the top---Colossus at 10200 Health----ALOTP 65% = 6630 Damage. So does it go Colossus drops it to 3315 then Deadpool checks and it goes to 3299

or does 6630 go to Deadpool first, checks, dmg to 3299 then Colossus checks and drops the damage to 1649?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    I I'm gonna use fastball alot. Loving the fact that I can throw patch and dish out his red.

You need to keep your colossus underleveled if this is your goal: remember that max level colossus tanks red/yellow for Patch, leading to presumably green only TBTIs.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    I I'm gonna use fastball alot. Loving the fact that I can throw patch and dish out his red.

You need to keep your colossus underleveled if this is your goal: remember that max level colossus tanks red/yellow for Patch, leading to presumably green only TBTIs.

When someone is airborne the match emblems change to account for the missing character, so I'm thinking when Patch is airborne, you'd get nothing when he lands because none of the emblems are his. I'll try it out.

Edit: Just tested it and TBTI does damage when landing from Fastball Special, so it's still calculated correctly even though nothing has Patch's emblem while he's airborne.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Is Deadpool going to be able to still do full damage to this guy even when his tile is out. A Little off the Top does 65% of Health Bar subject to a max dmg of 3299, so does it interact with Deadpool before or after Deadpool checks the damage?

Deadpool A little off the top---Colossus at 10200 Health----ALOTP 65% = 6630 Damage. So does it go Colossus drops it to 3315 then Deadpool checks and it goes to 3299

or does 6630 go to Deadpool first, checks, dmg to 3299 then Colossus checks and drops the damage to 1649?
    probably glitch the same as it does now. Back when Hawkeye had avoid, alotp calculated using health, then hit next. Same issue as using punisher and having dp jump in front
  • IceIX wrote:
    I guess the only thing I want to know now is if Immovable Object reduces damage before or after defense/strike tiles.
    It reduces base damage. So 100 damage with 25 points of Strike tile increase would hit for 100*.5+25 damage, or 75. A 100 point hit with a 25 point Protect tile would hit for 100*.5-25, or 25.

Per the description, "Colossus protects his team by standing in front of any force that comes their way." Shouldn't this by definition include strike tiles and AOE?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Man, they really wanted to emphasize Colossus' Sovietness.

Tile icon: SOVIET TILES.

Fastball Special: SOVIET THROW. (alt. names: Proletariatoss, Chuckov)
  • Colossus could also make IM40 much more viable, because his abilities all cost a fortune but do a lot. GSBW, too.
  • Anyone really used him maxed so far ?

Is he any good ? Could he be part of the Top Tier metagame ? Or is he just fun (like Deadpool).
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He probably won't have much of an impact on highend pvp. But let's be honest. The only things right now that will impact high end pvp is:

A character with better ap steal than Hood.
    A character with better strike generator than Daken.
    4* Sentry
    A character with a passive that directly counter's world rupture/sacrifice.

In pve though, I'm pretty convinced Colossus is a game changer. With his yellow, you'll be able to fight much higher scaled enemies than you could before. Just boost +3 yellow ap, match twice, and now you don't have to worry about your squishy getting one-shoted by devil dino whenever he goes out to pick up a tile. This lets you charge your abilities optimally and end the games faster, while using less health packs.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any sighting of a fully leveled one yet?
  • pchuan11
    Options
    Middy1 from tenel heros already had him maxed at 3/5/5.
  • And what do you guys think about a Colossus / X-force / Falcon team?

This way he would tank red, which is good, and have a good yellow. X-force will use Black and Green and Falcon goes with his purple protect tiles, redwing and passive yellow (Colossus in the center so he also tank yellow).

It looks to me as a good defense team.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Rafaelmsb wrote:
    And what do you guys think about a Colossus / X-force / Falcon team?

This way he would tank red, which is good, and have a good yellow. X-force will use Black and Green and Falcon goes with his purple protect tiles, redwing and passive yellow (Colossus in the center so he also tank yellow).

It looks to me as a good defense team.

Falcon is generally terrible without Daken: his main use is inspiration, and if you don't have a fast tile generator (aka Daken, even Patch/Punisher/etc seem really slow), he ends up doing a whole lot of nothing. Another issue with him is that his bird strike costs 12 ap. On the X-Force / Colossus / Falcon team, you prioritize green, black, and red which means that you got no time at all to cast Falcon's bird strike. X-Force and Colossus would probably work fine together though: Colossus has a strong red for X-Force to abuse, although the fact that his black could be used over surgicial is a huge hit for the team defensively. I would say that probably X-Force / Colossus / Fury is better in general, and fits the theme you had in mind of adding a blue / purple user to the team.
  • Any team with X Force will work in the sense how if worst comes to worst he can probably do 1on3 if needed like the old Magneto. But I'm not seeing much point to put him with X Force or Falcon for that matter.

The top tier needs to be knocked down at least half a tier before Colossus would be viable, and even then it's hard to say if he'd be competitive against say, Punisher, who is around half a tier below the very top.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Any team with X Force will work in the sense how if worst comes to worst he can probably do 1on3 if needed like the old Magneto. But I'm not seeing much point to put him with X Force or Falcon for that matter.

The top tier needs to be knocked down at least half a tier before Colossus would be viable, and even then it's hard to say if he'd be competitive against say, Punisher, who is around half a tier below the very top.

Meh, I think there is a lot of value in having a strong red with X-Force given the current metagame of Sentry (and LazyThor post nerf), and given how Colossus has one of the best reds in the game, I would say that he synergizes more with Colossus than someone like say Punisher. Colossus is probably an above average partner for X-Force considering the alternatives.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Any team with X Force will work in the sense how if worst comes to worst he can probably do 1on3 if needed like the old Magneto. But I'm not seeing much point to put him with X Force or Falcon for that matter.

Meh, I think there is a lot of value in having a strong red with X-Force given the current metagame of Sentry (and LazyThor post nerf), and given how Colossus has one of the best reds in the game, I would say that he synergizes more with Colossus than someone like say Punisher. Colossus is probably an above average partner for X-Force considering the alternatives.

I ran Falcon + X Force + Daken on Top Gun which has no strong skills on any color that isn't X Force's and it did fine. Right now Hood is very strong defensively and only Daken potentially matches up well against him, and neither has any meaningful attack skills. In the typical featured PvP event you end up with a team of featured + X Force + Daken or Hood if your team is built around X Force. Dropping the third slot for a red user over Daken or Hood seems to be giving up way too much to your team power. If it ever gets to a point where most PvP events don't involve one of the three slots already fixed I'd worry more about filling out with good powers. In general most PvP teams has the structure of Featured + (Hood or Daken) + (the biggest and most powerful guy you can find) and doesn't leave much room for creativity. Even for SHIELD training, The Hood has the support/defense role locked down very well and the only consideration is whether you take him or Daken (or both).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While Daken is okay with X-Force, I have found Magneto to be far superior. Polarizing Force combos so well with X-Force, you can maximize a Surgical Strike with it and Surgical Strike can Maximize Polarizing Force. If the opposing team has red as strongest, I will go Surgical Strike into Polarizing Force, if they don't I try to Polarize into Surgical Strike. Hood is just annoying and always fits in any comp. I have also used X-Force/Mags/Hood to much success depending on the comp I can rotate Daken in and hopefully someday Fury once I get him more covered, but X-Force and Fury aren't super awesome together just for the fact Fury is there just to hopefully use Purple