Hollowpoint Kiss - August 13 - 15 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    There is NOBODY playing.
    I took this opportunity to grind to 2300 in SHIELD Simulator for the Mohawk black cover. Made it without shielding and never got attacked once. Been sitting there for a couple hours and still haven't been attacked.

I'm really surprised so many people are grinding for Fury covers. I just assume that with the horrible end times no one stands a chance unless they forego sleep for the next 4 days.
    We had similar idea icon_e_wink.gif

I hit 2300 like half an hour before you hit me (IGN: Nogard) icon_razz.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There is NOBODY playing.

I kind of forgot about this event going on to be honest...all my health packs have gone to the PvE...

Might have something to do with the fact that I really don't like using GSBW and barely care about the Spidey covers....which ironically is what I received for my 300 token - Purple 3*Bag-Man.....

Now, give me an event with CapMarvel as the prize and I'm all in.....she's been very non-existent since her debut.....
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Looks like Worldrunner fell asleep at the wheel again lol.
    Down to 1100 from 1700.

It went down to 800. I let my shield go last night. I'll be back up don't worry. Winning the normal way has gotten too easy and boring. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Down to 1100 from 1700.

It went down to 800. I let my shield go last night. I'll be back up don't worry. Winning the normal way has gotten too easy and boring. icon_e_surprised.gif
    Yeah I can see getting bored at 1700 lol.
    Nice bracket we got.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Nice bracket we got.

New record for me. In previous unshield sleep episodes I've lost 600,700, and 900 pts. Lost 1000 last night.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Nice bracket we got.

New record for me. In previous unshield sleep episodes I've lost 600,700, and 900 pts. Lost 1000 last night.

Lots of people apparently started the PVP last night. I got hit for 200 right before bed, regained it, then lost another 200 overnight.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Down to 1100 from 1700.

Money has definetely a different value for you and me..
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Meh. Got hit while crossing 1100, but got the cover, so I don't really care.
    If someone is looking to distribute some points, I'll take some to put me above 1100, else I'm shielded through the end.
    Fire away.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure which is worse. The fact my Spidey is maxed and don't want to play top 25 but need to meet a minimum amount of points or the fact I'm trying to throw games while climbing and gaining defensive wins with GSBW/Spidey/Daredevil.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    I'm not sure which is worse. The fact my Spidey is maxed and don't want to play top 25 but need to meet a minimum amount of points or the fact I'm trying to throw games while climbing and gaining defensive wins with GSBW/Spidey/Daredevil.
    Spidey can mess you up with those stupid defense tiles.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to go from 500 to 1100 in one go. Highest I've gotten with no shield. Don't think I was attacked a single time this whole event. Really odd. Anyhow probably done for the duration. Shielded around 1100, so hit me if you see me.
  • So, this just happened: YIVcCNP.png
  • Shielded at 827. Was doing pretty well until I got hit by a sniper rifle and call of the storm in successive matches (managed to win the second abusing magneto's blue, but the first didn't go so well), and then did a last match with sentry, daken, and the loaner. And that sniper rifle was a team-up on a team with a GSBW, and the CotS was a teamup on a team with a Thor, so I'm in the mood where I'd pull the plug on teamups overall if I could.

Feel free to hit me. I'm shielded for the rest of the time. I think it will expire about 90 seconds before the end, but I think that will be ok. I won't unshield; I don't need the covers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded at 827. Was doing pretty well until I got hit by a sniper rifle and call of the storm in successive matches (managed to win the second abusing magneto's blue, but the first didn't go so well), and then did a last match with sentry, daken, and the loaner. And that sniper rifle was a team-up on a team with a GSBW, and the CotS was a teamup on a team with a Thor, so I'm in the mood where I'd pull the plug on teamups overall if I could.

Feel free to hit me. I'm shielded for the rest of the time. I think it will expire about 90 seconds before the end, but I think that will be ok. I won't unshield; I don't need the covers.
    I nearly gave you a poke while I was climbing but I thought I'd be kind and leave you alone - that and high level LazyThors have a tendency to get amazing cascades when I try taking them out icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm shielding for the duration too so hit me if you see me.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded at 827. Was doing pretty well until I got hit by a sniper rifle and call of the storm in successive matches (managed to win the second abusing magneto's blue, but the first didn't go so well), and then did a last match with sentry, daken, and the loaner. And that sniper rifle was a team-up on a team with a GSBW, and the CotS was a teamup on a team with a Thor, so I'm in the mood where I'd pull the plug on teamups overall if I could.

I nearly gave you a poke while I was climbing but I thought I'd be kind and leave you alone - that and high level LazyThors have a tendency to get amazing cascades when I try taking them out icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm shielding for the duration too so hit me if you see me.

I appreciate it. I was just trying to get above 800, and by the time I was using Thor I barely had anyone still healthy. Having to do another match might have done me in, especially since I lost my GSBW.
  • Well I probably won't unshield until an hour before the end or so, so feel free to hit me until then (and hopefully give me some defensive wins icon_e_biggrin.gif)

Then again I'm only at 720 points so probably of no use to anyone reading this.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The matchmaking is completely broken. I have spent several thousand ISO skipping the same 3 guys. At 700 getting the same 3 max level Sentry and Black Panther teams over and over and over.
    At this point I must assume they want 2 Star teams to play vs 166 Teams? I mean I could probably win a match with some boosts, but that would leave my team completely demolished. All the while getting sniped by other climbing players. (I did get Worldrunner at 600 Points when he had 1981. Probably would've been worth it to use max boosts and 2 Glas Cannons icon_mrgreen.gif )
    Those brackets are very disheartening since I really want the spidey covers (nobody else seems to want them) but will probably end up 30th with everyone above me having maxlevelled teams or very close to it.
    I hope they fix the sharding for the next season and here's hoping 2 people get cascaded out of the game against me icon_twisted.gif

What's the experience of other people with 2 Star Teams? Can you place top25. Especially in this one since OBW isnt allowed. I was a bit lucky in the regard that I could climb with a 114/91 Patchneto.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The nudge ain't gentle enough :O

Z6u8GwHl.jpg
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    The matchmaking is completely broken. I have spent several thousand ISO skipping the same 3 guys. At 700 getting the same 3 max level Sentry and Black Panther teams over and over and over.
    At this point I must assume they want 2 Star teams to play vs 166 Teams? I mean I could probably win a match with some boosts, but that would leave my team completely demolished. All the while getting sniped by other climbing players.
    Those brackets are very disheartening since I really want the spidey covers (nobody else seems to want them) but will probably end up 30th with everyone above me having maxlevelled teams or very close to it.
    I hope they fix the sharding for the next season and here's hoping 2 people get cascaded out of the game against me icon_twisted.gif

What's the experience of other people with 2 Star Teams? Can you place top25. Especially in this one since OBW isnt allowed. I was a bit lucky in the regard that I could climb with a 114/91 Patchneto.

They *definitely* tweaked mmr again and only confirmed what I found over the last couple PVPs. 600 seems to be the magical threshold these days. Any time I cross it, the 166s come flooding in. I tanked my entire roster prior, so it should have helped but it didn't once past 600. For the most part, I can finish T25, but I'm transitioning from 2-3* and am one cover away from my first 166.

It was pretty epic, actually. I was on the verge of crossing 700 when I got hit for 100+ points in the midst of a match. Ended up shielding when I approached my previous score, so if anyone sees me, hit away.

Also, my bracket is insane. X-men and Spartans at the top and people are playing this pvp way harder than the previous one.

Edit: Just came across someone with the IGN of Inigo Montoya from the alliance Chicago Agents. +1 to you, sir/madam.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Qtquazar pushing for first and a bunch of crammed in near 1100 around 3-7. Also arrogntbastrd lurking somewhere, keep thinking he'll appear at some point but maybe he's just taking this one off. Could be interesting. Anyway good luck hanging on qtquazar!

Edit: uh oh, passed for 1st. Who's gonna jump last and maybe get sniped?

Edit 2: grats on the win qt