Too Many Secrets - Season V opener

Options

Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Have to commend flare808 for this amazing hop between shields.

At 4:54 left in the event, he was unshielded at 1612. At 4:53 left, he had jumped to 1655. At 4:52 left, he was at 1698. (I have screencaps with the time-stamps on them.) I assume he was using boosted Sentry/Hood, but, even so, 86 points in two minutes is pretty amazing.

Just to clarify some information before it spirals out of control. Yes, I did shield hop 2 hits of 1900+ in a relatively short amount of time with boosted Sentry/Hood. As for the timing, I went back to Line and I unshielded at 2:04 and reshielded at 2:08. Not exactly 2 minutes, but the second fight was short. Thanks for not sniping me if you were watching!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just passed 1300 for the Fury cover. I'm in a relatively quiet bracket. Only 3 of us are either at or approaching 1300. Fourth place is at 986. Tenth is at 751.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    Have to commend flare808 for this amazing hop between shields.

At 4:54 left in the event, he was unshielded at 1612. At 4:53 left, he had jumped to 1655. At 4:52 left, he was at 1698. (I have screencaps with the time-stamps on them.) I assume he was using boosted Sentry/Hood, but, even so, 86 points in two minutes is pretty amazing.

Just to clarify some information before it spirals out of control. Yes, I did shield hop 2 hits of 1900+ in a relatively short amount of time with boosted Sentry/Hood. As for the timing, I went back to Line and I unshielded at 2:04 and reshielded at 2:08. Not exactly 2 minutes, but the second fight was short. Thanks for not sniping me if you were watching!
    How could I snipe you? You were unshielded and shielded before it was even possible to queue you. Even more amazing that you did it again for another 80+ points just now. I missed exactly when you unshielded because I was attacking at the time, but I was unshielded for only about three minutes max. However, I got screencaps of the rest of your jump. Notice that the 3:35 mark is the same for both the 1698 and the 1740 scores, and at 3:34, it registers another jump to 1781 (the time-stamp for the second hop is a little hard to see). Very impressive.

8-24-14pt2006_zpsced97b2d.png8-24-14pt2007_zps1a9bc03a.png
    8-24-14pt2009_zps5a88af81.png8-24-14pt2010_zps4d9db69b.png
    8-24-14pt2012_zps4e1100ed.png8-24-14pt2013_zps4881abe8.png
  • I started in the middle and am just barely pushing 1100. Top 2 are 1500+. I don't even need the pun covers, I just wanted that Fury yellow, but I don't know...
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Trying to get to 1300... siting atm on 1167.. i hope i can get the fury cover... i ca only hope no one attacks me on my way to 1300 :S

edit:
    I did it!!! 1º time i did 1300 and i get a fury cover =)... im so happy icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need the Pun covers for top 25 but my bracket is looking more and more ferocious as I type this. If I make it to 800+, I'd call that a blessing since I it's crazy tonight. Don't they know there's a PvE going on?!
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    I need the Pun covers for top 25 but my bracket is looking more and more ferocious as I type this. If I make it to 800+, I'd call that a blessing since I it's crazy tonight. Don't they know there's a PvE going on?!

Good luck! Most people by now have given up on PvE, like me. I know I can't outgrind the top 3 in my bracket so I just settled in and will be doing just the bare minimum to get those tokens.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:

Good luck! Most people by now have given up on PvE, like me. I know I can't outgrind the top 3 in my bracket so I just settled in and will be doing just the bare minimum to get those tokens.
    That was my plan too. I do need the Patch Yellow but I'd be better off grabbing it from the PvP that's going to happen during next PvE. Hopefully its top 100 placement for that one.
  • For one glorious moment, I am sitting in 5th place, 3 whole points above TheUnwiseOne. Since I'm not going any further, I'm pretty sure you're gonna meep meep right past me, TUO. icon_razz.gif
  • Big shout outs and congratulations go out to my Xmen Bro Puerto Rico for getting the first 2100 PvP score and the new record for highest PvP score.

Did it all without a single maxed char (Well he has a max dead pool he doesn't use). Unbelievable man... You're a beast!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited August 2014
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    For one glorious moment, I am sitting in 5th place, 3 whole points above TheUnwiseOne. Since I'm not going any further, I'm pretty sure you're gonna meep meep right past me, TUO. icon_razz.gif
    You were still there last I looked... from my lowly 12th icon_redface.gif

And I'm in a SHIELD bubble this time - it's usually Djangos - but every second node is Bee or Twysta. I don't want to hit Bee cause a 14K health Fury is lot to get through in a hurry and I don't want to hit Twysta cause he'll make a nasty meme about me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    For one glorious moment, I am sitting in 5th place, 3 whole points above TheUnwiseOne. Since I'm not going any further, I'm pretty sure you're gonna meep meep right past me, TUO. icon_razz.gif

o.O

Well, I'm heading to bed, so if it stays that way it will be more of a shock than anything. Come on, Hairy Creature, puuuuush! Push like you're giving birth!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

o.O

Well, I'm heading to bed, so if it stays that way it will be more of a shock than anything. Come on, Hairy Creature, puuuuush! Push like you're giving birth!
    I'm good. Hit my 800 target and I don't need Punny covers so I'll stay where I am.
  • man I really wanted the 2 green pun covers, ended in 6th with 1397, does that count as a death bracket?
  • Well that was actually rather fun. I certainly don't want to go that high again, but since everyone else was, it wasn't too bad.

Congrats to the crazy climbers that are breaking unheard of scores (and d3's revenue projections icon_razz.gif ) and as a result make it achievable for the rest of us.

Congrats to daveomite for crushing this one, and the whole top 8 for hitting the Fury.

G0Qh6Le.jpg
  • Big shout outs and congratulations go out to my Xmen Bro Puerto Rico for getting the first 2100 PvP score and the new record for highest PvP score.

Did it all without a single maxed char (Well he has a max dead pool he doesn't use). Unbelievable man... You're a beast!

Yeesh... 2121 points?

I don't even..... that seriously doesn't compute (at least to me).

Impressive, to say the least. That had to require quite a significant HP spend to shield hop that high.

Grats on the achievement!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    seeing all you and your crazy brackets....i just have a brag a bit....cause mine was in no way competitive, how bad was it?

well....
    YL5t_T6i.jpg
  • I know at least the top 13 all got Fury in my main. Somehow I managed to hold on to top 10 with 1328 by 9 points.
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    man I really wanted the 2 green pun covers, ended in 6th with 1397, does that count as a death bracket?

That would have netted you 6th in mine also top 5 was over 1400.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Big shout outs and congratulations go out to my Xmen Bro Puerto Rico for getting the first 2100 PvP score and the new record for highest PvP score.

Yeesh... 2121 points?

I don't even..... that seriously doesn't compute (at least to me).

Impressive, to say the least. That had to require quite a significant HP spend to shield hop that high.

Grats on the achievement!

It does require a lot of HP. Everyone always asks and I don't really know what to tell them. I was thinking about posting my pvp log one of these days just to see for myself if nothing else. This wasn't a good pvp for me at all. I got sniped while shield hopping 4 times and 5 out of 6 in a row (and 8 times total just today) and then lost to a teammate while going for 2k right at the end. I'm embarrassed by my pathetic 1957 score compared to what these others put up. icon_lol.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    will-smith-sneeze-o.gif